Canada

Single SelectVote, Total 93 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. We would recommend users use RC to have a better flight performance and longer range. Thanks for your attention.
2018-1-30
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

the real question is do you have the RC?
2018-1-30
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

What’s that about a cable? What has that to do about it?
Where is
“Yes, and it’s not awesome” and
“Yes, and I don’t want a cable"
2018-1-31
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

heliman Posted at 2018-1-31 03:50
What’s that about a cable? What has that to do about it?
Where is
“Yes, and it’s not awesome” and

OTG cable provides a direct connection between your mobile device and the RC, eliminating one WiFi connection and reducing the latency of your video, it is not officially supported by DJI, currently only works with IOS and version 4.1.15 on Android.
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ZQ31qGUQJ8Pj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13100 ft
United Kingdom

Always nervous flying without the RC but at the moment my RC has delinked and won't relink (this is not the first time this has happened) so now can only fly with the phone until problem gets resolved
2018-1-31
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

For me, Spark without the controller looks like a selfie toy.
2018-1-31
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-31 06:00
OTG cable provides a direct connection between your mobile device and the RC, eliminating one WiFi connection and reducing the latency of your video, it is not officially supported by DJI, currently only works with IOS and version 4.1.15 on Android.

well.... AND the newest 2 versions on iOS all work.  OTG is currently ONLY an android issue
2018-1-31
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Malaysia

VenomousSVT Posted at 2018-1-31 06:37
well.... AND the newest 2 versions on iOS all work.  OTG is currently ONLY an android issue

Just to get the correct understanding, you meant that the last two IOS version of DJI Go 4 app can run using cable connection from RC to IOS device? Thats cool.

Surely Android version is forthcoming, especially with the Mavic Air showing option for either cable or WIFI connection between Device and RC. (wishful thinking)
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-30 18:20
Hi, guys. We would recommend users use RC to have a better flight performance and longer range. Thanks for your attention.

Good start!
Can't wait for:
We would recommend users use RC with a otg cable to have a better flight performance and longer range

2018-1-31
Use props
"Maverick"1776
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

Yes. Controller is totally worth it. Spark is a different beast with it.
2018-1-31
Use props
DroneManDan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

I love the RC too!!
2018-1-31
Use props
DroneManDan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

I love the RC too!!
2018-1-31
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Spark without the RC = regular kitty
Spark with RC = Maine Coon kitty
Spark with RC and OTG = tiger!!!
2018-1-31
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

is it really worth it to get an otg? i always lose connection with just the controller. would you recommend it for me?
2018-1-31
Use props
fergarcia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3054 ft
Mexico

Maybe a little off-topic, but, what's the least iPhone version (iPhone SE, iPhone 5) that gets decent usability? Maybe I'll consider getting one just to fly my Spark.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC is practically mandatory when flying the Spark.
2018-1-31
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, and it works just fine.
I would never fly anything without an RC.
2018-1-31
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

I just got it from day 1 and i never thought of just using the mobile to control my drone beside the fact that it improves the connectivity with the drone
2018-1-31
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

got the Fly More Combo when i bought my spark in July 2017.  i like to fly it with remote only, remote and device, device only and even gesture control.  I love the flexibilty depending on the need.
2018-2-1
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

My opinion, as user of all phantoms, previously mavic (yes, I sold mavic to buy spark, because MAVIC without remote, with phone, it´s unusuable to me, active track doesn´t work, ie).... if you want use REMOTE.... buy a MAVIC.... spark it´s a selfie drone that you can carry in bicycle, motorcycle, quad.... walking... carrying a remote no sense to me.

Regards
2018-2-1
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-1-31 06:50
Just to get the correct understanding, you meant that the last two IOS version of DJI Go 4 app can run using cable connection from RC to IOS device? Thats cool.

Surely Android version is forthcoming, especially with the Mavic Air showing option for either cable or WIFI connection between Device and RC. (wishful thinking)

yes... the last 2 versions of dji go on ios you can put the phone into airplane mode and connect to the RC with the cable only.

android is still up in the air unfortunately
2018-2-1
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

VenomousSVT Posted at 2018-2-1 12:03
yes... the last 2 versions of dji go on ios you can put the phone into airplane mode and connect to the RC with the cable only.

android is still up in the air unfortunately

Thank you for the confirmation. Hopefully the android OTG version of DJI Go 4 app will be forthcoming soon.
2018-2-1
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

fergarcia Posted at 2018-1-31 12:24
Maybe a little off-topic, but, what's the least iPhone version (iPhone SE, iPhone 5) that gets decent usability? Maybe I'll consider getting one just to fly my Spark.

Have you considered screen size as well? If you get it just for the Spark, it's not gonna be fun if the transmitted image is too small, because the SE and the 5/5s have quite small screens (if I'm not mistaken, they have the same screen size). For that reason alone, and also to be able to install future updates, I would get the 6 at least, or why not a used iPad or iPad mini? The models without cellular connectivity weren't too expensive, even when new. I would at least compare the prices.
2018-2-1
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-30 18:20

Well if even DJI are recommending use of the RC as a preferred flying method I do wonder why they persist in using wifi as a communication method for the spark and now the Air. The only logical reason to use wifi not occusync is so a smartphone can be used as a controller as well as an RC. If even DJI are thinking a smartphone as a controller is a bit rubbish why persist with wifi atall?
2018-2-2
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to add that if DJI officially support OTG cable. I have one and it’s working without any issues.
2018-2-2
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 09:01
Good start!
Can't wait for:
We would recommend users use RC with a otg cable to have a better flight performance and longer range

Yes, that would be great
2018-2-2
Use props
fergarcia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3054 ft
Mexico

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-1 22:02
Have you considered screen size as well? If you get it just for the Spark, it's not gonna be fun if the transmitted image is too small, because the SE and the 5/5s have quite small screens (if I'm not mistaken, they have the same screen size). For that reason alone, and also to be able to install future updates, I would get the 6 at least, or why not a used iPad or iPad mini? The models without cellular connectivity weren't too expensive, even when new. I would at least compare the prices.

Yeah, you're right: the screen size is a big concern with these gadgets. I'll consider an iPad Mini, I think that would be a better option (at least in iOS terms). Thanks for the advice!
2018-2-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I know my iPhone 6 works fine.  Version 10.3.1 because I don't care to update and was ticked that I had to update to that iOS version, for my Segway app, when the original worked fine.  The 6 plus gives you a better screen size.  I am not sure if these can be had cheaper than a mini.  I also have an OTG cable that I ordered with the Spark but have never used.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-2-2 02:53
I would like to add that if DJI officially support OTG cable. I have one and it’s working without any issues.

Ram, we will inform users if spark supports OTG cable. Thanks for your attention.
2018-2-6
Use props
primotheo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2270 ft
Hungary

Yes i got this with fly more combo.
2018-2-7
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Didn't hesitate to buy the Fly More package for the controller.
I like the physical controls over the on-screen joysticks. Gives you a more positive feel for flight.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules