Mavic Air and Waypoints?
27096 58 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Well I think it will be possible with third-party-apps, as the sdk is showing its possible even with the Spark: https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/
MISSIONS

Pre-defined missions: Waypoint, HotPoint, FollowMe

2018-2-15
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

JimS99 Posted at 2018-2-1 07:16
just an update regarding waypoints. I received this email from dji developer support saying waypoints will be supported in SDK in the future so apps like Litchi should work, but no word on when.

Gin (DJI)

As I understand it, the use of waypoints with the Litchi app involves two key parts for drones like the P4:

1.        Ability to load the waypoints into the drone for automatic flying
2.        Ability for the app to make further adjustments like speed or camera changes during flight

Item 1 allows the drone to fly automatically out side the range of the RC signal and return automatically.  Item 2 allows more control of the flight during the mission, but does require it to be within RC range.   When those changes occur, they are driven in real time by the Litchi app communicating with the drone via the RC signal.

If waypoints are not natively supported by the Mavic Air, then option 1 will never truly be available.  The SDK would allow Litchi to build an app that supports 2, but RC signal would be a factor.
2018-2-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please DJI, we need waypoints and dynamic homepoint on Mavic Air.
2018-2-15
Use props
JimS99
lvl.2

United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-15 06:57
Please DJI, we need waypoints and dynamic homepoint on Mavic Air.

Mavic dev team updated me with an expected timeframe for waypoint support in the SDK -- one more month.  
Once that is online, we can expect apps like Litchi to quickly support waypoints on the Air.
2018-2-19
Use props
MakoShark2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194150 ft
Portugal

Thanks. Waiting for this feature.

Keep us posted.
2018-2-27
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

fans0581316e Posted at 2018-2-8 13:49
I have good news! Waypoint mode will be added to the Mavic Air by DJi in a future update. See image with the email exchange that I had with DJI support.

[view_image]

Any news on this?
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_KysyGx49t4X0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255860 ft
France

Without waypoints i want my money back. Why DJI removed this on the specs ???
2018-3-2
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-2-1 06:55
Whats is the difference from POI than flying mannualy in ActiveTrack tracking a subject?

In my Spark I use to have smooth circles around a subject using ActiveTrack

POI sets a fixed point on a non  moving subject, so it's not trying to visually track something. If you had a subject that for some reason wasn't allowing you to select in ActiveTrack, this would be another solution. I am thinking this would be a better option for fixed subjects where the circle distance is great enough that ActiveTrack is not as reliable.

ActiveTrack though has the advantage of being able to circle a moving target smoothly.
2018-3-3
Use props
photogaff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274472 ft
Ireland

This is quite frustrating - I certainly would have made good use of waypoints on the Mavic Air. Please..... add it!
2018-3-6
Use props
fansd26b9eea
lvl.2
Germany

what is SDK? I don`t know.
2018-3-9
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

fansd26b9eea Posted at 2018-3-9 07:23
what is SDK? I don`t know.

Software Development Kit....the necessary tools in order to interface with the hardware (drone) when you design your application that enables control of the drone
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-2-8 15:07
Hopefully they do the same for course lock....

You don’t need course lock, just use tapfly in free mode almost the same.
2018-3-9
Use props
TheDenimac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468028 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, total newbie here. Just considering my first drone and the Mavic Air looks perfect for me with the exception that it does not support waypoints. As a videographer, this feature would be very useful for my needs, and so I contacted DJI to find out if it would be made available.

I first contacted DJI SUPPORT. They could not help and had no idea about if, or when, waypoints would be made available. So I next contacted THE DJI DEVELOPMENT TEAM. They seemed most surprised that waypoints were not supported - their reply was "Where did you get the information that it doesn't have waypoint missions like the Mavic Pro.  We would support this feature for the Mavic Air".

So I asked if waypoints would be made available throught the DJI GO4 app, or if it would be included in the next SDK update. Their reply "What We could answer you is that for the current stage, Mavic Air would be supported by the mobile SDK when our mobile SDK 4.5 is released. We couldn't give you any answer on the DJI GO 4 for supporting the features on the Mavic Air". They gave no indication of when the SDK will be released. So It looks like waypoints are not going to be supported in the near future.

As an alternative, I contacted Autel about the Evo. The Evo does support waypoints, but the release date for the drone is very vague. All they will say is "it is coming very soon". Guess I will have to wait a little longer before deciding which drone to buy. By then the Mavic Pro II will probably be out, although I suspect that will be too expensive.
2018-3-20
Use props
Curly
New

Israel

I purchased a MA and figured waypoints would be included. During the set up process I noticed in the mode selection waypoints was an option. Then went back to this menu and it had vanished.
2018-5-30
Use props
Atlanta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335679 ft
Belgium

You can find the sdk in github for mavic air.
2018-7-23
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Just get the Litchi app and chill dude.
2018-7-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Even if the MA gets waypoints in DJI Go, they will make you manually fly the mission first and then add them while you're flying. If you want to plan missions at home first, you need Litchi.
2018-7-24
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
Italy

you can also use Mavic FVP app for waypoint mission with the MA

2018-9-18
Use props
djiuser_ev8ABPqAzjQv
New

United States

Yes.... It can do way points with lichi, pix3d, and some other third party mission planning software. You can even tell it at which angles you want to point the camera at various parts of the mission.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules