12Next >
6481 46 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DebG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

The Phantom section is combine, on the other hand Mavic Air and Pro/Platinum are alot more popular.

Phantom 4 has 114 pages of threads.
Phantom 4 Advanced has 6 pages.
P4P has 77 pages.
Mavic has 286 total. + The Mavic Air fits between Spark and Mavic Pro in Price and Size.

Differences between Mavic Air and Mavic Pro;
Name, Size, Weight, Price, RC, transmission type, range, flight time, battery, speed, Propellers, FOC ESC, Camera (bit rate, FOV), Intelligent flight modes, APAS, Obstacle sensors (range of each, +rear sensors), Gimbal, +Many more.

PetLabarak This forum is no longer for mavic pro/platinum owners...
jackiedh Separate Mavic Air Forum
rshah921 Any way to filter out all this Mavic Air talk from the Pro talk?
TomWolves Where is the Forum for Mavic pro
Virgil Quick New forum category
tim4flight Need to split Mavic forum for Pro and Air
Steeevo Stop with the Mavic Air threads!!!!

Mike-PNW Please make a Mavic Air sub forum
anthonyb Can we have a Mavic Pro forum please?
AG0N-Gary Forum Division Attn DJI
Bob Brown Mavic Pro Forum cluttered with Mavic Air posts
ro_flyer Pollo you think Mavic Air should get a separate forum from Mavi...
BumblerBee Please add Mavic Pro category to the forum
ro_flyer Mods: Why not Split Forum Between Mavic Pro / Mavic Air??
drn3px69  [REQUEST] Mavic Pro Topic
Bob Brown PLEASE CREATE A FORUM FILTER = MAVIC PRO

Would you like a new Mavic Air section?

Single SelectVote, Total 309 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

So much cheese with that wine.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

WHY??
Phantoms share and Inspires share.
2018-1-30
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-30 15:20
WHY??
Phantoms share and Inspires share.

P4P has 77 pages.

Mavic has 286 total. + The Mavic Air fits between Spark and Mavic Pro in Price and Size.
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Kindly see my proposal here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132455-1-1.html
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-30 15:36
P4P has 77 pages.

Did you forget to add all phantom 3 like pro standard etc..
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-30 15:36
P4P has 77 pages.

Take note of the amount of threads on both

2018-1-30
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

That could work. But it would still be difficult. + The NUMBER of threads.

Tag all the past Mavic threads.
Hard to find Hardware support for Air vs Pro, Camera support, video/photos, etc.
Eventually we will need tags for Mavic Pro 2, Platinum 2, Air 2.
2018-1-30
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 15:58
[view_image]

Did you forget to add all phantom 3 like pro standard etc..

I did not forget it was just hard to do a comparison to the newer products.

The Phantom Section has;
Video & Photos - 5003
P4P 4618
P4A 346
Phantom 4 6804
DJI GO 493
General Support 715

Mavic has;
Videos & Photos 4315
Discussion 7004
DJI GO 1075
General Support 1754

2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-30 16:11
I did not forget it was just hard to do a comparison to the newer products.

The Phantom Section has;

I don’t think your comparing apples with apples here, the phantom forum is excellent and because it’s on one forum it’s very accessible for all those who have different phantoms, it also is easy access to those with great knowledge about drones Cameras video/photo FW SW hardware etc etc, I have a Mavic Pro and I don’t mind to have a similar platform which works very well and is a great source of community help, I think many will lose out particularly new users with your proposal, can I ask if we see a Mavic pro11 do you think this should also be separated from Mavic forum?
2018-1-30
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:27
I don’t think your comparing apples with apples here, the phantom forum is excellent and because it’s on one forum it’s very accessible for all those who have different phantoms, it also is easy access to those with great knowledge about drones Cameras video/photo FW SW hardware etc etc, I have a Mavic Pro and I don’t mind to have a similar platform which works very well and is a great source of community help, I think many will lose out particularly new users with your proposal, can I ask if we see a Mavic pro11 do you think this should also be separated from Mavic forum?

Thanks for the reply and the further clarification.

The Phantom and Mavic Sections have different tags and was hard to compare, but as you saw in my last post the Mavic section was on par or above the Phantoms; Video & Photos, DJI GO, and General Support.

New users can still easily access the Mavic Pro section tab and wont have to learn to sort through just 1 section if they are looking for others who have similar Hardware support issues, etc. (It is also just not possible to sort through Mavic Air hardware support issues)

Would the Mavic Pro11 be an upgrade to the Mavic Pro or would it be a different size and price?

2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-30 16:40
Thanks for the reply and the further clarification.

The Phantom and Mavic Sections have different tags and was hard to compare, but as you saw in my last post the Mavic section was on par or above the Phantoms; Video & Photos, DJI GO, and General Support.

It would be a Mavic , all Mavics work of the same FW SW and most of the hardware is similar in how the work and operate, while there are differences like occsync and WiFi connections, most other hardware like gps compass IMU all work the same way, I just think this is an opportunity to learn from everybody here and start putting people who have similar but not the same Aircraft in a box somewhere is not the best option,most phantom flyers have had many phantom aircrafts and can pass on and down their knowledge to new users as well as learning from all in those forums.

Don’t get me wrong, I do think that the forum needs clearer distinction ie Mavic Pro, Mavic Air,  Mavic Pro hardware, Mavic Air hardware, but should also allow all those with Mavic aircraft to share ie video/photo and general discussion .
I also believe that this will be sorted soon.
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:53
It would be a Mavic , all Mavics work of the same FW SW and most of the hardware is similar in how the work and operate, while there are differences like occsync and WiFi connections, most other hardware like gps compass IMU all work the same way, I just think this is an opportunity to learn from everybody here and start putting people who have similar but not the same Aircraft in a box somewhere is not the best option,most phantom flyers have had many phantom aircrafts and can pass on and down their knowledge to new users as well as learning from all in those forums.

Don’t get me wrong, I do think that the forum needs clearer distinction ie Mavic Pro, Mavic Air,  Mavic Pro hardware, Mavic Air hardware, but should also allow all those with Mavic aircraft to share ie video/photo and general discussion .

Fully agree!
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

There are more threads about this than threads about the actual Mavic Air. Stop with this spam
2018-1-30
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 19:46
There are more threads about this than threads about the actual Mavic Air. Stop with this spam

9 threads vs 146 Mavic Air?
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

DebG Posted at 2018-1-30 20:04
9 threads vs 146 Mavic Air?

Well my kind sir there were way more than 9 threads about this in the last week

Now please go fly your Phantom
2018-1-30
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United Kingdom

I think there should be sub forums for each different model
2018-1-31
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

They should stay together, the more people we have the more help we get. It's flooded now because the Air just got released, but I think it will calm down
2018-1-31
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I guess the time has come where you cannot use the "ALL" no filter anymore if you don't want MA included. The mods cannot catch all the newbies and semi newbies posting in the wrong forums either. Right now that's a task of the impossible for them it seems.
2018-1-31
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

The Mavic Pro and Mavic Air share a name but that's about it. They are different devices and probably deserve different forums.

I could see following along a very interesting thread and learning something new about my  device only to find out it wasn't my device. That makes searching so much harder and relies on each post to address which unit is being discussed - preferably in the title so you don't have to read through threads that don't relate to your equipment.

Truthfully, and this is not meant as putting down any device, I don't think reusing the name Mavic on such a new and different device makes any kind of sense at all.

Kev

P.S. Case in point: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131085-1-1.html
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kevin_d Posted at 2018-1-31 08:58
The Mavic Pro and Mavic Air share a name but that's about it. They are different devices and probably deserve different forums.

I could see following along a very interesting thread and learning something new about my  device only to find out it wasn't my device. That makes searching so much harder and relies on each post to address which unit is being discussed - preferably in the title so you don't have to read through threads that don't relate to your equipment.

There are huge difference between a P2 and P4 , yet they share a forum along side P3 about 10 different Aircraft , all with different tech different cameras etc, yet the main principles of flying these drones is still very similar, much is learned from these groups many guys with great knowledge of how to fly how to Problem solve great guys with huge experience in aerial photography, the same can be said of inspire forum.
It would be a pity to put both Mavics in there own separate boxes and lose a huge amount of this knowledge, there are some differences in Mavic Pro and Mavic Air , but just like phantom there are many more things they have in common including a lot of hardware compass IMU gps all work under the same principles in all dji craft, we all carry an amount of knowledge we can pass on to help others and equally learn so much from others experience.
I believe it would be a mistake to completely separate these forums and nobody would be better for it.

Your example of a newbie asking a question but making a mistake, says more about your attitude than his genuine mistake.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 10:08
There are huge difference between a P2 and P4 , yet they share a forum along side P3 about 10 different Aircraft , all with different tech different cameras etc, yet the main principles of flying these drones is still very similar, much is learned from these groups many guys with great knowledge of how to fly how to Problem solve great guys with huge experience in aerial photography, the same can be said of inspire forum.
It would be a pity to put both Mavics in there own separate boxes and lose a huge amount of this knowledge, there are some differences in Mavic Pro and Mavic Air , but just like phantom there are many more things they have in common including a lot of hardware compass IMU gps all work under the same principles in all dji craft, we all carry an amount of knowledge we can pass on to help others and equally learn so much from others experience.
I believe it would be a mistake to completely separate these forums and nobody would be better for it.

Thank you for this and I fully agree. Technically most is in common and only in features and performance there are a few differences.
2018-1-31
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 10:08
It would be a pity to put both Mavics in there own separate boxes and lose a huge amount of this knowledge, there are some differences in Mavic Pro and Mavic Air , but just like phantom there are many more things they have in common including a lot of hardware compass IMU gps all work under the same principles in all dji craft, we all carry an amount of knowledge we can pass on to help others and equally learn so much from others experience.

What does it say about my attitude? That was an odd comment. I meant to voice my opinion and not to show an attitude or even say one platform is better than the other. Just different.

Before I post I try to search. When I'm searching for some terms in the Mavic forum there's a high likelihood that the results will pertain to my drone and my question. Now, if you add a dissimilar device that happens to share a family name, the results of that search become less likely to apply to my device. That's the basis of my opinion. You can ask people to always mention their model but we all know that's not going to happen. The example was to show the confusion that can and will occur when the two are mixed and new users ask a whole lot more questions (I think) than experienced users. Experienced users are probably heavily on the answer side.

This same dilema is handled by many forums. Some go one way (combine), other go the opposite (separate). My opinion, separation is the way to go. If I want to search in the Pro/Pro Plat forum I can. If I want to search in the Air forum I can. Nothing stopping me. But if all are mashed together I can't separate the responses without reading a lot of what doesn't even pertain... so I ask the question instead of researching the answer.
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kevin_d Posted at 2018-1-31 10:52
What does it say about my attitude? That was an odd comment. I meant to voice my opinion and not to show an attitude or even say one platform is better than the other. Just different.

Before I post I try to search. When I'm searching for some terms in the Mavic forum there's a high likelihood that the results will pertain to my drone and my question. Now, if you add a dissimilar device that happens to share a family name, the results of that search become less likely to apply to my device. That's the basis of my opinion. You can ask people to always mention their model but we all know that's not going to happen. The example was to show the confusion that can and will occur when the two are mixed and new users ask a whole lot more questions (I think) than experienced users. Experienced users are probably heavily on the answer side.

If you find that thread causes you some sort of problem then you do have an attitude,
You also are missing the point , these forums are more community based and offer a great opportunity to all new and old users to both Help and learn from each other, we already know this works well in phantom and inspire forums and there is no one complaining over there, so if something works better for the benefit of all why not stay with similar.
I also differ with your opinion regarding what you think are great differences between Mavic Pro and Mavic Air , if you break down both these aircraft you will find they have a lot more in common than different.
2018-1-31
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 11:04
If you find that thread causes you some sort of problem then you do have an attitude,
You also are missing the point , these forums are more community based and offer a great opportunity to all new and old users to both Help and learn from each other, we already know this works well in phantom and inspire forums and there is no one complaining over there, so if something works better for the benefit of all why not stay with similar.
I also differ with your opinion regarding what you think are great differences between Mavic Pro and Mavic Air , if you break down both these aircraft you will find they have a lot more in common than different.

No attitude whatsoever. A differing opinion. That is all.
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kevin_d Posted at 2018-1-31 12:00
No attitude whatsoever. A differing opinion. That is all.

Ok fair enough apologies for that. Good luck.
2018-1-31
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 11:04
You also are missing the point , these forums are more community based and offer a great opportunity to all new and old users to both Help and learn from each other, we already know this works well in phantom and inspire forums and there is no one complaining over there, so if something works better for the benefit of all why not stay with similar.

Name, Size, Weight, Price, RC, transmission type, range, flight time, battery, speed, Propellers, FOC ESC, Camera (bit rate, FOV), Intelligent flight modes, APAS, Obstacle sensors (range of each, +rear sensors), Gimbal, +Many more.
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-31 13:01
Name, Size, Weight, Price, RC, transmission type, range, flight time, battery, speed, camera (bit rate, FOV), Intelligent flight modes, APAS, Obstacle sensors (range of each, +rear sensors), Gimbal, +Many more.

Almost the same as phantom 4 and phantom 4 Pro. And a much bigger difference between P4Pro and phantom 2.

Name remember you share forum with MPP also different name can’t believe you included that it’s ridiculous.

Your just clutching at straws here, I’m convinced that your poll is now starting to sound petty like a spoilt child trying to get his own way refusing to share.

What I would like to hear from you is how you think the phantom forum has worked , nobody complaining over there yet all their aircraft have different names ,cameras ,gimbals ,tech ,features, sensors ,,RC ,live feed ,weight,

But just like Mavic and MavAir, they all use gps ,barometer ,IMU ,props, compass, gimbals, RC, props x4, app, sensors, two sticks, magnetometers , cpu, brushless motors, accelerometers, landing gear, batteries , ESC’s, FET circuitry, gyroscopes, Kepler tuning, datalinks, radio transmitter & frequency, chargers, PSU, All X shaped copters, etc etc.
2018-1-31
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 13:35
Almost the same as phantom 4 and phantom 4 Pro. And a much bigger difference between P4Pro and phantom 2.

Name remember you share forum with MPP also different name can’t believe you included that it’s ridiculous.

Everyone here has responded in a nice way towards you. You keep adding negative/hostile remarks towards people (call it what you want).

Nobody over on the Phantom forums complaining? Well it is different here on the Mavic Section, many threads created complaining (look at OP, just a few linked) + 67 people voted yes to having a Mavic Air Section vs 18.
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-31 13:48
Everyone here has responded in a nice way towards you. You keep adding negative/hostile remarks towards people (call it what you want).

Nobody over on the Phantom forums complaining? Well it is different here on the Mavic Section, many threads created complaining (look at OP, just a few linked) + 63 people voted yes to having a Mavic Air Section.

That’s easy to explain there are many more Mavic owners, I’ve been around here for awhile, I was here when Mavic was first released and to comment on on Mavic you had to comment on on phantom forum, I don’t remember such hostile reaction to new Mavic users. The truth is phantom users were interested in helping other new drone users find their feet and that’s the way it should be.
If you don’t like my pragmatic view that’s fine and if I disagree with yours then I try to give you my opinion, but as I said in other post the Mavic and MavAir have much more in common than not, I think I have shown this and I’m not going to get into a he said she said situation. It’s fairly obvious that you want and think that you would be better off in a separate forum and that’s your prerogative . Truth is there will be many new users that could greatly benefit from Mavic users experiences, you obviously think differently.
2018-1-31
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 14:04
That’s easy to explain there are many more Mavic owners, I’ve been around here for awhile, I was here when Mavic was first released and to comment on on Mavic you had to comment on on phantom forum, I don’t remember such hostile reaction to new Mavic users. The truth is phantom users were interested in helping other new drone users find their feet and that’s the way it should be.
If you don’t like my pragmatic view that’s fine and if I disagree with yours then I try to give you my opinion, but as I said in other post the Mavic and MavAir have much more in common than not, I think I have shown this and I’m not going to get into a he said she said situation. It’s fairly obvious that you want and think that you would be better off in a separate forum and that’s your prerogative . Truth is there will be many new users that could greatly benefit from Mavic users experiences, you obviously think differently.

"but as I said in other post the Mavic and MavAir have much more in common than not"

"they all use gps ,barometer ,IMU ,props, compass, gimbals, RC, props x4, app, sensors, two sticks, magnetometers , cpu, brushless motors, accelerometers, landing gear, batteries , ESC’s, FET circuitry, gyroscopes, Kepler tuning, datalinks, radio transmitter & frequency, chargers, PSU, All X shaped copters, etc etc."

You do not seem very familiar with the Mavic Pro Vs Mavic Air.

The Gimbal, RC, Props, Batteries, Chargers. Are all clearly different in many ways.

The CPU info I believe has also not been released. I am not sure your other similar comparisons are correct either.

2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-31 14:22
"but as I said in other post the Mavic and MavAir have much more in common than not"

"they all use gps ,barometer ,IMU ,props, compass, gimbals, RC, props x4, app, sensors, two sticks, magnetometers , cpu, brushless motors, accelerometers, landing gear, batteries , ESC’s, FET circuitry, gyroscopes, Kepler tuning, datalinks, radio transmitter & frequency, chargers, PSU, All X shaped copters, etc etc."

Trust me they are correct a remote control is a remote control all dji remote controls basically do the same job.
A gimbal again it does the same job as any gimbal it’s a 3 axis gimbal, batteries again there smart batteries yes the have different technology probably the technology we will see in future Mavic pro11,
CPU they all do the same job it’s in the name.
PSU or charger they charge I don’t think anyone is going to suggest swapping.
Again I know as a user of MATRICE phantom Mavic Pro and Spark .
that I can help others particularly new users with the help they need , this is something you seem to think is better kept bottled up. I don’t.

I’ve mentioned phantom forum and how it works, but you haven’t commented on this, but it’s a great forum full of information from a great bunch of drone professionals and enthusiasts, I don’t believe it would be better separating this forum. Do you?
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DebG Posted at 2018-1-31 14:22

Just forgot to mention props , props do exactly the same job on all X copters that’s a fact. If one is quieter it does the same job if one goes faster or slower it does the same job, and I don’t think there is anyone who doesn’t know this.
2018-1-31
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

A few more.

Mike-PNW Please make a Mavic Air sub forum
anthonyb Can we have a Mavic Pro forum please?
AG0N-Gary Forum Division Attn DJI

2018-2-3
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

For all manufacturers, not just DJI, forums should have subcategories for individual products.  When we are looking for solutions, we don't want to try what worked based on what worked on a Maytag washer.  We want specific solutions and discussions to our products.
2018-2-3
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

I know that, when I select a topic for a new thread, I can select Mavic Air; no such option exists for Mavic Pro. If I want to look for topics about my Mavic Pro, I now have to page through endless frames of Mavic Air threads to get to anything relevant to my interest. Let's clean this up, please!
2018-2-3
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

rawright54 Posted at 2018-2-3 22:37
I know that, when I select a topic for a new thread, I can select Mavic Air; no such option exists for Mavic Pro. If I want to look for topics about my Mavic Pro, I now have to page through endless frames of Mavic Air threads to get to anything relevant to my interest. Let's clean this up, please!

Thank you.  I don't care if they lump every model Mavic and Phantom into one forum.  All I want is a filter.  There is a filter for Mavic Air.  Put one up for Mavic pro.  Why did DJI add a filter for the Air and not for the Pro??  You don't need a complete separate forum for the MP.  Just add a filter and everyone would be happier for it.  
2018-2-7
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
United States

Please add Mavic Pro category to the forum
Pollo you think Mavic Air should get a separate forum from Mavi...
Mods: Why not Split Forum Between Mavic Pro / Mavic Air??
PLEASE CREATE A FORUM FILTER = MAVIC PRO
Mavic Pro Forum cluttered with Mavic Air posts
2018-2-13
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

great 1001 topic about Mavic Air needing its own forum
2018-2-13
Use props
DebG