Couple beginner questions...
709 3 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Checksum47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11053 ft
United States

I have a few questions about using the Spark that I havent seen mentioned so Im gonna lump them into one thread.  If you can answer any of them please use the question number to keep the answers straight with the original question...
1.  When starting up the spark.  While in the DJI Go 4 app I get to the screen that has the "Enter Device" tab with a pic of a Spark drone... After selecting "Enter Device" should I have to either "Activate the Aircraft" or "Connect to the Aircraft's Wi-Fi" every time in order to properly connect to my drone and fly?

2.  What do I actually need to connect to in order to have everything that is essential for safe flights connected?  What I mean is, the Drone has a SSID name and password.  But the Remote itself also has its own SSID and password.  Most times for me, I select "Connect to the Aircraft's Wi-Fi"  and I end up having to take a pic/scan of the square code on the remote then it will say something about connecting and then I can get in and fly the Spark.  What is the propper order or process for preflight connections?

3.  Should I have to calibrate the Sparks compass EVERYTIME I start the drone up to fly?  Even if I take off just about every time from the same spot in my backyard?  Why cant the drone hold this calibration?  I could see if I went to a different place to fly then it might need to recalibrate.  But the only thing that is happening is I turn the drone off, go in my house.  download my video and shut the drone off until the next day when I start it up again and go outside and takeoff from the same spot.  

Thats all I can think of for now.
Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

#1) The "enter device" is only for activating new drones. All you gotta do to start flying assuming you have connected your phone to the RC before is: turn on remote, connect phone to RC and no need for password because you have connected to the RC before, turn on spark, wait about 20 seconds for red light on RC to turn green, and a "go fly" will pop up in the app, you press that and you start flying! total 1 minute process.

#2) again the "enter device" is only for activating new drones. Just follow the steps mentioned and you'll be fine.

#3) no you do not need to calibrate compass everytime. Spark holds the compass data and uses it for each flight. the only times you need to calibrate is when it asks you or when you change locations.

Happy flying!
2018-1-30
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

1.   This seems to be a bug / feature of the latest app... Mine never asked that before but now asks me to 'activate' etc. every time.  Just click the third option "enter camera' or something like that and it will be fine. Hopefully they remove this in a future release.

2.   You should only see the Wifi from the RC.  Once the spark is bound with the RC it should no longer be transmitting a wifi ssid for you to see.. The password for the RC wifi is 12341234 and you should only have to enter it once.

3.   Calibrate the compass only if it tells you to.. I did mine when I got it and never again.   If you turn on the drone with magnetic interference nearby (like trying to take off from a metal car) you will get a compass error... just move to an open area and the error should go away.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please find the answers below:
1) Only the brand new drones need to be activated for the first time. After that, please select Enter Device for further steps.
2) Enter Device and connect the RC WiFi. The password will be kept automatically, no need to input every time.
3) If the compass goes wrong, there will be warning in APP. Change to another location or calibrate compass.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules