Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Separate Mavic Air Forum
3306 35 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please get the Mavic Air it's Own Forum!!!

2018-1-30
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I agree. There is no connection between Mavic Pro / Platinum / Alpine and Mavic Air ..... Only the name '' Mavic ''
2018-1-30
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just select Mavic Air from the first page of the forum under Mavic, it's up to forum users to post it the correct category to minimize traffic.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we will eventually see this, there are many common issues which can combine all Mavics like general photos/videos Camera , we see these are already combined on phantom and a combined approach to common faults can be a big advantage , but I think we will see some columns dedicated to MavAir.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

I agree that the Air should its own forum since in DJI GO, it's separated from the Mavic
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jackie, if you only need to info about the Mavic Air's, you can select the relative topic, them other topics will not show on the web. Thank you. air.png
2018-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-30 08:52
Just select Mavic Air from the first page of the forum under Mavic, it's up to forum users to post it the correct category to minimize traffic.

I think that is the solution indeed.
2018-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 01:03
Jackie, if you only need to info about the Mavic Air's, you can select the relative topic, them other topics will not show on the web. Thank you.[view_image]

Thanks for you tip!
2018-1-31
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

Jackie, if you only need to info about the Mavic Air's, you can select the relative topic, them other topics will not show on the web. Thank you.[view_image]

That would only be a good general solution if all treads on the Air would be categorized under that topic, but in reality that is not what is going to happen.
Just to repeat myself from another thread:
In my opinion it does not really help that much to add a "mavic Air" category to the "Topics", since it depends on how posters assign "topic". And many of the other "topics" available will apply to both the Pro and the Air. For example, under "Hardware Support" and also "Accessories" you will end up with threads about both the Pro and the Air. And these types of hardware-related threads are the ones where it would be most beneficial to separate the two types, since they have no physical similaritites at all (except for using the same camera).
2018-1-31
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Bump this thread - yet another few minutes wasted as I read Mavic Air stuff not applicable to my Mavic Pro.
2018-3-21
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What I need is a way to only show stuff about Mavic Pro - I'm fed up with posts that don't indicate they are Mavic Air until you have read 90% of the way through them - total waste of my time.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-21 02:30
What I need is a way to only show stuff about Mavic Pro - I'm fed up with posts that don't indicate they are Mavic Air until you have read 90% of the way through them - total waste of my time.

I suppose same can be said of Mavic Pro , it’s a Mavic forum, maybe just change a few headings and members can sort from there.
2018-3-21
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 02:37
I suppose same can be said of Mavic Pro , it’s a Mavic forum, maybe just change a few headings and members can sort from there.

No I don't agree - Mavic Air users can focus on Mavic Air by the filter at the top of the page (assuming of course that Mavic Air folk apply that topic when posting) - no such filter exists  for Mavic Pro.   What was a exclusively Pro forum has been usurped by Mavic Air noobs.  Over in phantom forum for example they have separate topics for P4 (two topics) P3 (three topics) and P2.  Why cant we have the same here?  The features and hardware of the Air are sufficiently different from the Pro to warrant separate topics for Pro and Air.
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I'm surprised that after so many remarks there still isn't an Mavic Pro filter. It would however not help against reaching older Mavic Pro topics. It would be even better if they would also include a toggle so you can choose to exclude instead of include certain categories. That would be the easiest way to filter out certain craft type topics.

2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-21 08:53
No I don't agree - Mavic Air users can focus on Mavic Air by the filter at the top of the page (assuming of course that Mavic Air folk apply that topic when posting) - no such filter exists  for Mavic Pro.   What was a exclusively Pro forum has been usurped by Mavic Air noobs.  Over in phantom forum for example they have separate topics for P4 (two topics) P3 (three topics) and P2.  Why cant we have the same here?  The features and hardware of the Air are sufficiently different from the Pro to warrant separate topics for Pro and Air.

I agree that they should have a column for Mavic Pro, this was never an exclusive forum for Mavic Pro it was as it has always said “Mavic”, and if you were here in the beginning you would know that it first started out on the phantom 4 forum.
I agree that they should set up similar to phantom forum which works very well, but if you have been around long enough you will know that these things always take to much time to implement but get done in the end.
Mavic Air users are just as entitled to use “Mavic” forum as any other Mavic users.
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 09:27
I agree that they should have a column for Mavic Pro, this was never an exclusive forum for Mavic Pro it was as it has always said “Mavic”, and if you were here in the beginning you would know that it first started out on the phantom 4 forum.
I agree that they should set up similar to phantom forum which works very well, but if you have been around long enough you will know that these things always take to much time to implement but get done in the end.
Mavic Air users are just as entitled to use “Mavic” forum as any other Mavic users.

I fully agree with everything. Actually I had proposed that quite a while ago already and got positive feedback from DJI Thor: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132455-1-1.html
But apparently the follow up is lagging a bit by those who deal with the forum software.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-21 09:38
I fully agree with everything. Actually I had proposed that quite a while ago already and got positive feedback from DJI Thor: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132455-1-1.html
But apparently the follow up is lagging a bit by those who deal with the forum software.

It used to be dji joe who organized this sort of thing, I haven’t heard from him in a long time, maybe he has left the forum or is busy at something else, but he was the go to person who arranged for changes to the forum.

Is dji joe out there anywhere????
2018-3-21
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-21 02:30
What I need is a way to only show stuff about Mavic Pro - I'm fed up with posts that don't indicate they are Mavic Air until you have read 90% of the way through them - total waste of my time.

After many threads about the subject and great deal of time gone, I can only think that DJI staff has closed their eyes and ears for what forum users think about it.

Personally, I've been so fed up with all the Air activity that I have cut a lot of my own activity. It has become too difficult to distinguish one from another when filtering works only one way - in Air's favor.

I have nothing negative to put on the Air model, and I would like to have one. It just does not belong in my Mavic Pro forum.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-21 11:05
After many threads about the subject and great deal of time gone, I can only think that DJI staff has closed their eyes and ears for what forum users think about it.

Personally, I've been so fed up with all the Air activity that I have cut a lot of my own activity. It has become too difficult to distinguish one from another when filtering works only one way - in Air's favor.

This was never the Mavic Pro forum. Just the Mavic Forum.
2018-3-21
Use props
Yordan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 903783 ft
Bulgaria

this is enough for mavic air
2018-3-21
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do I see just Mavic Pro posts?!?!?!
2018-3-21
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 11:17
This was never the Mavic Pro forum. Just the Mavic Forum.

I know that, but the Pro was the first and only Mavic until the Platinum - which I also consider a Mavic, unlike the Air. What will be next ... an "Ultimate" or a "Basic" - again with a different look ..? Air and any future models steal the image, confuse and create disorder.
2018-3-21
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-3-21 12:13
How do I see just Mavic Pro posts?!?!?!

You don't... that's the problem in a nutshell.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-21 13:03
I know that, but the Pro was the first and only Mavic until the Platinum - which I also consider a Mavic, unlike the Air. What will be next ... an "Ultimate" or a "Basic" - again with a different look ..? Air and any future models steal the image, confuse and create disorder.

Mavic forum should be for Mavics , we will probably see Mavic2 soon and this will take over the forum from MavAir etc etc , all that needs to be done is to tidy this forum up, it was the same at phantom forum which now works well.
Hopefully moderators will forward our discussions and dji engineers will come on board soon and tidy up.
2018-3-21
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-21 09:38

I think we should bump this up the forum regularly - otherwise its just going to get forgotten.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-21 13:29
I think we should bump this up the forum regularly - otherwise its just going to get forgotten.

Bump !!!!!!!!! bump bump bump...........;-)
2018-3-21
Use props
verizon28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1444190 ft
United States

I’d love to have a separate forum for the Air so I don’t have to hear about all of the horrible gimbal issues with the Pro or how a soft landing breaks it so it hangs by a rubber band.
2018-3-21
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

verizon28 Posted at 2018-3-21 13:52
I’d love to have a separate forum for the Air so I don’t have to hear about all of the horrible gimbal issues with the Pro or how a soft landing breaks it so it hangs by a rubber band.

Its already available to you - just select Mavic Air at the top of the Mavic forum.
2018-3-22
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4

Hi DJI Thor - are there any plans to make "Mavic Pro" a Mavic topic - just like "Mavic Air" ? - if so, when is it likely to be added to the website?
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-22 15:16
Hi DJI Thor - are there any plans to make "Mavic Pro" a Mavic topic - just like "Mavic Air" ? - if so, when is it likely to be added to the website?

We had forwarded the requirement to the relative department, if they are considering doing this, maybe it will be available. But I have yet received the news. Thank you for understanding.
2018-3-23
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-23 03:18
We had forwarded the requirement to the relative department, if they are considering doing this, maybe it will be available. But I have yet received the news. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks - can I also suggest you also prepare them for separating the Mavic 2 in a similar way.
2018-3-23
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4

verizon28 Posted at 2018-3-21 13:52

I'd love to filter out the Mavic Air so I don't have to hear about the limited WiFi range, lack of waypoints ...
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-23 09:17
Thanks - can I also suggest you also prepare them for separating the Mavic 2 in a similar way.

Sorry for the late reply. Though I have no news about the new product, the idea will be transferred.
2018-3-28
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

'Bump'

Why hasn't this been fixed already? It's not rocket science, how hard can it be to add a Mavic Pro filter?  
2018-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-11 04:00
'Bump'

Why hasn't this been fixed already? It's not rocket science, how hard can it be to add a Mavic Pro filter?

Well forum used to be looked after by dji joe, he was the guy who brought the forum along to where it is today, but he seems to be gone from this forum and I don’t know who is responsible for it now, but if changes are not made the forum could go downhill very fast.
2018-4-11
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-11 05:08
Well forum used to be looked after by dji joe, he was the guy who brought the forum along to where it is today, but he seems to be gone from this forum and I don’t know who is responsible for it now, but if changes are not made the forum could go downhill very fast.

I dropped in a line in the ongoing 'Forum community enhancement' thread, along with a PM to DJI Joe to take a look. Lets hope this gets picked up soon.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 691&fromuid=1506194
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules