DJI Finally Speaks
2321 17 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

After many weeks/months of not hearing from DJI they have actually made an announcement regarding the Inspire 1. No they are not dropping it, in fact they are going to actually deliver what they promised.

Read on: http://link.dji.com/u/gm.php?UID ... 36680_188599_334597

2015-4-27
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

They have marketing down pat. Have to give them credit for that. And kudos also given to bringing us new features and products.

Just wish they would move more resources over to service.
2015-4-27
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

Wow live streaming! Seems like a good way to get your self in trouble with the CAA, FAA or any other AA in real time
2015-4-27
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

I can imagine how nervous I'll be when those Ground Station capabilities come out!
2015-4-27
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

The email I got from DJI this morning read:

In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1.

It should have read  In the next few months, three main features announced with the Inspire 1 will be coming to the Phantom 3.
Just my 2 cents.

Come on Guys  ( DJI )
2015-4-27
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-28 00:43

In the next few months, three main features announced  ...

Yea, we spend $3,000+ and all the sudden we are "Oh So lucky to get all of these features that are coming to the P3"
2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-28 00:43

In the next few months, three main features announced  ...

I agree.  That would have been the more appropriate statement.
2015-4-27
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is all just so frustrating. We are made to feel like the red headed step child. We are now getting hand me downs. Can you imagine companies like Lexus, Apple, Nikon, and the like doing this to their customers? This is not really rocket science DJI, we are some of your top paying customers and are taking a gamble on a first gen product. Not a good first impression at all. Makes me wonder who the heck is at the helm of DJI.

Week 5 and I am just today getting an invoice for repairs. Quite unacceptable. Truly a love/hate relationship.  I am not holding my breath for these changes. I have seen bills pass in congress faster.
2015-4-27
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

Three months to get the "new" features.

Twelve more months to get the bugs out.
2015-4-28
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For a revolutionary aircraft announced for the very first time at the end of 2014, I think DJI did a pretty good job, and there are a lot of happy Inspire 1 pilots out there, enjoying their birds in this very moment, I am for sure one of them.
This last official statement from DJI is nothing else than good news, a solid promise from  the company that will deliver in the next couple of months features requested by the pilots community.
Things are getting better, in my opinion, from one firmware to another, and I would recommend to take this annoucement as a confirmation that DJI is trying to improve their game.
That being said, a little bit of optimism for the future of Inspire is completely justified, and I am looking forward to enjoy the new possibilities of this amazing aerial platform.
What I am trying to say is that in every industry is always place for improvement and what matters the most is to see that there are efforts made in that direction.
Since the release of Inspire, in the last couple months I think it was obvious that DJI made a lot of efforts to make our experience, as Inspire pilots, safer and more enjoyable.
Things like new quick release props, the updated DJI Pilot app, new firmware versions ( already the third or fourth version so far) all of this gives me confidence, as a customer, that somewhere in DJI Labs people are working to make things better.
Just my two cents opinion, for those interested.
2015-4-28
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

To be honest I'm not interested in Live streaming or video editing on the go. I cant see the use for a 100 way points either other than YouTube bragging. I would be more interested in whats being currently offered by other manufactures.

Dynamic Position Hold
Even while the drone is on “Position Hold”, the pilot still has the control to move it to another position. This allows for instance to fly on a straight line even with wind. This is a very helpful feature for shooting tracking video shots.

Automatic Panoramas
Just by activating a switch on the radio-control, the drone can automatically take the pictures for a panorama. The aircraft will rotate and tilt the camera in order to create a set of overlapped images that will be then processed together to form the panorama.
Inverted Panorama
With a Circle-of-Interest-Function (COI), it is possible to surround an object and automatically point the camera to the center (towards this object). This is perfect for video, documentation and 3D-imaging.
Point of Interest (POI) 3DWaypoints
For ground-based imaging operations, focused for instance on buildings or other structures, you can program 3D waypoints around a particular point of interest and the drone will automatically turn towards the POI (point of interest) during its flight between the waypoints. Each waypoint contains a position and a height (3 dimensional positioning).

Flexible auto-trigger
A camera can be triggered by waypoints, time-controlled or manually through a switch on your radio-control. Taking for instance a picture every 15 meters, no matter the speed, is something easy to achieve. This makes large-scale mapping operations very easy. This feature can be combined with waypoint flights. During such a flight over a specified place and just by using a few waypoints, it is possible to take pictures with a sufficient overlapping to cover the whole area. This reduces the number of waypoints that are necessary for such a navigation. By setting up only 16 waypoints for instance, we can achieve the same work that could require hundreds of waypoints on other systems.

Etc etc

2015-4-28
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Monkeyking Posted at 2015-4-27 22:31
Wow live streaming! Seems like a good way to get your self in trouble with the CAA, FAA or any other ...

So hows live streaming going to work? 3G/4G cellular and or Wifi?  As there's plenty of that in the places we fly
2015-4-28
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Great post, Rockeyes

Livestreaming? Editing? Total crazy and usable for what???

Automatic panorama or 360 panorama, POI orbital fly, dolly moving form A to B position, nd4, 8, 16 filter for camera, optional better camera and gimbal,,,..    that are great option.
2015-4-28
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FlyRi Posted at 2015-4-29 04:13
Great post, Rockeyes

Livestreaming? Editing? Total crazy and usable for what???

Oh well we can only hope that they are only there to wet our appetite. The true and useful tools  as mentioned will be the real deal.
2015-4-28
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-29 15:59
Oh well we can only hope that they are only there to wet our appetite. The true and useful tools   ...

I agree, I can't see much use for live streaming unless you are a journo. I would expect the POI to be included with the ground station update, as this was originally advertised.

Waypoints does take away the overhead of flying when filming with one controller. There is significant value in that. In theory you could achieve the POI using waypoints.
2015-4-29
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

mani Posted at 2015-4-28 22:02
"Since the release of Inspire, in the last couple months I think it was obvious that DJI made a lot of efforts to make our experience, as Inspire pilots, safer and more enjoyable.
Things like new quick release props, the updated DJI Pilot app, new firmware versions ( already the third or fourth version so far) all of this gives me confidence, as a customer, that somewhere in DJI Labs people are working to make things better."

Instead you could have just as easily said "Since the release of Inspire, in the last couple months I think it was obvious that DJI made a lot of efforts to minimize warranty repairs, minimize the potential for lawsuits, reduce their exposure to warranty of merchantability claims and mitigate against claims of negligence. For example things like..."
2015-4-29
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

In the next few months, three main features announced with the iMac will be coming to the MacPro... DJI do you spot the problem?
2015-4-29
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules