5535 51 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimsee84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142680 ft
Malaysia

Njw83 Posted at 2018-4-5 14:29
This would be my advice based on my experience yes.

Although if your only going to India I'd question the point as even if you get it into the country I wouldn't advice flying it. Security everywhere was much higher than I expected and I wouldn't try flying one anywhere in the country personally.

i'm heading to Spiti Valley . Should there be a problem flying my drone ?
I won't be  flying in those highly populated area.
2018-4-5
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Sri Lanka

BVPRITTWITZ Posted at 2018-4-5 09:33
I don't think you should worry. My mate is back and safe in the UK and just keeps telling me how great SriLanka was.

I am now in Sri Lanka. Totally agree no worries here. I brought my Mavic and guess what when I asked local security if I was allowed to fly? They say yes go and enjoyed watching the video feed. Biggest danger until now was a stray-dog on a beach who wants to fetch my bird while landing.
2018-4-6
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

thanks for the info regarding India (planning to go there in the near future).

My only issue is that lipo batteries should also be in hand luggage, the airline specificlly forbids them in the hold (something todo with fire suppression IIRC).
2018-4-6
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

jimsee84 Posted at 2018-4-5 22:20
i'm heading to Spiti Valley . Should there be a problem flying my drone ?
I won't be  flying in those highly populated area.

I guess just play it by ear but having been to India now... personally I wouldn't. They are super paranoid about security and I wouldn't want to be stuck in a police station or worse trying to explain what I was doing. Respect the laws of the country.... no matter how stupid they are in this instance I think.
2018-4-6
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

chiplifter Posted at 2018-4-6 00:56
I am now in Sri Lanka. Totally agree no worries here. I brought my Mavic and guess what when I asked local security if I was allowed to fly? They say yes go and enjoyed watching the video feed. Biggest danger until now was a stray-dog on a beach who wants to fetch my bird while landing.

Excellent. Yes I asked people where I felt I needed to and everyone was fine. Where are you in Sri Lanka? Try and get to Ella if you can and to some treks. Lovely area.
2018-4-6
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 2018-4-6 02:55

My only issue is that lipo batteries should also be in hand luggage, the airline specificlly forbids them in the hold (something todo with fire suppression IIRC).

Yes I had the batteries in my hand luggage but the drone and controller in my hold luggage.
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chiplifter Posted at 2018-4-6 00:56
I am now in Sri Lanka. Totally agree no worries here. I brought my Mavic and guess what when I asked local security if I was allowed to fly? They say yes go and enjoyed watching the video feed. Biggest danger until now was a stray-dog on a beach who wants to fetch my bird while landing.

Great to read! Result!
2018-4-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Sri Lanka

Njw83 Posted at 2018-4-6 10:45
Excellent. Yes I asked people where I felt I needed to and everyone was fine. Where are you in Sri Lanka? Try and get to Ella if you can and to some treks. Lovely area.

Thanks. I am close to Galle in the south. I will try to go film at the Dutch fortress over there early in the morrning before all tourists arrive and do some filming. Tomorrow to Kataragama NP. Don't know if I am allowed to launch the Mavic, but will ask the tourguide.
2018-4-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Sri Lanka

Ridg Posted at 2018-4-6 02:55

My only issue is that lipo batteries should also be in hand luggage, the airline specificlly forbids them in the hold (something todo with fire suppression IIRC).

I did that too. Mavic in checked luggage, batteries partly uncharched in handluggage in safety bags.
At the check in counter I mentioned there is a drone in thr luggage. Totally no problem. Flew from Amsterdam via Dubai to Colombo (Sri Lanka).
2018-4-7
Use props
kashmachine
lvl.2
United States

Hey all,

Just thought I'd update, just come back from India and flew the Spark. I flew into Delhi, then Amritsar - Mumbai and back home and all times, the spark was checked into my hold luggage with the batteries in my hand luggage. Had no issues. Remember to fly sensibly and safely guys
2018-4-23
Use props
fanse9580238
lvl.1
Australia

important question. Did you guys declare the drone at customs? (red channel) Im travelling with just carry on, so cant do the hold luggage trick
2018-7-7
Use props
Letmedronelk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606969 ft
Sri Lanka

Njw83 Posted at 2018-4-5 14:29
There was just some rioting in Kandy for a short time but it was all over by the time we got there and that was 2-3 weeks ago already now.

Dropping my latest blog post here, hopping it will help anybody who visiting to Sri Lanka.
Happy to say I'm a Sri Lankan Drone Enthusiasts. Contact me via Instagram | Facebook @LetmedroneLK. Email: letmedronelk@gmail.com

https://techikid.wordpress.com/2 ... ation-in-sri-lanka/
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules