Cannot activate Mavic Air
9232 9 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

I cannot activate Mavic Air on my iPhone X running the latest iOS 11.2.

The activate button is blue, then goes gray. It sits there for 40 minutes nothing happens. I've restarted the drone, the app, and everything.
I just installed DJI Assistant on my Mac but that gives me a blank screen after selecting the Mavic Air.

How am I supposed to activate?

2018-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Dumb question -- do you have an internet connection when attempting this?
2018-1-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are using the latest version for the Mac it was only made available today, V1.2.2? I had no problem with the combination you described, it wanted updating before it would activate, activation took about 5 mins, I worked on the servers would be busy with all the new Airs being activated. I have just tried connecting to the aircraft directly to the iMac, no problem. The remote version is V01.00.0000 & the aircraft is V01.00.0100. On another note I don't think you can activate using Assistant 2
2018-1-31
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

Make sure you have the latest and correct version of the DJI Go app installed on your device. There's an app for drones before the P4 and after the P4. You need to use the one after P4. I literally just did this myself trying to activate my mavic as I only had the P3 before that. Might be something to look for.
2018-1-31
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you try hitting the CHANGE email button to verify you're logged in.  I ran into an issue (since I had a previous Spark) where my email was already filled in at the activation screen but I wasn't actually LOGGED in.  This caused the activation to time out, do nothing, grey button forever.  It wasn't until I hit the CHANGE email button that I was taken to the next screen indicating I wasn't logged in.  Once I signed in, boom, good to go.

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to reconnect the drone, RC and app, make sure the internet connection, then see if you can go into the camera view and the operates the drone normally or the activation popped up again. Or if you have an Android device, you can also try to connect to an Android device to try on.
And for the DJI Assistant 2, may I know which version you are running with? Please ensure it is v1.2.2 and downloaded from the official website. See if it works. If it doesn't work, please kindly provide me with a picture of this case. Thank you in advance.
2018-2-1
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

Btw I ended up resolving this by using my wife's phone for the activation. I didn't realize my iPhone had upgraded to iOS 11.3beta. Apparently DJI doesn't let you activate in the latest beta. All fixed now. thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions.
2018-2-3
Use props
iherok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474934 ft
Australia

Simply log out of your dji account and log back in. Then try again.
2018-8-27
Use props
fansbd2442eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47198 ft
United States

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-1-31 14:42
Make sure you try hitting the CHANGE email button to verify you're logged in.  I ran into an issue (since I had a previous Spark) where my email was already filled in at the activation screen but I wasn't actually LOGGED in.  This caused the activation to time out, do nothing, grey button forever.  It wasn't until I hit the CHANGE email button that I was taken to the next screen indicating I wasn't logged in.  Once I signed in, boom, good to go.

HE IS 100 % CORRECT !!!
2019-3-27
Use props
djiuser_wxuuiRQGlqx2
New

Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 18:29
Hi there, please try to reconnect the drone, RC and app, make sure the internet connection, then see if you can go into the camera view and the operates the drone normally or the activation popped up again. Or if you have an Android device, you can also try to connect to an Android device to try on.
And for the DJI Assistant 2, may I know which version you are running with? Please ensure it is v1.2.2 and downloaded from the official website. See if it works. If it doesn't work, please kindly provide me with a picture of this case. Thank you in advance.

Hi Thor I wanted to see if you could possibly help me with my Mavic Air-2, I updated the firm ware and was trying to activate the drone by it will continuously gives me a SERVER Error activation failed check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (Error code 0xfff).
Ive tried to update the  version of aircraft Firmware from 01.00.0108 But it wont allow since it cant get pass the activation of the aircraft.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules