Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
are there different controllers for phantom 3
1156 5 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lgood
lvl.1
United States

Really new to this hobby. I just received my phantom 3 std and have noticed some differance in some of videos and post. Majority of them say to plug the iphone or ipad into the controller. My controller has only 1 plug and that is for charging. It seems to fly ok, have not done more than hover and very short flights. Just saw how to calibrate the IMU and noticed the differant controller there also. I guess I am just wondering if there are more options.  Thanks for comments.
2018-1-30
Use props
chandavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

I believe that “that” controller is the only available. Lacks A and B buttons etc
2018-1-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The P3 Standard controller is different to the one used on the P3 Advanced or Pr0. The one for the Standard uses WiFi to link the controller to your phone or tablet, whereas the controller used on the Advanced or Pro connects to the phone using a USB cable. On type cannot be used with the other.
2018-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-30 16:40
The P3 Standard controller is different to the one used on the P3 Advanced or Pr0. The one for the Standard uses WiFi to link the controller to your phone or tablet, whereas the controller used on the Advanced or Pro connects to the phone using a USB cable. On type cannot be used with the other.

Geoff, Good advice and explanation.

The one huge advantage of flying a Phantom 3 Advanced or Phantom 3 Pro' is that they have LightBridge, which has reached super long flight distances. . .

RedHotPoker
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, 3#'s reply is spot on. There are several types of P3 RC, and they are not compatible for now.
2018-1-30
Use props
lgood
lvl.1
United States

Answeres my question, thank you all. ps I hope this is how you reply, new to this also
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules