class action??
4376 53 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

That seems like a pretty good deal.  Any chance I can get someone else interested in the batteries to buy them?  I already have 6.

DC Aerials, Could you contact me through email. matt.hooker@quickterrain.com
2015-4-28
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-4-29 00:47
Ronny, you keep repeating this same sentence, where do you get your informations from? where did you ...

DJI itself... Just watch the P3 Launch Event Video again.. DJI CEO or who ever was that talking was very clear about what he said... Also in another post here or in the P3 forum.. A DJI(employee, not sure if it was Ed or someone else) but they also said the same thing.. and i am registered developer for the DJI SDK myself... I can tell you thats what going to happen.. Not if you all wanna believe the fairy tales and excuses being spread on this forums on a daily basics... Then go ahead and do so... The SDK for the I1 and the P3 is coming soon.. So says the developer page...
2015-4-28
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Hooks Posted at 2015-4-29 02:00
That seems like a pretty good deal.  Any chance I can get someone else interested in the batteries t ...

Are you selling it to buy a P3 and move on to something else completely different????
2015-4-28
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

He's selling, if I read it right, because he lives in the center of a NFZ, rendering his I1 useless.  I believe is was DCAerials
2015-4-28
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

Daniel if you are so unhappy with it just sell it and move on. you say its brand new and on the box you should be able to get your money back! how many millions of roducts dont really meet what they promise.... if you buy a car and you dont like it are you going to keep it on your garage? No right!? i am sure you would immidiatly return it.  So if you arent happy i am sure you can find a solution to get rid of it and move on with a different company. The truth is that you wont find a perfect company selling you the perfect drone unless you are willing to spend crazy amount of money. There is no perfect company out there! Not everyone has experience problems with their inspire 1! what makes you think that you will experience every identical issue mention in this Forum. You wont ever know because you are afraid of negetative experiences that people have posted in this Forum. I own my inxpire 1 and if i fly it, i make sure i take my time to check every detail to make sure that on my side there's notthing faulty  in the event that something where to happen. iI know that DJI will take full responsabilty if my Bird just goes crazy and crashes. Dont Expect for the Inspire 1 to be a super smart machine to the point that it will bring your coffee. You bought it and you know that you play a huge role to make your flight a succesful one. Can't believe that you are talking about a class action when you haven't experience what it is to fly  the inspire 1. It sounds to me that you have more of a personal issue of trusting yourself and been confident in what you do. ! you know that DJI can see your flight data in the event that your drone fails, i am  sure that they will work with you and if its not your faul they will replace your inspire1. I dont see what excuse you have to not be enjoying your Inpire 1 and be talking about a class action lawsuit. sounds pathetic! Please Dont create a thread if you are not going to be happy with how we replied and how we express to how we feel towards your subject. It's just my opinion......
2015-4-28
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

This kinda talk was never heard before... In the past RC pilots (which every inspire pilot is) excepted that things go wrong and eventually everyone crashes. We never complained like this, it's part of the game. You got to pay to play. When has ever a company given 100% anything.... I love my Inspire! It crashes way less then my RC helis with gps hold.... And as for DJI they might be able to get better at customer service if everyone stopped whining to them about shit they are working on or have publicly stated a number of times....

Ground station is coming in what ever form....
2015-4-28
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

As far as I'm concerned the Inspire does everything they promised me it would.   I use it with great confidence every day and keep very closely informed of rare issues some people are encountering.   

I think it's fine to be critical of bad service and unresolved firmware issues.    But defective and fraudulent product?   Certainly not my Inspire...
2015-4-28
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-4-29 09:48
As far as I'm concerned the Inspire does everything they promised me it would.   I use it with great ...

I have to agree with Jim. Never had any issue with mine. Check YouTube for the update procedures that have been posted and take your time and all will be well.
2015-4-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Good luck with trying to sue a company in China.  BMW cars tried that some years back after a Chinese car manufacturer allegedly copied one of their cars.  I think Top Gear in the UK covered the story at one point.  So if big boys like BMW can't win in China,  individuals or class actions will be useless.  The only recourse you have is to go back to the country dealer who sold the product, that is the only way you will get a refund or some recourse.

I agree with lots of guys here, DJI have been deceitful, selling Inspire for use with iOS device but no App available for a long period in fact months,  and continue to keep existing owners hanging on for functions that were promised way back last year when they unveiled the Inspire and why some bought this product.  Lets not forget the somewhat shady way they also hiked up their prices for batteries etc.

With regard to the comment about DJI inferring they are similar to Apple products,  they aren't even in the same league.  I had a Mac book recently replaced by Apple which was out of warranty and 4 years old, I couldn't believe it.  Cant imagine DJI doing that in 4 years time with an Inspire !!

2015-4-30
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

look for the links through class action DJI facebook pages, the filing is at classaction.org  so far only 45 people but its growing, same exact issue causing fly aways, malfunction RTH due to crappy remotes
2018-1-26
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

realdeal Posted at 2018-1-26 12:30
look for the links through class action DJI facebook pages, the filing is at classaction.org  so far only 45 people but its growing, same exact issue causing fly aways, malfunction RTH due to crappy remotes

Seriously?
Dragging a thread back from the dead - from April 2015?

FFS - Admins, please make old threads read only. This keeps on happening and just craps up the entire forum.
2018-1-26
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-1-26 17:07
Seriously?
Dragging a thread back from the dead - from April 2015?

Does not matter how old the thread is, its the proof a problemn existed and the point that DJI has to take reponsibility for selling a product that does not do what it is advertised to do, for example RTH, same for any company and especially for products that pose to public safety..

The main problem with DJI is the un reliable remotes, when they work they are great but when they do not work with in 150m for whatever reason  DJI refuses to discuss this and only resort to the disrupted flight data file, i already spoke to attorneys and insurance companies in Europe that say this is a concern and there are serious fines from country to country depending on the agreements they signed, the min fines range in several million and the max a few hundred., replacing the drones that have remote issues will not change the problem, fixing it will.
2018-1-27
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

kietzmanbc Posted at 2015-4-27 09:46
Time for you to ship your (boxed) inspire back to your dealer for a refund. Many of us are using our inspires every day successfully. You have no real grounds for a class action and even if there was a class action, you would receive what??..10.00 once the lawyers dragged it out for years..by then you still have nothing to show for it. Take it out of the box and fly it or send it back. I am sick of the negativity. Use the thing instead of complaining about it. My point is, you have a choice..either use it and enjoy the features as they come or send it back..

companies get fined for millions in class actions depending on the deceptive practice, for deliberately ignoring a customer issue, ignoring a public safety issue, insulting the customer or cyber stalking them with a paid cyber army, all these possibilities are investigated with a class action, if the victim of deceptive business practices finds other customers who are applicable for the class action you made a moron out of yourself for interfering because class actions are in YOUR best interest to see improvements with customer support so why not respect everyone equally and leave your love for a brand name company out of it., unless your willing to pay the person for their losses that is. ;)

P.S. and you guessed it if you thought i was the latest victim of the DJI remote cover up scam, even the link they sent for a perticipation to share my experience with customner services DOES NOT WORK https://survey.djicorp.com/quest ... L&agent=NaoemeT because they already filled it out themselves!

try it again https://survey.djicorp.com/quest ... L&agent=NaoemeT
2018-1-27
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

doctrrf Posted at 2015-4-28 09:52
No. Firmware enforced No-Fly-Zones is a DJI invention. Same as the 500m altitude limit. DJI has added No-Fly-Zones primarily to placate government policy makers and the general public too.
I heard DJI is thinking about adding an alcohol breathalyzer test function on the controller next, flashes warning: “You’re Too High To Fly” if you fail the test and then locks the motors (kidding, at this time).

if an accident takes place police have to file a conclusion, impose fines for breach of air space (example flying too far, too high in zone a,b,c,etc), if DJI can not explain why their aircraft did not RTH, did not obey the remote and it is not the pilots fault (as in my case) they are responsible not only for replacing or refunding the customer but addressing the issue for public safety.

If the pilot is not at fault and the drones fly away the manufacture faces  investigation into the reasons it did so, for example in my case with the DJI spark where my remote stopped communicating with the drone only 134m from me over a lake on a perfect day with 64% battery leaving the drone in autopilot mode flying away and obviously disrupting the flight log which show a perfect flight with no warnings, which is actually normal since the issue was the remote un sycned itself and caused the issue, DJI refused to discuss what the alert from the remote meant and resorted to using the flight log to only inform me and the local military police that they did not know why the RTH function did not work.

A manufacture selling a product that does not know why a vehicle they sell goes astray is a deep concern for public safety and is subjected to fines https://www.lexology.com/library ... c-bfde-ed40088fb961  replacing the product is not going to fix this s he mavic air also uses wifi and could possibly result in a glitch to faulty firmware updates or signals interfering with the remote itself coming from other wifi boxes near by leaving the public at risk.

The fines for violating airspace are the same for the subject above as in this link https://www.recode.net/2017/1/17 ... es-illegally-skypan and i am told pilots should not be responsible for renegade drones, cars or motocycles and authorities such as the FAA and the EU do conduct investigations also for deceptive practices on all levels when the companies try to cover up responsibility., so wether it is GoPro, Apple, Google and Microsoft etc all of them where finds in the past for cyber bullying customers talking about issues online to avoid been accountable at the risk of the public's safety, just read how GoPro customers where treated before the recall.

2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules