Crystal Sky Ultra Bright
1750 16 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Segami21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57749 ft
United States

Well I just got the Crystal sky 7.5 ultra bright. and at first I thought oh this is great. Well I hooked up to my Inspire 1 controller. I went thru all of the settings. Did the IMU calibration the compass Ext. I bring it out to fly and constantly get a message strong interference. also my inspire 1 could not hold a steady hover. it drifted several feet side to side and up and down. I also keep getting a message that the aircraft is in attitude mode. it is in P-Atti, not sure what thats about.  So to test I hooked my Ipad 4 mini back up and no more attitude message no interference message and the aircraft hovered pretty steady. can the software on the Crystal Sky cause the aircraft to fly erratically like this. I really do not want to have to return this, but this should not be happening.
input please.

Thanks

2018-1-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think this issues around interference were raised in the past, positioning of the CS UB was impacting on the antennas. I don't think there was a work around, for me I swapped over to a Titan amplified antenna  system and converted all of my controllers and this got rid of the CS interference

There is not interference when using it with the Spark or MP or MPP, as it's positioned away from the antennas by the Mavic CS mount
2018-1-29
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-29 15:47
I think this issues around interference were raised in the past, positioning of the CS UB was impacting on the antennas. I don't think there was a work around, for me I swapped over to a Titan amplified antenna  system and converted all of my controllers and this got rid of the CS interference

There is not interference when using it with the Spark or MP or MPP, as it's positioned away from the antennas by the Mavic CS mount

Hey Lannes, yes the Titan amplified orbital antenna is what I am looking at. but I currently have the setup for the command case already installed and still get the message. I will try this with my phantom 4 pro in the next few days to see how the CS handles.

Thanks
2018-1-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Segami21 Posted at 2018-1-29 16:57
Hey Lannes, yes the Titan amplified orbital antenna is what I am looking at. but I currently have the setup for the command case already installed and still get the message. I will try this with my phantom 4 pro in the next few days to see how the CS handles.

Thanks

It might be something to do with DJI Go4 version 4.1.18 as well, have you tried Litchi on the CS
2018-1-29
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-29 17:48
It might be something to do with DJI Go4 version 4.1.18 as well, have you tried Litchi on the CS

unfortunately you cannot load any third party apps on CS only DJI.
2018-1-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Segami21 Posted at 2018-1-29 19:14
unfortunately you cannot load any third party apps on CS only DJI.

Yes of course you can, DJI made it possible to side load apps via apk's that don't require licensing with the lastest firmware upgrade to the CS  e.g hover, uav forecast, drone harmony , UGCS as an example of drone specific apps that have worked.
A number of other apps installed via .apk files work normally as well including Netflix etc. but I don't keep all of the loaded as it clogs up the CS OS
A specific version of Litchi works with the partially installed google play services, some people use this instead of the problematic DJI Go 4  4.1.18 version

Here are the relevant  google play services files

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

Install files in this order, there is no need to open them

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps
  • Litchi 4.0.2 (you need to source this seperately)

From time to time you might get a error message that "google play services - have stopped working" but it doesn't have an impact, just hit ok and ignore. This is the result of the partial install

2018-1-29
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-1-29 21:18
Yes of course you can, DJI made it possible to side load apps via apk's that don't require licensing with the lastest firmware upgrade to the CS  e.g hover, uav forecast, drone harmony , UCGS as an example of drone specific apps that have worked.
A number of other apps installed via .apk files work normally as well including Netflix etc. but I don't keep all of the loaded as it clogs up the CS OS
A specific version of Litchi works with the partially installed google play services, some people use this instead of the problematic DJI Go 4  4.1.18 version

hi Iannes,
Thanks for informations!

But about UgCS it doesn t work anymore with CS... the lastest version doesn't instal.... "App not installed"
2018-1-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-30 00:11
hi Iannes,
Thanks for informations!

I just tried UgCS for DJI_v2.8.165 an earlier Nov 17 version and it loads and runs perfectly, I think the current version  of UgCS requires the latest version of the google apps store and that is why it's saying "not installed" as we don't have this on the CS

Try the earlier versions
https://apkpure.com/ugcs-for-dji ... m=details%2Fversion

2018-1-30
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-30 04:22
I just tried UgCS for DJI_v2.8.165 an earlier Nov 17 version and it loads and runs perfectly, I think the current version  of UgCS requires the latest version of the google apps store and that is why it's saying "not installed" as we don't have this on the CS

Try the earlier versions

Sorry what is UgCS
Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Segami21 Posted at 2018-1-29 16:57

Thanks

I have an original Inspire 1 and just flew three 20-minute long-distance flights this past weekend using my Crystalsky UB mounted on the original DJI controller equipped with the DJI Crystalsky mounting bracket.  The only mod to the DJI standard setup is I use a slip-on aluminum parabolic reflector (Windsurfer type) and I experienced absolutely no interference problems, no flight instability and excellent reception and live video transmission in partly rural - partly urban flight path environment.  So, it is certainly possible to get trouble-free use of Crystalsky UB and the Inspire 1 using original DJI equipment RC and antenna setup.

To be fair, it is possible that the slip-on aluminum parabolic reflector, which was positioned between the upright DJI RC antenna and the back of the Crystalsky UB, may have served as a signal interference shield (if the Crystalsky case was leaking any RF signal interference).  If so, a slip-on parabolic reflector might be a inexpensive and easy-to-install option for you to explore before investing in expensive antenna mods that require you to alter your original equipment (voiding any warranty that may still be active).

You indicate that you currently have the "setup for the command case already installed." I don't know what that means. But if you have altered your RC with an antenna mod of some type, it may be that the mod has rendered your RC more susceptible to possible low-level RF signal interference from the Crystalsky case.  Just spitballing here.  

I have a P3Pro, Inspire 1, P4 and a P4Pro, and I can achieve 3 to 4-mile maximum distance (from RC) flights with all of them using only original equipment RCs and the slip-on parabolic reflector ($30).
2018-1-30
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-1-30 07:37
I have an original Inspire 1 and just flew three 20-minute long-distance flights this past weekend using my Crystalsky UB mounted on the original DJI controller equipped with the DJI Crystalsky mounting bracket.  The only mod to the DJI standard setup is I use a slip-on aluminum parabolic reflector (Windsurfer type) and I experienced absolutely no interference problems, no flight instability and excellent reception and live video transmission in partly rural - partly urban flight path environment.  So, it is certainly possible to get trouble-free use of Crystalsky UB and the Inspire 1 using original DJI equipment RC and antenna setup.

To be fair, it is possible that the slip-on aluminum parabolic reflector, which was positioned between the upright DJI RC antenna and the back of the Crystalsky UB, may have served as a signal interference shield (if the Crystalsky case was leaking any RF signal interference).  If so, a slip-on parabolic reflector might be a inexpensive and easy-to-install option for you to explore before investing in expensive antenna mods that require you to alter your original equipment (voiding any warranty that may still be active).

Hey there, yes I had modded my controller for the inspire with the titan drones setup. the command case is a tripod mounted case with directional antennas. nice setup. up here in Connecticut there is a lot on power lines. urban area very congested. and I was losing my signal strength constantly.  So I went with this. I also noticed that when I flew my inspire for the first time with CS that it was rather erratic and not a smooth flight. I dont know if the CS could have anything to do with this . so I will have to run some more test in an open field where I cannot lose it if there is a problem.

Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Segami21 Posted at 2018-1-30 07:36
Sorry what is UgCS
Thanks

UgCS is a complete software to plan and fly drone survey missions, supporting most popular UAV platform, providing convenient tools for areal and linear surveys and enabling direct drone control.
2018-1-30
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Titan amplified orbital antenna?

I'm not finding this
2018-1-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-1-30 08:21
UgCS is a complete software to plan and fly drone survey missions, supporting most popular UAV platform, providing convenient tools for areal and linear surveys and enabling direct drone control.

thanks bro =)
2018-1-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

About interference,
Was the wifi of you CS on or off?
I think, it could be safer to turn off wifi before flying to prevent interference with RC don't you thing?
2018-1-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Pauxier Posted at 2018-1-30 10:21
Titan amplified orbital antenna?

I think the OP means the Titan Control Antenna panel which is circular polarized, but is un-amplified
I use the amplified versions which are the Control and Atlas
2018-1-30
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-30 21:02
About interference,
Was the wifi of you CS on or off?
I think, it could be safer to turn off wifi before flying to prevent interference with RC don't you thing?

I dont recall, however I just went thru the DJIGO app very closely last night so I will look to fly in the next day or 2. one thing that kept coming up on the go app for my Inspire one was a warning that said ( the aircraft is in attitude mode and will not hover. fly with caution) this is with the CS hooked up. With the Ipad there was no message. and this message did not show up on the GO4 app for my Phantom 4 pro. Now the controller on my Inspire is set to P-Atti. and when I flew the craft it defiantly did not hover it was all over the place. Is there a setting that I am missing or is there a GPS issue with CS.

Thanks
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules