1950 8 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6587b3a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Hi all,

I tried resetting the remote, (per DJI) that didn't work. I can raise and lower landing gear, I can still turn in the motors. I could probably be able to fly it, but I don't want to try that... The App shows disconnected, so I have no craft info coming across the screen, no battery life or GPS or camera view.

I have the latest App version installed. The remote acts like its doing a FW or downloading something, the green light keeps flashing with red, when the aircraft is turned on.
Not sure how this happened. I put it away for a few weeks and when I tried to use it, this what happened.
I tried a new USB cable.
I hven't tried to see if the HTMI port works
I tried to put the latest FW on.. WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50, it but it failed... and when I tried it again (after formatting SD card and starting over) it wont' even try to load now.

Current F/W - WM610_FW_V01.10.01.40

DJI said its time to buy a new remote!

I bought this inspire 1 in May of 2015, so its an early one

Anyone have any suggestion?
I dont want to buy a new remote if i dont have to

thanks
Rob

2018-1-29
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know if you are running an IOS device (Apple).
If so, read this DJI statement
2018-1-29
Use props
fans6587b3a7
lvl.3
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-1-29 11:44
I don't know if you are running an IOS device (Apple).
If so, read this DJI statement

thanks yes... I think this is my problem... though I'm not at the IOS 11.05 I'm at 11.02... but ever since I updated the app, this all happened...
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rob, iOS DJI Go V3.1.27 has been released, could you please update to have a try?
2018-1-30
Use props
fans6587b3a7
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 01:16
Hi Rob, iOS DJI Go V3.1.27 has been released, could you please update to have a try?

I will,  thank you!
2018-1-30
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

"I tried to put the latest FW on.. WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50, it but it failed... and when I tried it again (after formatting SD card and starting over) it won't even try to load " are you trying to laod this version to the Aircraft and it fails or to the RC  transmiter or to both ???

Is the 1.11  firmware above what you are trying to load to the RC transmitter ??? .. If so that file is ONLY for the Aircraft and you need 1.7.8 for the RC transmitter loaded via the GO app. If you cant load that to the Aircraft then  e sure to read my tips page  ( below ) , It may be as simple as not fomratting the SD card correctly , Macs are notorious for this.

Couple of possibilities I see here :

1- you are not on a compatible system on the apple device , roll it back to the previous one ( the I pad FW ) then try to connect. *** Or update to the latest go app , do that first .

2- You may have a bad HDMI module on the back of the RC If updating the new app does not solve then it may be the port . ( I assume you have tried quality cables )

3- You may have a combination of things going on here, you have the apple with the problematic firmware BUT you are also trying to update the RC transmitter to the wrong version of firmware and you are doing it wrong.  Need to get to 1.7.8 for the latest FW for the RC transmitter and this can ONLY be done via the Go app.  ( At one time you could use the SD card with SPECIAL files  to update the RC transmitter via thumbdrive , but only to version 1.6 , then DJI made that impossible.  AS the matter of fact that is how the Transmitter was updated until version 1.3 )

4- You may have a bad HDMI module on the back of the RC transmitter but I need to know the above information first .

So load the latest go app to the I Pad and go from there  .  If it connects then great , then you need to update the RC via the  GO app and a wi fi signal  to it.

Make note of the below information :
MAKE SURE THE AIRCRAFT IS ALWAYS OFF WHEN UPDATING  the RC TRANSMITER  AND VICE VERSA .  It is critical that that the RC transmiter be off when updating the Aircraft as well and be sure to remove the SD card with the  firmware update on it  when the update is done .  NEVER FLY  OR TURN ON THE RC TRANSMITER WITH A SD CARD LOADED WITH FW ON IT, IT CAN CORRUPT THE VIDEO ENCODER MODULE AND THIS COST ABOUT  300 dollars to fix.
read my tips page , only takes a few minutes and may clear some things up.

Tips: Loading NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO
Sorry for the long rambling post , I do that sometimes.....

donnie

2018-1-30
Use props
fans6587b3a7
lvl.3
United States

Donnie - Apple 0 Posted at 2018-1-30 04:31
"I tried to put the latest FW on.. WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50, it but it failed... and when I tried it again (after formatting SD card and starting over) it won't even try to load " are you trying to laod this version to the Aircraft and it fails or to the RC  transmiter or to both ???

Is the 1.11  firmware above what you are trying to load to the RC transmitter ??? .. If so that file is ONLY for the Aircraft and you need 1.7.8 for the RC transmitter loaded via the GO app. If you cant load that to the Aircraft then  e sure to read my tips page  ( below ) , It may be as simple as not fomratting the SD card correctly , Macs are notorious for this.

no worries about the long winded post...

"3- You may have a combination of things going on here, you have the apple with the problematic firmware BUT you are also trying to update the RC transmitter to the wrong version of firmware and you are doing it wrong"

I did not try to update the RC... I was putting the latest FW on the Aircraft. I tired this AFTER the problem... I know how to do FW.  I don't have the latest on my iPAD3 I have 11.2.. I haven't put the 11.5 on yet..

This problem all start when DJI  updated  app, I want to say 2 weeks ago. The reason why I tried to do the FW was, I was thinking the FW had to be up to date, to match the GO APP.

I did make the mistake of leaving on the RC when doing the FW... only because I thought it was disconnected... when in fact I can still control the aircraft, but I just have not readings... which now m lake me think I screwed up by leaving on the RC... I think the RC is still trying to do an update...
but it still doesnt explain "no conection" on APP, this was happening before I did the FW, which leaves me to believe it was somerthing with the new GO APP 2 weeks ago

Rob

2018-1-30
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans6587b3a7 Posted at 2018-1-30 06:00
no worries about the long winded post...

"3- You may have a combination of things going on here, you have the apple with the problematic firmware BUT you are also trying to update the RC transmitter to the wrong version of firmware and you are doing it wrong"

If you load the latest go app ( and try other cables )  and still have the disconnect problem then more than likely you may have a bad Port on the back of the RC transmitter .

Can you try a different Go app device  and cable ?

If you try another go app device and still no joy then I would be that it is the bad module , Part 94 about 100 USA dollars.  Also if it is the problem get with me before Installing  I have some tips for you .

If the AC will not load the latest FW be sure you are using the correct one.  If you have the X5 camera then you MUST choose that one first from the Product Select box.  If you have the X3 it defaults to that .  If you have done many updates in the past and are very familiar with it you may have a coruupted video module on top of everthing else, the best way is to look at the hidden file after attempting an update and see what it says, Look at lines 0800 and 1500 specifically , be siure to look at the bottom of the page log as that will be the latest update.
Try this first :

I would get that Go app working first before anything else, dont try to update the AC or RC.  You must be on comparable FW  if the AC and the RC still communicate with one another .

So try tthe latest update on the go app be sure to delete the old one first , then if that dont work try another go app device and  quality cable , then if that still dont work then  I would be 95% sure it is the HDMI module on the back of the RC that is toast.  There maybe issues on the Camera of the Ac but we need to start somewhre .

donnie

2018-1-30
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

You can also try spraying some deoxit in the USB port, and then put the cable in and out a few times to work it in. This product will remove any oxidation from the pins, and improve conductivity.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules