I-pad 2 GPS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bala56
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have just sent for an ipad 2 to use with my mavic pro. I realise it has no gps but is there a good external gps that will connect, either by wire or wirelessly to the ipad??  Do i actually need one? I only got the mavic yesterday, so still figuring things out. Thanks.
2018-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use iPad mini 2 WiFi version with no issues. You don’t need gps, you don’t need cellular service . GPS comes from the drone not the iPad. Activation is the only time you will need to be connected to WiFi or cellular service.
2018-1-31
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

The only use for a gps is follow me mode (not with the camera, but with the current position of the remote/device) and if you want to relocate the home point on your current position
2018-1-31
Use props
bala56
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, all i needed to know. Now to get it in the air.
2018-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I don't believe there are any products that add GPS hardware to iPads that Go 4 can talk to. You only need GPS in your mobile device to enable maps, Follow Me, Dynamic Home Point,  and a data connection for activation, self-authorization in the field, Live Streaming, maybe some other stuff I never use that I'm forgetting.  If you have a smartphone you might be able to use it as a hotspot for your iPad, solving the data need.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules