[GERMANY] New BMVI Regulation: Label Instructions(UPDATED)
19919 32 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1.png mavic 2.jpg
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png

13.png
14.png
15.png

(EN)Label Position Guide.pdf (6.44 MB, Down times: 89)
2018-1-30
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Thanks for the update, now hopefully my air get's shipped soon (I'm not able to download the pdf?)
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Dear Grace, thank you very much for this. A very smart placement suggested for the Mavic Air for meeting the legal requirement and almost invisible. But in addition I shall put stickers on the outside of the batteries with my contact details to make sure people can contact me in case it got lost.
2018-2-3
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 04:23
Dear Grace, thank you very much for this. A very smart placement suggested for the Mavic Air for meeting the legal requirement and almost invisible. But in addition I shall put stickers on the outside of the batteries with my contact details to make sure people can contact me in case it got lost.

Great info.  I plan on being in Dresden in the fall.  I'll be sure to meet the standards
2018-2-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-2-3
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

anywhere people are ordering the metal plates from?
2018-2-4
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Very good, DJI!

Btw, I'm using these http://www.ebay.de/itm/Adressgra ... 49BiUMN4ZFYPUmGzbsQ
2018-2-13
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-3 06:43
Great info.  I plan on being in Dresden in the fall.  I'll be sure to meet the standards

Good luck flying there

Dresden is my hometown and its virtually impossible to fly in the inner city^^ Especially with the airport in the northern part of the city :/
2018-2-13
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Great info.  I plan on being in Dresden in the fall.  I'll be sure to meet the standards

With the curtecy of Airmap (https://app.airmap.io/geo?51.094751,13.738478,10.196913z):

2018-2-13
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11896 ft
Germany

AIister Posted at 2018-2-4 02:58

I got this one for the Air:
https://shop.drohnen.de/dji-mavic-air-drohnen-plakette-kennzeichen-28/

Ordered before I found out, that I got this from my Club for less money.
If you come to Germany, you need a "liability insurance". I don't know if it work, but the DMFV is offering a 3 month test membership for free including the needed liability insurance.
2018-2-13
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-13 04:27
With the curtecy of Airmap (https://app.airmap.io/geo?51.094751,13.738478,10.196913z):

[view_image]

Wow...thanks!
2018-2-13
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

It's probably a NFZ. Flying above households is not permitted either (unless you have permission from each and every neighbour)

www.dfs.de has an app to check the forbidden areas (which are unfortunately many...)

Mind that it's mandatory to have liability insurance to cover for any possible damages from your drone.
2018-2-13
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

CuaC Posted at 2018-2-13 06:00
It's probably a NFZ. Flying above households is not permitted either (unless you have permission from each and every neighbour)

www.dfs.de has an app to check the forbidden areas (which are unfortunately many...)

I personally prefer the maps by Airmap over those of the DFS since they are more userfriendly.
2018-2-13
Use props
GermanPilot
New

Germany

If you are interested in the German "Drohnen Plakette" then please read this post:

https://translate.google.com/tra ... ketten%2F&sandbox=1

Original Site (in german): https://versichertedrohne.de/blog/drohnen-plaketten/

Translation:

Annoying, but mandatory - badges for drones

The first month with the new drone regulation is already over and yet there are still many questions here and there. A major issue is the labelling requirement and thus the question of how best to label my drone with all the necessary information.

All drones need a UAV license plate already from 250 grams take-off weight. It makes absolutely no difference whether the copter is used commercially or only privately, there is no exception for the use on model airfields. The marking must be durable and fireproof

The law stipulates how such a drones sticker must be designed. A simple sticker is definitely not enough. The label must not only be permanently attached to the copter, but must also have fireproof properties. Plaques made of plastics are thus sometimes ruled out. Aluminium drone stickers are ideal. Since plastic badges or stickers do not meet legal requirements, they must be metal badges. These are definitely fireproof.

Metals, however, can considerably disturb the sensitive electronics of a quadrocopter, such as the DJI Phantom, and the weight of the badge itself should not be underestimated. Therefore, aluminium drone stickers are perfectly suited. Aluminium is not only extremely light and yet fireproof, it also does not interfere with the sensitive electronics of the copter. It is also crucial, however, that the marking on the sticker itself is fireproof. Therefore, the sticker should be engraved with the necessary information. Even after a battery fire, at which extreme temperatures are reached, it can be guaranteed that the marking is still decipherable.

What information must the sticker actually contain?

Now the sticker should be large enough to contain all the information required by the drone regulation. In addition to the full name of the owner, the address must also appear on the drones badge. It can also be useful to have the telephone or mobile number engraved into the aluminium. This makes it easier and quicker to reach the owner if the expensive quadrocopter should ever fall out of the sky.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
GermanPilot
2018-5-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is good to know for when mandatory drone registration hits the UK in Nov '19.
2018-9-26
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-27
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

And where to put it on Spark? It's also heavier than 250g.
2018-9-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-28
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-30 04:39
This regulatory requirement cracks me up.  Some dilbert decided fireproof labels are required...because we all know how often these things catch fire & burn.

SMH...

Yes indeed, that bureaucrat was probably inspired by plane crashes and had no clue how drones work...
2018-9-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

This regulatory requirement cracks me up.  Some dilbert decided fireproof labels are required...because we all know how often these things catch fire & burn.

SMH...

Same Dilberts are ones that think Terrorists and ____holes will bother with required Labels, let alone Labels with real information.  

2018-9-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-10-2
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Its simple just remove the label when you plan to crash your drone with a fireball.   Stupid law, next they will require fireproof drones.
2018-10-3
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-13 06:29
I personally prefer the maps by Airmap over those of the DFS since they are more userfriendly.

Airmap is great but more for the US than Germany.
I used it for quite a while until I found that the following one is WAY better and accurate.
I guess because the company is Germany based and dives deep into our regulations:
https://map2fly.flynex.de/
2018-10-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

It doesn't need to be metal, there are fireproof tapes, I think it's somewhere mentioned above.
If you go by the law word by word - yes - it should be visible outside.

I have both on my P4P and the M2P the stickers inside the battery compartment.
I've got controlled once while being with the P4P and the cops were satisfied with the sticker placed there.

Usually cops have very basic knowledge if at all.
It happened to me once that I had to read to them the regulations (which I always have on me)
They called their station and after 15 minutes wait they were satisfied.
The station manager asked two things according to them:
Is the drone labeled? Does he have insurance?

2018-10-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

SMH...

It's always like that in Germany.
Take regulations from all over the world and multiply those by two - than you know what we have to deal with ;-)

2018-10-5
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

https://shop.drohnen.de/
I've got mine from here.
2018-10-8
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Eric13 Posted at 2018-10-5 13:04
It's always like that in Germany.
Take regulations from all over the world and multiply those by two - than you know what we have to deal with ;-)

This is a little bit off-topic now but....

The label stuff is nonsense indeed. I had a worried resident of a remote house in the woods walking up to me and told me that I broke the law by flying over his property and I must have violated the VLOS rule and also the max distance and height. He explained he would call the police on the spot and I told him he should do so and waited because I knew nothing would happen. The officer on the phone (they didn't even bother to send out a patrol...) searched a minute or two for the proper documents where the rules are written down and then told us that they won't do anything about it but if I had taken any recordings of his property, I have to delete them. There was indeed a slice of footage where you could see the roof and so I deleted this particular video and moved along. I flew well over 100m AGL over this spot ...

The officer also told us that this would be considered a petty offence and if they would catch me on the spot I would receive a warning or a charge about 25€... but they don't care about it anyway [yes indeed these were exactly the words by the officer]
So yeah...I'm no a$$hole and I always try to not offend people with my drone but in case I do so, unknowingly of course, it would cost me 25€. Yikes!

Simple put: The regulations in Germany can be interpreted as "don't disturb anyone and you'll be absolutely fine"
2018-10-8
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

there is no pdf to download ...
2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_jSNZ9Cl16cy9
New

Germany

Tealk Posted at 10-31 21:37
there is no pdf to download ...

I see, and what are the regulations for the procedure for applying the labels?

Greets to the forum.
2018-11-24
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hopefully by the time this gets to the UK (November 2019)  they will decide all we need to do is make sure the registration number (like any other aircraft registration number) is clearly written on the Drone.  Ti does not need name, address,phone etc just the Registration number that the relevant authorities can get your contact details from
2018-11-27
Use props
Sky Cam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10201549 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

https://shop.drohnen.de/       is the best .  but only for Germany Regulation.   
2019-4-12
Use props
tsandor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748888 ft
Hungary

And where put it on Mavic Air2? Thanks!
2020-8-14
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft