Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

2018-1-29
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, they watched this earlier today, because I like VW campers and had hoped to see a few shots of theirs (as well as the Air). Bit disappointed though, in not seeing the camper; the Air review was good
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Just found this one very interesting:

2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

So...
Air has smaller aperture (even spark has bigger aperture with f/2.6). -1
Air has higher burst bitrate (which is actually more marketing blah blah than anything else). +1
Air cannot shot D-Log. -1
Air cannot use OcuSync, and this results in worse connection to goggles and lower res video feed, apart from having less range -1
Air has two new quickshots (which probably find their way to the mavic pro/phantom) but mavic pro has way more flight modes. -1
Air has less flight time. -1
Air has no telemetry on controller. -1
Air has smaller formfactor. +1

Not mentioned: Air is way louder than Mavic Pro Platinum, and as far as I've read even louder than Mavic Pro. -1
Mavic Air has backward sensors and new avoidance flight (I hate obstacle avoidance so I ve turned that off for my aircrafts): still +1Air is faster in sport mode. +1
Air is lighter (good for carrying, but bad for flying through wind so this point goes to the pro). -1
Mavic Air is cheaper. +1

8:5 Pro
So still a lot of reasons to go pro

2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

spookster Posted at 2018-1-29 14:57
So...
Air has smaller aperture. -1
Air has higher burst bitrate (which is actually more marketing blah blah than anything else). +1

Just be happy with your Pro then, but no reason to keep on trying to pull the Air down in various posts. Don't know why the Air seems to disturb you that much, there must be a reason though... ;-)
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Germany

I am happy with my pro!
If I did not have a pro and spark, the air might have hit me (best of both worlds).
But hopefully I feel confident enough to go for a phantom/inspire when I get enough flight time on my birds.

What I do not understand is people saying mavic air is better than pro.
This is just plain false, and therefore it is cheaper (I have to edit the post )...
2018-1-29
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 15:01
Just be happy with your Pro then, but no reason to keep on trying to pull the Air down in various posts. Don't know why the Air seems to disturb you that much, there must be a reason though... ;-)

One point of view may be as good as another and if you think spookster "keeps on trying to pull the air down," should we then say that you're trying to push it up?
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

spookster Posted at 2018-1-29 15:06
I am happy with my pro!
If I did not have a pro and spark, the air might have hit me (best of both worlds).
But hopefully I feel confident enough to go for a phantom/inspire when I get enough flight time on my birds.

I trust that potential clients are intelligent enough to compare both and evaluate the best choice for their needs and budget. What I find quite funny is that there are plenty of Spark users and Mavic Pro users now complaining that if they had known the Air was coming, they would have ordered it instead. And should the Pro 2 be released not to far in the future (my personal and totally uninformed guess is March or April) those who have bought the previous model in the Christmas sales will be complaining too. But such is life and technology, there is always evolution
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So...

“A lot of people get so hung up on what they can't have that they don't think for a second about whether they really want it.”
2018-1-29
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I do not give much for most of the reviews that have been made so far. Only a few of these people have even paid for their drones and will be inclined to not be quite honest. The "real" and far more credible reviews will come later when all those who have ordered AND paid receive their Air and get it tested thoroughly.

To be included in this recital is "time". Time to test properly, instead of uploading a review to YouTube for as soon as possible to get more likes and more subscribers... it can not be credible and proper done IMO.
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-29 15:27
“A lot of people get so hung up on what they can't have that they don't think for a second about whether they really want it.”

That's deep.
I have to meditate on that
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-29 15:15
One point of view may be as good as another and if you think spookster "keeps on trying to pull the air down," should we then say that you're trying to push it up?

Not at all, see my response to spookster here above. When I started thinking about buying my first camera drone towards end of 2016, the Mavic Pro appeared to be the only affordable option for me (in the sense of what I would be willing to pay), but the price still frightening for something that I was not yet sure about whether it would become a real hobby for me or not. Then the Spark came out and I happily went for it because it perfectly matched with what I had been looking for at the time. And I never regretted the purchase, the opposite was the case actually. It gave me access to a new and fascinating hobby. And now I have ordered the Air because I am sure it will perfectly meet the expectations that have meanwhile evolved for me personally. Nothing more, nothing less. And I am certainly not jalous on the proud Mavic Pro owners. I could afford it if I wanted it, but I prefer the Air. Thus we all should be happy with what we have and let the others enjoy with what they are happy with, shouldn't we?
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-29 15:27
I do not give much for most of the reviews that have been made so far. Only a few of these people have even paid for their drones and will be inclined to not be quite honest. The "real" and far more credible reviews will come later when all those who have ordered AND paid receive their Air and get it tested thoroughly.

To be included in this recital is "time". Time to test properly, instead of uploading a review to YouTube for as soon as possible to get more likes and more subscribers... it can not be credible and proper done IMO.

Your right, I remember the real reviews regarding Mavic Camera and the were pretty appalling.
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So...

Well, I think that some of those points would be more like a +/- 2 which could change to bottom line for many.
And I suggest that anyone saying the Mavic Air is a Pro killer is sensationalising and can safely be ignored. While the camera offers a similar result, the craft itself is clearly intended for different aspects of the same market - portability.
I own a P4P (just sold my P4), and for me the Mavic Air is more complimentary to that than the Mavic Pro - it fills the gap for portability and flying in tight spaces when I need that. If I owned a Pro, there is No reason to consider the Air (as you said).
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules