1405 7 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnakeArtworX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9987 ft
Poland

Hi all,
Here's a short video from my flight training during the Basic DJI Drone Flight Course at DJI Academy in Warsaw, Poland.
It was the first time I've reaaly had a chance to fly my MavicPro for more than few minutes, even if the conditions were bad (strong wind and rain).

2018-1-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a very big turnout
2018-1-30
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-30 17:03
Not a very big turnout

It was raining It's like Ireland it rains alot
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just a warm reminding, no matter Mavic series or Phantom series etc. are not waterproof drones. Please don't fly when it is raining and there has a strong wind for the safety of flight. 御飞行环境.png
2018-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rainy days...
2018-1-30
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-30 20:40
Hi there, just a warm reminding, no matter Mavic series or Phantom series etc. are not waterproof drones. Please don't fly when it is raining and there has a strong wind for the safety of flight.[view_image]

I support you.
The other day we did flights during a sticky mist at minus 3 degrees Celsius.
The fog looked like rain, though very shallow. He settled on the ground, forming an ice crust.
The result - one of the motors failed. The display showed an overload of the battery and the motor, after which Mavik independently landed where he was impatient. It ended without a crash, but one beam has to be replaced because of a broken motor.
When I picked up Mavik - saw the ice on the propellers and the hull.
Probably this ice on contact with the superheated winding of the motor caused a short circuit between the turns.
And I was very lucky that the Mavik decided to make a landing on a plowed field, and not a river, over which it just flew by ...
In any case, my example should be a warning.
2018-1-31
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm very supprised that whoever was training You. Allowed You to fly in the rain?  Was the training about how to ruin your drone?

2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are they DJI employees? Teaching you to fly in the rain with a pair of DJI drones that are not waterproof?
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules