Mavic air - Missing parts on delivery :(
4116 20 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

My name is Cal, I'm based in Snowdonia, North Wales - UK.
My Arctic white mavic air, fly more combo arrived today (YAY). However my package was completely missing the usb adapter (not so yay)

Has any body else recieved their air and had parts missing like myself? Luckily I have a micro to usb cable from a solar panel kit. Otherwise no controller charging for me!

I maybe being stupid here too, I calibrated everything and set up correctly and when I flew my air, forwards and backwards, whilst in mode 2 wouldnt work...

Any suggestions?!

Thank you
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What’s a USB adapter and for what are you using it for exactly ?

You also said you flew but then said it didn’t work. This sounds like a contradiction.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 15:44
What’s a USB adapter and for what are you using it for exactly ?

You also said you flew but then said it didn’t work. This sounds like a contradiction.

You are supposed to recieve a usb adapter with the mavic air. As the charging slot is a sqaured micro usb to normal usb. However the connecters you recieve are upgraded to a usb-c port connection.

States on the list you recieve of parts that you should have. It is also show in most unboxing videos. Mine is not there...

Well yes, I tried to fly it anyway. I could only move up/down, side to side and spin.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on what you did get. So I’m clear - did you take off successfully but the drone doesn’t move forward or backward? What about yaw and roll? Have you screwed down your RC sticks properly and when you say you calibrated everything did that include the remote?
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-1-30 15:48
You are supposed to recieve a usb adapter with the mavic air. As the charging slot is a sqaured micro usb to normal usb. However the connecters you recieve are upgraded to a usb-c port connection.

States on the list you recieve of parts that you should have. It is also show in most unboxing videos. Mine is not there...

Have you tried to calibrate sticks? I presume you mean left stick is working so you can move up and down and yaw, and with right stick you can move left and right.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 15:50
Congrats on what you did get. So I’m clear - did you take off successfully but the drone doesn’t move forward or backward? What about yaw and roll? Have you screwed down your RC sticks properly and when you say you calibrated everything did that include the remote?

Thank you!

Yes everything including the remote was calibrated before flights and also the new firmware updated completed properly too, everythings works normal including, yaw and roll. Just forwards and backwards is a no. It just sits there... Im stumped.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 15:52
Have you tried to calibrate sticks? I presume you mean left stick is working so you can move up and down and yaw, and with right stick you can move left and right.

Controller is fully calibrated and updated too. Yep just forward and backwards is a no go....
2018-1-30
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-1-30 15:55
Controller is fully calibrated and updated too. Yep just forward and backwards is a no go....

Are you flying indoors?
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:01
Are you flying indoors?

Open moor land
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-1-30 15:55

Well if you calibrated remote control and your aircraft is not moving forward or backwards and presuming it’s not because of obstacle avoidance ie flying in small area indoors, then you may have a problem.
You could do a factory reset through dji assistant.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:02
Well if you calibrated remote control and your aircraft is not moving forward or backwards and presuming it’s not because of obstacle avoidance ie flying in small area indoors, then you may have a problem.
You could do a factory reset through dji assistant.

Thank you for the advice, Ill give that a go and try find some breaks in tomorrows weather. Appreciate it
2018-1-30
Use props
fans53238de3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47113 ft
United States

The USB adapter is in the same tiny packages as the extra sticks.  It's really small and easy to miss like I did
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans53238de3 Posted at 2018-1-30 16:05
The USB adapter is in the same tiny packages as the extra sticks.  It's really small and easy to miss like I did

Yeah Ive seen its tiny, but I have triple checked everything and in each box. It was a right kick in the nuts after the excitement of recieving it so early!
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, factory reset - FW refresh, recalibrate IMU, sticks (presume the RC sticks showed 100% pitch and throttle during the cal) and gimbal. Turn off OA too and see if that may be causing it - did you calibrate the sensors in Assistant 2? You don’t need to calibrate everything BTW
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, if you couldn't find the USB Adapter, please contact our support to report this case and we will like to help.
And for your controlling issue, was there an error message in the app? Please try to calibrate the visual system and try again, avoid the windy environment. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-30 19:12
Hi, if you couldn't find the USB Adapter, please contact our support to report this case and we will like to help.
And for your controlling issue, was there an error message in the app? Please try to calibrate the visual system and try again, avoid the windy environment. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcjxfMocLM&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=4

All fine and working today after full reset . It even tackled 30mph gusts!!! So so impressed with the Air!!
I did contact support immediately and they said they couldnt help. I ordered this through Jessops, I spoke to their customer service rep, who said DJI will sort it, an DJI said, no Jessops will...

I've emailed customer services as told to Jessops and Im still waiting on a response.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-1-31 14:15
All fine and working today after full reset . It even tackled 30mph gusts!!! So so impressed with the Air!!
I did contact support immediately and they said they couldnt help. I ordered this through Jessops, I spoke to their customer service rep, who said DJI will sort it, an DJI said, no Jessops will...

Glad you got it sorted!
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anyone also know a fix for this. Started today... still no response from Jessops or Dji about my usb adapter :@
SmartSelectImage_2018-02-01-22-51-59.png
2018-2-1
Use props
Luis Manuel Soto Perez
New

Puerto Rico

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-2-1 14:55
Anyone also know a fix for this. Started today... still no response from Jessops or Dji about my usb adapter :@

I just opened mine and is incomplete too. So disappointment. What I need to do?   Forgert it! I found the other parts on one small pocket inside the bag.  My bad!! There's no instruction showing that.
2020-6-3
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_YGXnharQYfpn Posted at 2018-1-31 14:15

Its down to Jessops, that's who sold it to you so its there problem to put it right not DJI, but DJI could be nice and send you one.....
2020-6-3
Use props
djiuser_8YX39no5AiPE
New

United States

Yes! I also am missing a bunch of parts for the same product! Im missing the same cable and a few other things as well from the fly more combo. This is so annoying.
EDIT:
I feel so dumb lollll i found the missng parts, I scrolled through the replies and found out theres another hidden pocket in bag XD
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules