What software is everybody using to edit their videos?
1339 15 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

I would like to edit my videos.  Add some music and delete some parts of the video.  
And also combine some videos.  

Any suggestions?  
Free is better! Lol
2018-1-31
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Davinci resolve i did use when I just was starting, allot of good tutorials on youtube.
Nowadays I'm using adobe premiere, not free but you can have try for 1 week, also allot of tutorials on youtube.
So before you download any program, try to find tutorials on youtube, this will save you time to learn the basics.

What you are looking for is a very basic program, any program can do this kind edit work.
Free:
hitfilm express
shortcut
Davinci resolve
2018-1-31
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Final Cut Pro X. Editing on iMac. Cost about $400. If you don't need a complex program you can use iMovie.
2018-1-31
Use props
VLOGNOSIS
lvl.3
United States

Hitfilm Express. Adobe got too greedy & I no longer give them my money. Hitfilm is like Premiere and AfterEffetcs combined, yet even better. And you can upgrade to Pro at any time, get more features, and retain all your original files and settings.

I also like DaVinci Resolve, but it requires top shelf tech ($$$) to run smoothly.
2018-1-31
Use props
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

Awesome!  
Thank you all!!!
2018-1-31
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Using a Mac? iMovie is free and a great starter program.

PC or Mac:
Premiere is what I use. Getting the Adobe suite you get Lightroom and photoshop too for photo editing. $50 a month for the suite. You could buy just Premiere I think individual programs from Adobe are $10 a month. They have discounts if you are a student. I know it's not free. Also, not very easy to use if you are jumping into editing for the first time. But, starting with the industry standard allows you to go further in the future. instead of learning a new program when the free programs can't do all you need it to.
2018-1-31
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

buying the Adobe Creative suite with Lightroom and Premiere was the best thing i ever did
2018-1-31
Use props
Peaugh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105295 ft
United States

Thanks for the thread, will look into a couple of the suggested programs!
2018-1-31
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

I bought Corel's stuff. Sooo slooow. Even starting up is slow and I have a pretty fair computer. I wanted to recommend them because I used to have Corel Draw and Painter in the past, which I really enjoyed. But I'm not yet loving VideoStudio or PaintShop.

DaVinci was interesting and there's a free, slightly hobbled version.

I used to have Sony (now Vegas) movie studio and I really liked it a lot. Same general workflow but a pretty smooth and stable experience back then.

I think that's all I've worked with. I paid for the Corel stuff so I'll stick with it for a while.
2018-1-31
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

iMovie is a good starting point, there are a few missing features compared with final cut but at the moment it is enough for me and its free which is nice after spending £1500 on a drone
2018-2-1
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

for Mac there is a free version of iMovies very very good program
2018-2-5
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

If you're buying the Adobe Suite, do a google search as there's a coupon/link that'll get you it for £32 a month instead of £50 or the equivalent in your currency. It works for upgrades too, I upgraded my photographer package the other week. When upgrading I had to use their chat and explain I wanted the deal and they where absolutely fine about it and just needed to provide them my details.
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Adobe Premiere and Apple iMovie.  Depends on what kind of project and what kind of time framed I have to get things done.  I really love Premiere but there is a steep learning curve.  Also it is like learning a foreign language.  You have to use it regularly or you loose your skills somewhat.
2018-2-5
Use props
mdifilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12195 ft
United States

I use premiere cc2017/2018. You can get free hitfilm software or the free davinci resolve.
2018-2-5
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Premiere CS6.  Can't afford to keep up with the latest edition of Adobe.  Too bad because the editing technology moves fast.
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

premier can be standalone monthly $20US.  i missed this when i looked at packages, not too bad.

i use cyberlink power director which is very good.  just switched to premier last week after a few demos of other products, including corel.  

looks like i will stick with premier though, it's like photoshop, one app to rule them all.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules