Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-5 18:35
Jeff,

I ordered PolarPro Cinema Series Six Pack and Cinema Series Limited Collection on 1/31. Are these still shipping to US customers on 2/7? I've seen some of your other posts stating that shipments to preorder customers have already gone out or are going out early?

I bought the exact same kit. Jeff did say that they are shipping it today (Feb 5) earlier than expected. I haven't gotten a tracking number though. I also paid additional for expedited shipping.
2018-2-5
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-5 20:59
I bought the exact same kit. Jeff did say that they are shipping it today (Feb 5) earlier than expected. I haven't gotten a tracking number though. I also paid additional for expedited shipping.

Same here regarding expedited shipping. No tracking # either. I’m hoping to get these before the weekend, fingers crossed.
2018-2-5
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

I ordered PGY Tech ones from Amazon Germany as I live in Europe and these are already shipping here.
Here is the link to UK amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TXXCI-P ... s=pgytech+mavic+air

The Polar Pro is difficult to get here right now and are much more expensive. I also would like to have a set from 4 to 32, but PolarPro set is  from 4 to 16 and if you want a 32  you must buy additional 4 filters (32, 32 PL, 64 & 64 PL)

I am afraid, the filters will arrive before my Red Mavic Air FMC, as it hasn't even started moving from China, but filters are already on its way...
2018-2-6
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-5 22:02
Same here regarding expedited shipping. No tracking # either. I’m hoping to get these before the weekend, fingers crossed.

I got my tracking today! I paid for expedited shipping and USPS First Class Mail was used... which is basically 1-3 business days.
2018-2-6
Use props
Pebowski
lvl.2
Austria

AM0 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:37
I ordered PGY Tech ones from Amazon Germany as I live in Europe and these are already shipping here.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TXXCI-PGYTECH-Filter-Filters-Quadcopter/dp/B079HSSHWY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517931059&sr=8-3&keywords=pgytech+mavic+air

Are the PGY Tech filters are for screwing or attaching (schrauben oder aufstecken)? I haven't find out yet.

Regards,
Peter
2018-2-13
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Estonia

Pebowski Posted at 2018-2-13 02:31
Are the PGY Tech filters are for screwing or attaching (schrauben oder aufstecken)? I haven't find out yet.

Regards,

I would guess they are screw on as the DJI has designed a unscrewable collar for filters.
Here is a video that show how it works with original DJI ND filters:

My PGY Tech ones are still in transit, so as soon as I get these and a Mavic Air, which is also still in transit, I'll let you know :-)
2018-2-13
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

phatee Posted at 2018-2-1 18:42
hey jeff, will i be able keep the ND filter on when i put on the gimbal cover?

I can personally vouch (MA received 5 Feb; PP ND Filters [Cinema Series, Shutter Collection]) received 10 Feb just in time for first flight!) that the stock DJI MA gimbal cover fits just fine over the PP filters; no issues whatsoever. I had earlier asked the same question out of the same concern (didn't relish taking filters off every single blasted time before putting her away after a day of flying) in another thread somewhere and Jeff responded with a definite affirmative. One that I can now verify myself. Nice work DJI and Polar Pro!!
2018-2-13
Use props
Pebowski
lvl.2
Austria

AM0 Posted at 2018-2-13 06:07
I would guess they are screw on as the DJI has designed a unscrewable collar for filters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HnkSF1DYLA

Yes, I asked for this reason, because when you look at the PGY filters, you see that the front is smaller than the back, so maybe they are not for screwing.
2018-2-13
Use props
Joshua Carlton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-5 16:58
We provide production grade glass, lifetime warranties, and outstanding customer service instead of discount codes
-Jeff from PolarPro

Damn right you do! Polar Pro has been nothing but amazing for me.  Other companies should watch and learn how to run a business the right way.
2018-2-13
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183704 ft
Sweden

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-1 07:50
Our filters have already started shipping.

These filters are direct replacements of the counterweight on the lens, guaranteed to be compatible with the gimbal. They weigh 0.59 grams.

Jeff, do you have any partners/official dealers in Sweden?

If so, when would you guess they have it in stock. Interesterd in the Cinema vivid filters.
2018-2-14
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-14 02:19
Jeff, do you have any partners/official dealers in Sweden?

If so, when would you guess they have it in stock. Interesterd in the Cinema vivid filters.

The Cinema Series Vivid collection sold out much quicker than we thought. Our Norway reseller https://www.scandinaviandrone.se/ also sells into Sweden received their first order of CS 6packs and LTD collections.

You could also order on our site (I think we have about 50 Vivid collections left) Shipping to Sweden is $14.99 and takes about 10 to 14 days.
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... rs-vivid-collection

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

2018-2-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-14 08:49
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Do you know if any UK stockists have received stock Jeff?
2018-2-14
Use props
Pebowski
lvl.2
Austria

AM0 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:37
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TXXCI-PGYTECH-Filter-Filters-Quadcopter/dp/B079HSSHWY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517931059&sr=8-3&keywords=pgytech+mavic+air

PP now offer on their website individual packages with 3, 4 or 6 filters of your choice:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ers-and-accessories
Just scroll to the end of the page.
2018-2-14
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

The Cinema Series Vivid collection sold out much quicker than we thought. Our Norway reseller https://www.scandinaviandrone.se/ also sells into Sweden received their first order of CS 6packs and LTD collections.

You could also order on our site (I think we have about 50 Vivid collections left) Shipping to Sweden is $14.99 and takes about 10 to 14 days.

Thank you for your answer, ordered from your site. Due in 3-5 days.
2018-2-14
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

You could also order on our site (I think we have about 50 Vivid collections left) Shipping to Sweden is $14.99 and takes about 10 to 14 days.

Another Question Jeff, Im using a android phone and your polarpro app looks quite diffrent from the iphone version, will you update this or ?
2018-2-15
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-15 00:35
Another Question Jeff, Im using a android phone and your polarpro app looks quite diffrent from the iphone version, will you update this or ?

Yes, the Android build is about 1.5 months behind the IOS, our developers are working on it. We have more IOS users so we built that out first. The Android update will be complete pretty soon here.
Thanks for supporting our brand!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-15
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-14 10:09
Do you know if any UK stockists have received stock Jeff?

I would keep an eye on RCGeeks.co.uk
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-15
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

AM0 Posted at 2018-2-13 06:07
I would guess they are screw on as the DJI has designed a unscrewable collar for filters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HnkSF1DYLA

Nice video! It would be great if you could compare these to the PGY filters!
2018-2-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-15 07:31
I would keep an eye on RCGeeks.co.uk
-Jeff from PolarPro

Great thanks, already have stock update email enabled on there
2018-2-15
Use props
ml71
lvl.3
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-1 07:50
Our filters have already started shipping.

These filters are direct replacements of the counterweight on the lens, guaranteed to be compatible with the gimbal. They weigh 0.59 grams.

Jeff...I'm a lazy amateur who would like one Mavic Air filter to do it all. Install once and leave it. What do you suggest?  I realize this might not be possible, but is there a filter I should look at that would be better than nothing? Thanks
2018-2-15
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ml71 Posted at 2018-2-15 09:06
Jeff...I'm a lazy amateur who would like one Mavic Air filter to do it all. Install once and leave it. What do you suggest?  I realize this might not be possible, but is there a filter I should look at that would be better than nothing? Thanks

There really is not a one filter fits all, you will need different filters for different lighting conditions. Generally I don't shoot mid day so I am mainly using ND8's and ND16's on the Mavic air. Those would be good ones to start with to get your shutter speed locked at double frame rate. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy to help!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-15
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-5 16:58
We provide production grade glass, lifetime warranties, and outstanding customer service instead of discount codes
-Jeff from PolarPro

Nailed it.  Glad to see a company who believes in themselves.  Biggest marketing mistake companies make is to cheapen their product by reducing prices.  Good economic strategies dictate raise your prices when you want to really make yourself indispensable to the public.  Human nature is to want to say we bought the best.
2018-2-16
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Pebowski Posted at 2018-2-13 02:31

Regards,

Hi Peter,

They are to be screwed. I got mine last week to Munich. Great quality an remarkable magnetic travel case.

Best regards, Alexander
PS. I also got the landing legs from them, these are grat also
2018-2-17
Use props
Pebowski
lvl.2
Austria

Webcruise Posted at 2018-2-17 02:35
Hi Peter,

They are to be screwed. I got mine last week to Munich. Great quality an remarkable magnetic travel case.

Thank you for the info. Maybe I buy them also.
2018-2-17
Use props
imnopilot
lvl.2
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-3 10:28
Yah absolutely!
We are working on the install videos now.

Any tips on how to remove the original filter that comes shipped on the camera? Mine is twisted on tight af.
2018-2-18
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Getting my Polarpro Cinematic vivids tomorrow (if to belive DHLs estimated time). Ill post my experience with them after.
2018-2-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Hey guys check out my review on the polar pro shutter series collection for the mavic air....also review some pp accessories

.p.s yes i was freezing lol! Hope u like
https://youtu.be/2psTHgNp74g
2018-2-18
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

imnopilot Posted at 2018-2-18 09:43
Any tips on how to remove the original filter that comes shipped on the camera? Mine is twisted on tight af.

Here is an install video that covers it.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-18
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Polar Pro,

I've been using circular polarizing filters for my semi-professional photography for years and know the effect of a CP filter varies greatly with the angle from the sun, typically 90 degrees perpendicular to the sun yields the greatest effect reducing glare. So this leads me to suggest that a polarizing filter on a drone that is constantly moving would result in wide swings in exposure as the drone turns making a polarizing filter on a drone a bad idea.

Am I wrong, what am I missing?

Rich
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

imnopilot Posted at 2018-2-18 09:43
Any tips on how to remove the original filter that comes shipped on the camera? Mine is twisted on tight af.

I have just tried it. Just with my fingers was hopeless, but the rubberband as shown in the video above did it well after two or three tries.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-2-18 13:16
Hey guys check out my review on the polar pro shutter series collection for the mavic air....also review some pp accessories

.p.s yes i was freezing lol! Hope u like

I would recommend to never use the link that Youtube provides you during upload but the real one once all is done and you have logged out. Then it will look like this in your posts:

Better, isn't it? ;-)
2018-2-19
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RC Geeks now have filters in stock and also some showing on Amazon for those in the UK still looking for the Polar Pro kits.
2018-2-21
Use props
Gorzula
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1014 ft

Poland

got them Polars yesterday from my dji reseller - does anyone know does it put extra stress on the gimbal? or is it perfectly safe to use every day?
2018-2-22
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gorzula Posted at 2018-2-22 03:20
got them Polars yesterday from my dji reseller - does anyone know does it put extra stress on the gimbal? or is it perfectly safe to use every day?

Jeff from PP said they are fine. They way something like 0.6g and have been designed to work properly. Given there is a threaded barrel for them, DJI must have designed the gimbal to take them.
2018-2-22
Use props
the7orro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3658 ft
Austria

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-1 15:08
Most of our UK dealers will be getting very limited stock next week.
Keep an eye on RCgeeks, they should be getting stock soon:
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/index.php?route=product/isearch&search=mavic%20air

hi jeff -many thx for all your help and infos!
would you know any good shops in austria or germany - thx
2018-2-24
Use props
takdou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78763 ft
Germany

the7orro Posted at 2018-2-24 23:48
hi jeff -many thx for all your help and infos!
would you know any good shops in austria or germany - thx

I cheked www.camforpro.com. And PP Filters are on stocks
2018-2-25
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gorzula Posted at 2018-2-22 03:20
got them Polars yesterday from my dji reseller - does anyone know does it put extra stress on the gimbal? or is it perfectly safe to use every day?

We guarantee our filters to be perfectly compatible, We stress test them during the design phase and anything that makes it to market has passed Happy to answer any other questions -Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-25
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Estonia

I got my ND filters today, but I can't unscrew the original lens ring.
I tried with bare hands and with rubber gloves. No success.
Has anybody found any new tricks to loosen the ring for a first time?
2018-3-4
Use props
fans9bb1f407
New

Poland

AM0 Posted at 2018-3-4 10:18
I got my ND filters today, but I can't unscrew the original lens ring.
I tried with bare hands and with rubber gloves. No success.
Has anybody found any new tricks to loosen the ring for a first time?

Unfortunatelly i had same problem. I cant unscrew my cap. I try do it with rubber and latex gloves with different pressure :-(
2018-3-4
Use props
DavidTKeane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2444 ft

exos Posted at 2018-1-31 13:13
I saw some MA ND filters available already from Polar and Sandmark

https://www.sandmarc.com/products/aerial-filters-dji-mavic-air

Thanks for these links!
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced