123Next >
5862 86 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

Maybe this should have read more like, how many times have you lost signal and then lost control?  I loose signal often but I push the limits but I've never lost control.  Yes I know there are people that will say when you loose signal you loose and I don't disagree.  However my Spark has always RTH and I've gotten signal back.  This question doesn't really seem to fit for me I guess.  Just feel like it would have been more like 2 different questions or even 3.
2018-5-26
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Never lost control completely but had som signal errors for a few seconds but AC an RC linked again automatically.
Had a RTH once (during approx. 200 flights). Fly only VLOS, max 150m and on different platforms (IOS/Android) and with or without OTG cable (on both platforms).
2018-5-27
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

Never had any lost control, only lost signal once due to app crash or interference between remote control and phone.  As I always try keep in line of side and use the remote control to land it
2018-5-27
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've lost control many times.  I've also lost control of the drone, too.

My tablet freezes and I fly home by the drone sound.  Happened twice.

I lose signal all the time, it fly's home.  No big deal.  

2018-5-27
Use props
lelie21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Switzerland

3 time the same week. Was thinking the drone has something break. All on wireless connection. And miraculously DJI release the OTG that I always use since. Never test again wifi connection since. Maybe it will still happening. Very annoying! No video signal, and drone still respond on command but unstable and slowly sliding.
2018-5-27
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

My vote is almost every flight.
However,
mine is intentional to get the farther distance I need for spectacular hyperlapses.
2018-5-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

happened only once and it's because i got close to electrical wires while trying to take a picture of my son house.  It initated a RTH after 20 seconds and returned to home without an issue.  This was clearly a pilot error, which i never plan to do it again, even if it returned safely the one time.
2018-5-28
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Spark's signal in Europe is very bad
2018-5-28
Use props
HEAUXMAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811276 ft
  • >>>

I have lost control twice . First time I tried to choose 2.4 manually and channel. Inexperienced a severe video quality lost. At a distance of 100 ft. Signal was lost, it elevated to 40 m above home point and then I regained control. Second time, I didn’t calibrate compass, while in atti mode, the quad lost signal, and took a b line in a direction at 12kph till it hit a hill side and crashed. Both were my fault
2018-5-28
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost gps and compassion error video failed more or less a complete system failure, DJI replaced it under warranty my flight record and my captured video covered me. Support was great!!
2018-5-28
Use props
SparkChog
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

None yet. Always VLOS and PRAY before each flight
2018-5-28
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

So, acording to this poll, more than 60% of Spark users experienced the loss of control at least once, and almost half of the Spark users experienced it more than twice. Those are worrying numbers, in my opinion.
2018-5-28
Use props
Jovial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87677 ft
United States

Just twice the first time it just returned to home itself thankfully the second time i dont remember!
2018-5-28
Use props
Ahaigh9877
lvl.2
Flight distance : 654265 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to be losing signal far more now than in the past. It's getting to the point that I just don't want to go out flying anymore. I tried to do a sphere this morning, directly overhead at about 50m and it just kept losing signal and initiating RTH after taking a handful of pics. it's infuriating.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

i've lost signal a few times for a second or two , and thats about it really.
2018-5-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

I hear a lot of them said they disconnect the spark and the spark fly away, but for me I never lost control with my spark
2018-6-18
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

I lost it few times. Usually for short period. If longer than several seconds, Spark always initiated RTH sequence and signal was re-established after perhaps 10 seconds after it was lost.
2018-6-20
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had total loss of signal just the once, I still have no idea why, but Spark started returning to home and even when it was very close I could not regain the signal to take over flying my Spark; was very relieved when it landed safely of it's own accord just a few inches away from the RTH. To this day, I do not know why. I've occasionally lost signal, intermittently , probably a distance thing, but been able to regain the control as Spark RTH'd.
2018-6-20
Use props
maplechops
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3169 ft

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-1-30 04:48
Never lost control but lose video signal every flight, especially over 70M away!!! (I am Uk user who sadly has a Samsung S8)

I too have this and the s8!
2018-6-20
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Always when I push the Spark to Radio Failsafe while capturing hyperlapses.
2018-6-20
Use props
Chazzw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

136 Flights, 13 hours flight time, never once lost control of it or lost signal.
2018-6-21
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Too many to count with Android + RC and latest released App.

Noticed that if you start the App and the RC status LED blink from green to red and back to green you will encounter problems..
Rebooted but this keep happening too frequently. If it happens during flightit can cause fly always, unsafe conditions and AC crashes.

Lucky that I took it very easy and the VPS sensors were still in range.
I physically have to then switch  off AC at the battery while it is hovering 4ft of the ground.   No other way to get it back on mother earth otherwise.
This has happened a number of times to me.

Downgrade my App today and had no problems since.

I think DJI should seriously consider to recall the current App for Android users as it would seem that it is properly a cause for some fly away.

2018-6-22
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

maplechops Posted at 2018-6-20 11:57
I too have this and the s8!

Using OTG is helping and as i hear the new Spark update thats due out soon has finally got 'OFFICIAL OTG SUPPORT'

2018-7-11
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:00
Using OTG is helping and as i hear the new Spark update thats due out soon has finally got 'OFFICIAL OTG SUPPORT'

Where did you hear this, Wilfred? That's very good news if true.
2018-7-11
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JimFandango Posted at 2018-7-11 07:03
Where did you hear this, Wilfred? That's very good news if true.

Watch Kloo Gee @KlooGee YouTube videos (sorry couldn't figure out how to tag him in this reply) he released a short video about it after seeing the original Facebook post they put up prior to removing it as stated above. In the release notes on said deleted post they had written "Official OTG support for Spark" Our first update in many many months.... Patience is key

2018-7-11
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:13
Watch Kloo Gee @KlooGee YouTube videos (sorry couldn't figure out how to tag him in this reply) he released a short video about it after seeing the original Facebook post they put up prior to removing it as stated above. In the release notes on said deleted post they had written "Official OTG support for Spark" Our first update in many many months.... Patience is key

Aha....thanks, to you and Kloo Gee.
2018-7-11
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JimFandango Posted at 2018-7-11 08:04
Aha....thanks, to you and Kloo Gee.

I'm only the messenger Kloo is the man in the know.
Check his YouTube his videos are really good and prove helpful
2018-7-11
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft

I lost signal once about 900 feet out over the Sound in Seattle...  went into ATTI mode.  (I've gotten further distance over my urban neighborhood) Luckily I was able to turn it back towards home and when it got closer it reconnected.  I still flew the rest of the battery with no problems.
2018-7-11
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

once and it was not fun over water  you can see it here in detail      
2018-7-11
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Only ever had one disconnect between the AC and RC, but it did what it was supposed to (Return to Home) and re-established the link before it landed. No reason it happened, was in a fairly rural location, only 30-40m distance away and nothing to block the signal, so not aware of anything i could've done to prevent it/stop it happening in the future.

I've had two 'attempted' fly-aways, one being at 30m in height that i managed to wrestle to the ground, the other, about an hour after the first one about 3 miles away/different location but at just 1.2m in height in my back garden and didn't have time to stop it before it crashed into a hedge and broke a prop. This, i believe, was a problem caused by the .900 firmware and its over-sensitivity to GPS/compass problems. I've since rolled back the firmware to .701 and had no more issues.

3 problems in 111 flights.
2018-7-11
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 08:17
I'm only the messenger Kloo is the man in the know.
Check his YouTube his videos are really good and prove helpful

I trawled all his videos before I bought the Spark and I highly recommend them to everyone. They are extremely helpful and well made. And entertaining as well!
2018-7-12
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

But now I just jinxed myself, lol!
2018-7-12
Use props
SparkyMH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86129 ft
United States

Never yet.. I have been flying in open areas with no interference.
2018-8-29
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Once...........    and lost total control on RC  and was doing a live feed to facebook...   Scary, but GPS returned and managed to get Spark back...  

Video Below if you haven't seen it..
2018-8-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

already lost drone and crashed itself into a building and dropped 66 meters down , but DJI gave me a new one.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

A few times, but never again since I used 4.1.15 mod with OTG and FW .0900. (235 flights) on asus 7 inch tablet and samsung S5 ans samsung A%(2017).
Mavic pro more then 300 flights, never!.
2018-8-30
Use props
jwf007
lvl.2
United States

Lost control using the RC over some trees about 200M away from me but it came back in about 5 seconds but it scared me because I couldn't physically see it.
2018-8-30
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live in a neighborhood where trees are very abundant and tall, nearly flew too far and lost connection due to the trees, but landed back safely.
2018-10-23
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

haven't lost control yet and I have flown in the suburban neighborhood and in the country. I do use antenna range boosters. And flown the litchi app too. I guess I been lucky never a lost signal or control. I do a routine flight check before every flight. Every time.
2018-11-2
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I have yet to loose connection with my Spark.  I always use OTG.  I always wait for stable GPS signal with enough sats, and I always warm the motors.  I think doing those 3 actions help.
2018-11-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules