3319 14 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219003 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Typically speaking, how long after the Android app is updated does it take to get the CrystalSky version of DJI Go 4 app updated?

I just bought a mavic air and keen to try it out with the CrystalSky.  I also get frequent CS crashes with the current firmware so hoping that is improved as well.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I will forward this request to our engineers for the update of the Crystalsky. And for the app crashes, could you please kindly provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info and the crash log?
You can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here. I would like to have our engineers to check.
Crash logs are exporting by the method below:
Connect the CS to the PC via a USB cable, the driver will be installed automatically;
When the driver installing finished, press "Setting Button" on the left side;
Click "USB connected" on the left page of the menu, "TURN ON USB STORAGE".
Then find the files on this route: DJI:\DJI\dji.go.v4\CRASH
Appreciate your help.
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

I did a factory reset to the device after the crashes at the weekend.  I will do some flying this current weekend and i will post the crash logs if there are future crashes.

Is there any ETA on the CS firmware update to support the mavic air?  I got it delivered yesterday and keen to try it out with the CS.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg Posted at 2018-1-29 20:13
I did a factory reset to the device after the crashes at the weekend.  I will do some flying this current weekend and i will post the crash logs if there are future crashes.

Is there any ETA on the CS firmware update to support the mavic air?  I got it delivered yesterday and keen to try it out with the CS.

Thank you for testing and looking forward to your feedback. I am sorry to tell that I haven't got the relative ETA of the update, but I had forwarded the requirement to our engineers, hopefully, it will be available soon.
2018-1-29
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cannot use my MAVIC AIR on my CC....

This is insane !!  Do DJI actually knows we spend dollars on this CC ?  Do you have any firm schedule on the update ?  OR AT LEAST A WORKAROUND ASIDE FROM US BUYING A THIRD PARTY PHONE ?
2018-1-30
Use props
ar38070
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8930 ft
Taiwan

I would also like to voice my complaint about the slow updates for the crystalsky.

The last update was in November 2017 for  v4.1.18.  Since then there have been at least two updates for the IOS and Android app.  In December there was v4.1.22 and just recently v4.2.4 this last weekend.  Why should we be spending $$$ for a DJI product that is always playing catch up for updates?
2018-1-30
Use props
Big Alas
lvl.1
Cyprus

Dear DJI Thor, please can you tell me if the Crystal Sky is equipped with a microphone to record commentary please like I used to be able to do with my android phone ?

Thanks

Alan
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Big Alas Posted at 2018-2-1 02:44
Dear DJI Thor, please can you tell me if the Crystal Sky is equipped with a microphone to record commentary please like I used to be able to do with my android phone ?

Thanks

Yes the crystalsky has a microphone, you need to turn it on in the DJI Go 4 app, under general settings, "record audio with video cache"
2018-2-1
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Still no update nor schedule...  DJI is killing the CS...
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 20:29
Thank you for testing and looking forward to your feedback. I am sorry to tell that I haven't got the relative ETA of the update, but I had forwarded the requirement to our engineers, hopefully, it will be available soon.

I did a lot of flying at the weekend and below are the results.  It is clear to me that the USB C connector on the bottom of the crystalsky is the issue.

1. Crystalsky connected to the controller via the official DJI mounting bracket.  Various crashes:
- Within a few minutes of starting the screen will go dark and will not start again until the device has the battery taken out and restarted
- Within a few minutes the screen freezes with what was on the screen displaying permanently.  The device needs to be disconnected from the mount, have the power supply pulled out and the power button held for 10 seconds before it will power off.

2. Crystalsky connected to the controller via a USB C cable.  Various crashes:
- Within a few minutes of starting the screen will go dark and will not start again until the device has the battery taken out and restarted
- Within a few minutes the screen freezes with what was on the screen displaying permanently.  The device needs to be disconnected from the mount, have the power supply pulled out and the power button held for 10 seconds before it will power off.

3. CrystalSky connected via a micro-USB cable.  No crashes.

I cannot provide tombstones.zip because the device hard crashes and needs to be rebooted to power it on.
2018-2-4
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg Posted at 2018-2-4 17:40
I did a lot of flying at the weekend and below are the results.  It is clear to me that the USB C connector on the bottom of the crystalsky is the issue.

1. Crystalsky connected to the controller via the official DJI mounting bracket.  Various crashes:

Does it work with your MAVIC AIR ?
2018-2-7
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-2-7 06:48
Does it work with your MAVIC AIR ?

As long as your CS is v02.04.06.00 (GO 4 - 4.1.18) no way.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Birdy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Keule Posted at 2018-2-7 07:09
As long as your CS is v02.04.06.00 (GO 4 - 4.1.18) no way.

No this was testing with the Mavic Pro.  Need to use a phone to fly the mavic air.
2018-2-7
Use props
haslewc

United Kingdom

Come On DJI update Crystalsky 5.5 to WAYPOINTS as the unit cost a lot to purchase
2019-2-1
Use props
haslewc

United Kingdom

Come on DJI Update Crystalsky 5.5 DJI GO4 to WAYPOINTS as this unit cost a lot
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules