Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009829 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-2-8 23:19
Ok...with the pro and without the Go app you get limited to about 60 feet in distance...you have any range issues with the controller and goggles without the app? Thanks

Yeah, the later firmware introduced a 'feature' that locks you into beginner mode if you don't have the Go app running.  If you launch with just the goggles and no app, your AC is locked into beginner mode and restricted to 50m.  
To bypass that restriction, I don't generally take off or land with the goggles down.  I will take off with the controller/phone, fly to where I'm shooting, and then disconnect the phone, plug in the goggles and flip them down.  Then when I'm done, I'll fly home, flip up the goggles, unplug them, and plug the phone back in for the landing.  You could, however, switch to goggles immediately after take off and get the same benefit.

2018-2-9
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneAcademy.Com Posted at 2018-2-9 08:11
Yeah, the later firmware introduced a 'feature' that locks you into beginner mode if you don't have the Go app running.  If you launch with just the goggles and no app, your AC is locked into beginner mode and restricted to 50m.  
To bypass that restriction, I don't generally take off or land with the goggles down.  I will take off with the controller/phone, fly to where I'm shooting, and then disconnect the phone, plug in the goggles and flip them down.  Then when I'm done, I'll fly home, flip up the goggles, unplug them, and plug the phone back in for the landing.  You could, however, switch to goggles immediately after take off and get the same benefit.

I think this came in last year summer with a GO4 update, the user had to be logged into their account to obtain more distance.

For goggle users would it be possible for DJI to allow the mobile device to connect to the controller via wifi and the goggles to plug into the controller (wired) allowing video through both???? Not sure it would be possible but would be better than only seeing one device at a time.

Alan M
2018-2-9
Use props
fansb49ed691
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got this to work, but question - is there any way to see the map when you have the goggles on?
2018-2-9
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

Success in video feed with the new FW update. Don’t think the head tracking is working, but all i have been able to do is update the FW, connect to drone, goggles, and test— not gonna get a chance ro fly this weekend at all. But even if it isn’t working, I look at all these issues as baby steps.  I know most folk want everything to work perfectly straight out of the box, but with this much technonogy, it takes time to work the kinks out.  

Patience, grashoppers. All will be right with a little time.
2018-2-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alan M Posted at 2018-2-9 08:30
I think this came in last year summer with a GO4 update, the user had to be logged into their account to obtain more distance.

For goggle users would it be possible for DJI to allow the mobile device to connect to the controller via wifi and the goggles to plug into the controller (wired) allowing video through both???? Not sure it would be possible but would be better than only seeing one device at a time.

Yea..it was an issue with Mav...I was wondering if they remedied it with the Air...haven’t flown it with the goggles yet
2018-2-9
Use props
Sidsaccount
lvl.1
Hong Kong

So the DJI RACING EDITION works with the Mavic Air now?
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules