Mavic Air ND Filters
12Next >
11736 79 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GVes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does anyone know when will the DJI ND filters come in stock ? I bough the Flymore combo, but it didn't come with any filters and now all my footage looks choppy cause of high shutter speeds. Also what is your opinion on third-party filters? I had a couple PolarPro filters for my P3P back in the day and they broke my gimbal cause they were too heavy for the stabilizing motors - has quality ( specifically weight ) improved with such filters that one can purchase those instead of the DJI ones without worry for breaking their new drone ?
2018-1-31
Use props
lcw1982
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80522 ft
United States

i tried to look for ND Filters on amazon but seems that none has been released yet. Many need to wait a couple of weeks before more Mavic Air accessories become available.
2018-1-31
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

I saw some MA ND filters available already from Polar and Sandmark

https://www.sandmarc.com/products/aerial-filters-dji-mavic-air
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ers-and-accessories
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

exos Posted at 2018-1-31 13:13
I saw some MA ND filters available already from Polar and Sandmark

https://www.sandmarc.com/products/aerial-filters-dji-mavic-air

Cinema six-pack look very nice - I'd get those for sure.
2018-1-31
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our filters have already started shipping.

These filters are direct replacements of the counterweight on the lens, guaranteed to be compatible with the gimbal. They weigh 0.59 grams.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... rs-vivid-collection

Let us know if you have any questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_3FuCJGtYWfKP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193264 ft
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-1 07:50

These filters are direct replacements of the counterweight on the lens, guaranteed to be compatible with the gimbal. They weigh 0.59 grams.

Any recommended UK stockists for these?
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_3FuCJGtYWfKP Posted at 2018-2-1 13:51

I get all my Polar Gear from Amazon UK
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_3FuCJGtYWfKP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193264 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 13:55
I get all my Polar Gear from Amazon UK

Yeah, I saw they do some other gear, guess I'll just have to wait for Amazon UK to get the new stock in.
2018-2-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3FuCJGtYWfKP Posted at 2018-2-1 13:51

Most of our UK dealers will be getting very limited stock next week.
Keep an eye on RCgeeks, they should be getting stock soon:
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/index. ... ;search=mavic%20air

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-1
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656394 ft
United States

These filters are direct replacements of the counterweight on the lens, guaranteed to be compatible with the gimbal. They weigh 0.59 grams.

Bought the Cinema series vivid yesterday and they'll be here Saturday!!!
2018-2-1
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-1 15:08
Keep an eye on RCgeeks, they should be getting stock soon:
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/index.php?route=product/isearch&search=mavic%20air

hey jeff, will i be able keep the ND filter on when i put on the gimbal cover?
2018-2-1
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I bought vivid cinema collection and they are already arrived at my country, I will have them today!!!
2018-2-1
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Anyone has an idea  where to get them in germany? Or do you ship to germany aswell PolarPro Jeff?
2018-2-1
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-1 23:33
Anyone has an idea  where to get them in germany? Or do you ship to germany aswell PolarPro Jeff?

yes!! It will shipped to Germany.... I bought them from the PolarPro website directly and they shipped from the US.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep an eye on RCgeeks, they should be getting stock soon:

Thanks for this
2018-2-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kune Posted at 2018-2-1 23:35
yes!! It will shipped to Germany.... I bought them from the PolarPro website directly and they shipped from the US.

Nice, if you have them please tell how you like them.
2018-2-2
Use props
fans2a1278a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546138 ft
United States

Will the Polar filters from Mavic Pro fit the Air?
2018-2-2
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

fans2a1278a7 Posted at 2018-2-2 08:31
Will the Polar filters from Mavic Pro fit the Air?

No. You need a new ones.
2018-2-2
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546138 ft
United States

Kune Posted at 2018-2-2 10:45
No. You need a new ones.

Thanks 3 pack ordered Polar Vivid 4/8/16 PL
2018-2-2
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Keep an eye on RCgeeks, they should be getting stock soon:

Hi Jeff...

I received the filters yesterday and I trying to figure out how they work.
Is there any video where I can see how to attach them into mavic air gimbal?

It's not clear to me how to do it. I expect to receive my mavic air next week, but meanwhile I want to make sure that I know how to attach them properly to avoid any damage.
According to the instructions,  the stock UV Filter installed in the camera should be unscrew from the gimbal first....  if so, It would be nice to have some videotutorials about how to do it.
2018-2-3
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kune Posted at 2018-2-3 04:14
Hi Jeff...

I received the filters yesterday and I trying to figure out how they work.

Yah absolutely!
We are working on the install videos now.

Install is very easy, unthread the front element on the camera and thread our filter on, in its place

We should have an install up by mid week.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-3 10:28
Yah absolutely!
We are working on the install videos now.

Thanks for this clarification. Looking at the camera I was wondering how they could be fixed on it. My order will come :-)
2018-2-3
Use props
ACSA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19114 ft
United States

Once you guys get a chance to try these, can you let us know the best way to take off the factory element safely?  I tried to unscrew the one on my Mavic Air, and it's really tight. I don't want to cause any issues to the gimbal by putting too much force in trying to unscrew it.  Thanks!
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

ACSA Posted at 2018-2-3 11:36
Once you guys get a chance to try these, can you let us know the best way to take off the factory element safely?  I tried to unscrew the one on my Mavic Air, and it's really tight. I don't want to cause any issues to the gimbal by putting too much force in trying to unscrew it.  Thanks!

Same here ACSA...I tried to do the same the other day just to see how it might work once my ND Filters arrive and I couldn't get it to budge. It got to the point where I felt like if I squeezed/rotated any harder, I might break the gimbal. I'm sure it was just a matter of applying a little more force but considering it was my first day with the Air, I didn't want to break it.

Hopefully the install video will shed some light on it in the off chance I may have been doing something wrong but I truly do believe it just requires more force.
2018-2-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I just placed an order (your website says pre-order) for the Cinema 6-Pack and Limited Collection Series. Your website says they start shipping on February 7, 2018?
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-3 20:31
I just placed an order (your website says pre-order) for the Cinema 6-Pack and Limited Collection Series. Your website says they start shipping on February 7, 2018?

Same here, order was placed a few days ago and it says shipping on the 7th so I was a little surprised to see others had received theirs already. All good but hope they come sooner, just the impatience in me I guess =)
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 17:43
Same here ACSA...I tried to do the same the other day just to see how it might work once my ND Filters arrive and I couldn't get it to budge. It got to the point where I felt like if I squeezed/rotated any harder, I might break the gimbal. I'm sure it was just a matter of applying a little more force but considering it was my first day with the Air, I didn't want to break it.

Hopefully the install video will shed some light on it in the off chance I may have been doing something wrong but I truly do believe it just requires more force.

Ok...I was able to get it off easily, just had to find the best potion to place Mavic Air where I could grab the gimbal easily. Keep in mind I'm left handed so this may need to be switched if you're right handed.

Looking at the front of the Mavic Air, I put it on it's backside and put it on my right leg so that the right side of the Air was facing my stomach while upside down. I held the gimbal with my right hand and then twisted the lens area with my left (rotating the lens away from my stomach, towards the left side of the Air).

Using this method, I was able to get enough torque and it came off rather easily.

I don't know if this method makes sense but ultimately the lens does come off easily as long as you've got the right positioning and grip.

Good luck!
2018-2-3
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-3 20:31
I just placed an order (your website says pre-order) for the Cinema 6-Pack and Limited Collection Series. Your website says they start shipping on February 7, 2018?

The Vivid's and Shutter's came in early so our preorder customers received them already. The 6-packs and Limited Collection will actually ship out ahead of schedule as well on Monday Feb 5th for our preorder customers

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-4
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-4 09:05
The Vivid's and Shutter's came in early so our preorder customers received them already. The 6-packs and Limited Collection will actually ship out ahead of schedule as well on Monday Feb 5th for our preorder customers

Oh wow!!! Well, this is good news then!
2018-2-4
Use props
GVes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can anyone who has received their PolarPros give us first impressions ? My main concern is the third party filter overloading the gimbal motors - had those problems with my P3P, wondering if these issues have been fixed since
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GVes Posted at 2018-2-5 07:47
Can anyone who has received their PolarPros give us first impressions ? My main concern is the third party filter overloading the gimbal motors - had those problems with my P3P, wondering if these issues have been fixed since

The filters will not overload the gimbal motors, they weight 0.59 grams. The Lens bezel they replace on the Mavic Air weighs 0.4 grams, so you are adding 0.19 grams to the gimbal. We are so confident that this will not cause any issues we will replace your gimbal / camera if you have any issues with our filters.

Regarding your P3P please send our customer service documentation on this and we would be happy to replace it.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
GVes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-5 07:54
The filters will not overload the gimbal motors, they weight 0.59 grams. The Lens bezel they replace on the Mavic Air weighs 0.4 grams, so you are adding 0.19 grams to the gimbal. We are so confident that this will not cause any issues we will replace your gimbal / camera if you have any issues with our filters.

Regarding your P3P please send our customer service documentation on this and we would be happy to replace it.

This is awesome ! Any info on when will the filters be available to UK vendors?
2018-2-5
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Where is the discount code ?
2018-2-5
Use props
fans6ad812a4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I have a set of polar pro filters. That I can sell you. text me at 727-482-7858. I cancelled my order for the Mavic Air and was going to return the filters, but if it helps you I can sell them to you at cost.
2018-2-5
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 21:14
Ok...I was able to get it off easily, just had to find the best potion to place Mavic Air where I could grab the gimbal easily. Keep in mind I'm left handed so this may need to be switched if you're right handed.

Looking at the front of the Mavic Air, I put it on it's backside and put it on my right leg so that the right side of the Air was facing my stomach while upside down. I held the gimbal with my right hand and then twisted the lens area with my left (rotating the lens away from my stomach, towards the left side of the Air).

Thanks!!!
Followed your instructions and I've been able to detach it successfully!! ;)
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GVes Posted at 2018-2-5 08:53
This is awesome ! Any info on when will the filters be available to UK vendors?

Yah we are closing in on about 2 weeks for our top UK accounts to receive stock
The only sku that might be tight is the Cinema Series Vivid Collection.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-2-5 09:35
Where is the discount code  ?

We provide production grade glass, lifetime warranties, and outstanding customer service instead of discount codes
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those of you unfamiliar with Polar Pro, I suggest you visit their website.  I use their filters on all my DJI platforms and their Customer Service is unparalleled
https://www.polarprofilters.com/
2018-2-5
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

Jeff,

I ordered PolarPro Cinema Series Six Pack and Cinema Series Limited Collection on 1/31. Are these still shipping to US customers on 2/7? I've seen some of your other posts stating that shipments to preorder customers have already gone out or are going out early?
2018-2-5
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

Kune Posted at 2018-2-5 12:51
Thanks!!!
Followed your instructions and I've been able to detach it successfully!! ;)

Awesome, glad it worked out for you!
2018-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules