First Person View (FPV) for Spark?
12273 11 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
"Maverick"1776
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

I'm curious if anyone here has any experience flying the Spark in first person view mode (FPV) using any third party iPhone apps with third party virtual reality goggles? I'm not yet ready to invest in DJI's official goggles, but am still interested in trying something similiar out to get a feel.
Appreciate your thoughts and recommendations!

2018-1-31
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

You may like vr pro for spark (cheap) or litchi (not so cheap).
The first one is free, except for the goggle view.
2018-1-31
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

get the dji goggles , fpv is awesome then theres head tracking and plenty of the old white dji goggles are being sold second hand as owners upgrade to the black edition
2018-1-31
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

I personally would recommend a drone with a higher quality such as the Mavic air.
2018-1-31
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I use my Epson BT-300 glasses with my Spark, works a treat.

Here is a good review from Ed Ricker on the glasses, much better, more flexible and a smaller lighter form factor than the DJI goggles, a bit more expensive though.

2018-1-31
Use props
"Maverick"1776
Second Officer
United States

heliman Posted at 2018-1-31 13:00
You may like vr pro for spark (cheap) or litchi (not so cheap).
The first one is free, except for the goggle view.

Which one do you prefer and why?
2018-2-1
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

I have a second drone, the Bebop 2, which came with FPV goggles, but they are "empty" goggles, i.e. the image is provided by your phone, and the goggles are more like a helmet to hold your phone. This means that they can be used with any drone, provided you have an app that generates the twin images you need. So I've used VR Pro to fly FPV a few times, it works flawlessly and even uses the iPhone's sensors to adjust the camera angle when you move your head up or down, which is pretty cool, and you can switch to your phone's camera view if you need to see what's happening around you (instead of lifting the goggles).

I like FPV flying, but most of the time I don't bother getting the goggles out, it's just simpler without them. However, I've heard that the DJI goggles provide a much better FPV experience, so I would really need to have a test-flight to decide if it's worth several hundred dollars. Based on my experience, it's nice, but not worth that much.
2018-2-1
Use props
"Maverick"1776
Second Officer
United States

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-1 22:19
I have a second drone, the Bebop 2, which came with FPV goggles, but they are "empty" goggles, i.e. the image is provided by your phone, and the goggles are more like a helmet to hold your phone. This means that they can be used with any drone, provided you have an app that generates the twin images you need. So I've used VR Pro to fly FPV a few times, it works flawlessly and even uses the iPhone's sensors to adjust the camera angle when you move your head up or down, which is pretty cool, and you can switch to your phone's camera view if you need to see what's happening around you (instead of lifting the goggles).

I like FPV flying, but most of the time I don't bother getting the goggles out, it's just simpler without them. However, I've heard that the DJI goggles provide a much better FPV experience, so I would really need to have a test-flight to decide if it's worth several hundred dollars. Based on my experience, it's nice, but not worth that much.

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try out VR Pro and I agree with you, wish there was some way to try out DJI's Goggles before spending several hundred dollars.
2018-2-2
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

"Maverick"1776 Posted at 2018-2-1 16:20
Which one do you prefer and why?

I can’t say, because I don’t have litchi and and only use vr pro without goggles.
(I use it instead of the go app to avoid message obstructions).
2018-2-2
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

"Maverick"1776 Posted at 2018-2-1 16:20
Which one do you prefer and why?

Maybe there are videos on youtube that explain (and show) the advantages and drawbacks of each of these two?
2018-2-2
Use props
JCPEREIR
lvl.4
Portugal

heliman Posted at 2018-2-2 12:34
I can’t say, because I don’t have litchi and and only use vr pro without goggles.
(I use it instead of the go app to avoid message obstructions).

hello,
how do i search at play store? Can you tell me the name of that app?
2018-2-2
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

vr pro is for ios only.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules