CrytalSky U 7.85 update Precise Fly Database - won't
1076 8 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have to keep ignoring the update precise database as I can't get it to download and install.

This is where a MANUAL would be nice.  So I can read how to do this. At home I connect to my wifi, start up drone, RC, and CS.  DJIGo4 loads and then asks me to update.  Zero data downloads after 10 min.

Any help would be appreciated

Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
After latest firmware update ( I updated Feb 13, 2018) and the CS update to the Android operating system.  The precise database loaded and no messages after that.

2018-1-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure, but maybe you need a gps connection, have your tried the update outside, hot spotted to your phone
2018-1-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-31 14:45
Not sure, but maybe you need a gps connection, have your tried the update outside, hot spotted to your phone

Thanks for your input.  I have gps both in my room and outside.  I tried to do a hotspot, but could not connect one.

With wifi connected to CrystalSky and both RC & Mavic Pro connected.  It says downloading and then counter stays at zero.

God, I wish they had a manual on the CS, not that crap starter booklet.

I'm over a year on the Mavic Pro, and this is the first time I have been frustrated.  I even tried doing an update with my Samung S7 phone and it did full update.  I still get update "precise fly  ... and have to ignore it.
2018-2-6
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. I just keep hitting Ignore
2018-2-6
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2018-2-6 07:49
Thanks for your input.  I have gps both in my room and outside.  I tried to do a hotspot, but could not connect one.

With wifi connected to CrystalSky and both RC & Mavic Pro connected.  It says downloading and then counter stays at zero.

Did you try to connect AC to DJI Assistant2 on PC/Mac?
I could make the update this way.
2018-2-6
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JMR58 Posted at 2018-2-6 08:29
Did you try to connect AC to DJI Assistant2 on PC/Mac?
I could make the update this way.

Yes I did, it was after updating that the precise fly database thing came up.  Later I updated again, using my phone.  In both cases it updated fine.  But apparently either not the database or a flag that causes the prompt.

------------------------
since this post, the firmware was updated and fixed the issue
2018-2-6
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed that when I'm home messing around with settings and such,

connected to the house WIFI,

it doesn't prompt for the update.

When I go out and have no WIFI on it does prompt.
2018-2-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Pauxier Posted at 2018-2-6 10:42
I've noticed that when I'm home messing around with settings and such,

connected to the house WIFI,

I've also noticed the same thing : network providing by my house wifi spot doesn't match well with Crystalsky... that's what I've called "3) Crystalsky wifi is very poor." in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-130125-1-1.html

That's also why I need 4G dongle feature but it doesn t work.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-126259-1-1.html
2018-2-6
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In case you didn't see my update to the post.  The update to the Android operating system in  CS and the firmware update to the Mavic Pro appears to have fixed the probelm.  I was able to update the database and don't get anymore messages to do that.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules