Does the Lexar 633x card work?
5406 6 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirSnaps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United Kingdom

Just got my Mavic Air and realised that there is no SD card included in the box, which is a little dissapointing. Luckily I have a 16GB Lexar card at home but it's not on the supported list, does anyone know if this card would work?
Lexar High-Performance 633x 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-I

If not, I assume it's not going to cause problems with the drone it just won't work or won't record footage fast enough or something, is that right?

2018-1-30
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

The Lexar brand cards do work with DJI products. I believe the reason they are not on the list is because Lexar no longer makes memory cards, they killed that dept. in favor of putting their funds towards other ventures. Which sucks because I believe they made the best memory cards.
2018-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it does, I have used this very card in the aircraft today & it works perfectly, even when using Asteroid Mode.
Update:
I noticed a warning ⚠️ next to the card icon, apparently the card speed is too slow!

The video I shot was 4K at 30fps, I reckon the card may struggle at 120fps,
2018-1-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Probably because the Air ships with 8GB onboard storage. Any Class 10 / UHS-1 card should work, though I'm not sure how well tested the 64GB+ cards are, but those are overkill, anyway.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it will but I prefer to use Sandisk
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, for choosing the SD card, class 10 or UHS-1 rating is required. We advise using the recommended SD cards on the official web which have been tested and verifies and could ensure the full functions. Thank you. SD card.png
2018-1-31
Use props
MarcusR
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, I also bought a 32GB Lexar 633x class 10 UHS 1 card, because it was the only one the retailer had at that moment. So yesterday I did my first flight with the mavic air and a yellow warning sign appeared with the "slow sd card" message. What does this mean in term of performances? Do I have to change SD card? A supported SD card should not work properly?
Thanks
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules