Image noise/artificats after latest update (v02.00.0700)
1834 17 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

I know they're not dead pixels, they move around from image to image.

Definitely seems to be a result of the latest firmware update. Anyone else had this issue/know solutions?

Otherwise, the firmware update did indeed seem to improve flight performance, was very stable, and even seemed to run a bit quieter... could just be my imagination.

Artifacts galore!

Artifacts galore!
2018-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try a camera 'reset' in DJI Go 4 in camera settings. Tap on 'slider control' icon just below shutter icon on screen. Then tap on top right 'Tab' (cogwheel), and you will see 'Reset camera settings' at bottom of menu.

To me it looks like it may have defaulted to RAW format, which generates a file with a .DNG file extension.
These files seem to produce 'hot pixels'. In the Downloads section you will see a .DNG cleaner which should tidy up these images.
2018-1-30
Use props
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-30 12:17
Try a camera 'reset' in DJI Go 4 in camera settings. Tap on 'slider control' icon just below shutter icon on screen. Then tap on top right 'Tab' (cogwheel), and you will see 'Reset camera settings' at bottom of menu.

To me it looks like it may have defaulted to RAW format, which generates a file with a .DNG file extension.

Thanks! Forgot about the DNG cleaner!

I'll give the reset a go as well, first issue I've ever had... worried I burned out my sensor with the sun, but the artifacts move around from photo to photo.
2018-1-30
Use props
panikos2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 553871 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have the same problem (white or red/blue/green dots everywhere) in my photos and videos. Why do i need to use a DNG cleaner for a drone that i paid 1500€ ??? My question refers Dji, not you Aardvark. By the way, reset and DNG cleaner didn't solve the problem
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload some original samples in SD card for analysis? Thanks!
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

panikos2020 Posted at 2018-2-2 01:12
I have the same problem (white or red/blue/green dots everywhere) in my photos and videos. Why do i need to use a DNG cleaner for a drone that i paid 1500€ ??? My question refers Dji, not you Aardvark. By the way, reset and DNG cleaner didn't solve the problem

Hi there, please refer my reply in 5# and upload some original videos in SD card. Dropbox or Google Drive is recommended. We'd like to look into the exact status.
2018-2-4
Use props
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-4 22:14
Could you upload some original samples in SD card for analysis? Thanks!

Hello Susan, appreciate the reply/sorry for the delay. Here are the original photos/video clip: p4 artifacts google drive

I have more examples if you need them. (Also, not sure if you meant video, but I did have a video clip from that flight; not sure if artifacts are present in the video.)
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanscd9bf31c Posted at 2018-2-8 14:41
Hello Susan, appreciate the reply/sorry for the delay. Here are the original photos/video clip: p4 artifacts google drive

I have more examples if you need them. (Also, not sure if you meant video, but I did have a video clip from that flight; not sure if artifacts are present in the video.)

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI_112
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79606 ft

Germany

Never touch a running system...
2018-2-23
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

Yeah i have the same issue, but i noted that this is more likely to appear with longer shutter speed.
2018-2-23
Use props
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

DJI_112 Posted at 2018-2-23 10:28
Never touch a running system...

Not sure what you mean...
2018-2-23
Use props
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

fanscd9bf31c Posted at 2018-2-23 11:47
Not sure what you mean...

lol, I get you... yeah, I  guess I've just never had any problems with any other updates in the past 1.5 years I've had it.
2018-2-24
Use props
fanscd9bf31c
lvl.1
United States

Drshiwas Posted at 2018-2-23 10:59
Yeah i have the same issue, but i noted that this is more likely to appear with longer shutter speed.

Exactly the same experience here, longer shutter, and then when I go to make simple/routine adjustments in lightroom the artifacts pop out.
2018-2-24
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

fanscd9bf31c Posted at 2018-2-24 11:03
Exactly the same experience here, longer shutter, and then when I go to make simple/routine adjustments in lightroom the artifacts pop out.

I hope it will be fixed with next FW.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that they do not find any obvious issue from your pictures. Actually, the latest firmware does not change the camera performance. Could you double check and confirm?
2018-3-6
Use props
fajar ocid
New

Indonesia

i can't  fixed image, please tell me the solution thanks
2018-3-16
Use props
DroneWrangler 9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-6 00:31
Update: I just got an update from our engineers that they do not find any obvious issue from your pictures. Actually, the latest firmware does not change the camera performance. Could you double check and confirm?

Hmm... still haven't found an answer on my end either.

A theory is that I never have shot at that shutter speed with an ND16 (mainly shooting video that flight) lens on, definitely pushing the limits of the camera.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneWrangler 9 Posted at 2018-4-3 09:37
Hmm... still haven't found an answer on my end either.

A theory is that I never have shot at that shutter speed with an ND16 (mainly shooting video that flight) lens on, definitely pushing the limits of the camera.

It's hard to say. Does the issue appear in other flights frequently? How about resetting the camera settings?
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules