Flame Red Mavic Air buyers - A much needed Support Group
1598 10 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

If you're reading this and have purchased the Flame Red Mavic Air like me, you're likely a little bit saddened about the shipping delays with your Mavic Air. I want you to know that you need not go through this dark time alone. I feel your pain when you browse through the forum, reading post after post of those blasted lucky people who OBVIOUSLY must have some psychic ability and knew to pick one of the other colors. I mean, seriously, who picks matte white over the AWESOME glossy Flame Red? It's like flying a Ferrari! Who doesn't want to fly a Ferrari?

Unfortanately, things are only going to get worse for us. We already have to read post after post of people reporting their INFERIOR colored Mavic Airs are already being shipped. Soon we will be subjected to their first flight videos, forced to watch them enjoy their new drone while we are left to wallow in self pity and jealousy. Dark times my friends, dark times indeed.

Reports from conversations that I and others have had with DJI support indicate shipping may not happen until the 2nd week of February, otherwise known as an eternity. While this time will no doubt be tough, it's important to remember it is not your fault. There was no indication that the RED had a longer shipping date on launch day, there was simply no way for us to know.... If you were like me, you were excited WEEKS before launch day and you made sure you were there to watch the release video streaming live. You wasted no time and you ordered your drone before Michael Perry finished saying "Glossy like a sports car." You probably thought you were ahead of the game, ordering early so it only makes sense you would be one of the first to get their drone.... but life is cruel. Oh so very cruel.....

This thread's purpose is to serve as a support group to those who ordered the SUPERIOR colored Mavic Air. Feel free to vent your frustrations, provide hope for others, and most of all tell us what you are doing to keep your sanity while you wait for your drone. All our welcomed here, even those ugly colored drone owners. Sell outs!

2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lol, mine’s an Alfa not a Ferrari.  Also, if the drone sucks we still have the opportunity to cancel the order.  Win.  I got other stuff to fly while I wait and await unbiased reviews.  
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Haha. Just what's needed - so much agro over this. And the RED buyers know that we'll get ours once DJI have sorted out all of the production line issues while building the white and blacks...

But I'd like to think of mine as a Nissan Skyline, rather than a Ferrari or an Alfa. I associate italian cars with breaking down (especially Alfas), and I'd rather go for japanese (or in this case, Chinese) build quality.

And I'm reminded of the Bruce Willis movie, RED ("Retired and Extremely Dangerous"). They were all professional assassins, so this is a select group of buyers who DJI don't want to mess with.
2018-1-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I already have a Japanese sports car, so I went with a sexy Italian who should always be red.  Also, you ever seen a Chinese car?  Glad they’re good at drones.
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-29 17:39
Well I already have a Japanese sports car, so I went with a sexy Italian who should always be red.  Also, you ever seen a Chinese car?  Glad they’re good at drones.

[Shhh - yes, I've seen a chinese car and I know. But I didn't want to p~ss DJI off. I want to get my Air sometime soon...]

And I was thinking of the GTR, but my Skyline Cross-over (your Infiniti EX37) is still a sexy car - even if my daughter describes it as a "Soccer Mum's car". Sigh - kids! But know we're off topic. hehe
2018-1-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Post!  Made me laugh and in this sad time of Mavic Air White and Mavic Air Onyx Black being shipped we 'Flame Red' buyers need our own support group.  Its nice to see the men here (sorry, but give a holler out if there are any women fliers on here, not to insult anyone).  So, here I sit on Monday evening patiently waiting and hoping my flame red Mavic Air is not delayed any further than I already believe it to be.  We're so saddened by the lack of empathy we get from the non-flame red owners.   That being said, I have no doubt those White and Black Air owners will regret not waiting patiently for the flame red.  When those pesky hawks, seagulls, pigeons,   and other feathery flyers are taking down the white and black Mavic Airs...our Flame Reds will avoid the wrath of the these pesky creatures.

Hang in there guys....the Flame Red Mavic Air will get here soon enough.  Those who didn't get one will be so jealous.  
2018-1-29
Use props
Kevin79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

Glad I could inspire some smiles and laughs in these bleak and desperate times. Stay Strong!
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-1-29 18:24
Glad I could inspire some smiles and laughs in these bleak and desperate times. Stay Strong!

Definitely.
And it occurs to me that my ordered Amazon Echo will arrive before the end of this week. I imagine if I asked Alexa where my red Mavic Air is, she'd probably just say "How would I know! Get a Homepod and ask Siri!!"
[Tech geek joke]
2018-1-29
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Was going to join this support group, but now no need. Flame red on its way. I know your hurt but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And no, it’s probably not some guy from DJI with a torch bringing notification of further delays
2018-1-30
Use props
drlbradley.mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203432 ft
United Kingdom

Online support agent told me yesterday that my Flame Red Fly More would ship on the 5th Feb. Today I woke to an SMS from DHL stating they had picked up my order from DJI , and the order status has changed to "shipped"
2018-1-30
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

I wanted to buy it but I prefer to wait.
I do not want to be frustrated with spending money on a few things that I will not have for more than a month.

2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules