How to connect an iPad mini
7432 13 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216670 ft
United States

Hi:  I received my new Mavic Air today.  The cables supplied seem to be for phones.  They are short.  How do I connect an iPad mini 4?
2018-1-31
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

Does the MA remote have normal USB connector underneath? If it does you can connect from  that to the iPad mini or you can buy a longer right angle micro usb to lightning cable...
2018-1-31
Use props
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

I am just using the charging cable comes with the ipad mini 4. Connect it to the bottom of the remote controller.

P.S. Sorry! I misread you are talking about mavic air. I am not sure if the controller has a usb port on the underneath. You can check it though.
2018-1-31
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

Ivanski Posted at 2018-1-31 16:16
I am just using the charging cable comes with the ipad mini 4. Connect it to the bottom of the remote controller.

P.S. Sorry! I misread you are talking about mavic air. I am not sure if the controller has a usb port on the underneath. You can check it though.

I'll try that, there is a USB on the controller. Thanks.
2018-1-31
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

Neroangelo Posted at 2018-1-31 16:09
Does the MA remote have normal USB connector underneath? If it does you can connect from  that to the iPad mini or you can buy a longer right angle micro usb to lightning cable...

Thanks, yes, I may have to buy a longer right angle cable.
2018-1-31
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

I received my mavic air today and the ipad mini doesn't look like its software is capable. I've used my mini 4 with mavic pro with no problem, but in list of aircraft, it does not list the mavic air
2018-1-31
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

CaptainET Posted at 2018-1-31 18:02
I received my mavic air today and the ipad mini doesn't look like its software is capable. I've used my mini 4 with mavic pro with no problem, but in list of aircraft, it does not list the mavic air

Make sure you have the correct app installed. DJI 4 Go for aircraft P4 and later and not P4 and before. That's the only time I've seen it where it does not list the appropriate aircraft.
2018-1-31
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

It's the one that worked with mavic pro, device list includes the p4, p4 pro, p4 advanced, spark, mavic pro and others . but not mavic air
2018-1-31
Use props
SrMi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, iPad Mini 4 works well with Mavic Air. I used the following cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7SP0L6
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Dennis, you can use your original lightning cable for the connection. Plug the cord in the bottom USB port, please note to remove the left cable first when connecting. Hope it helps.
2018-2-1
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 01:21
Hi Dennis, you can use your original lightning cable for the connection. Plug the cord in the bottom USB port, please note to remove the left cable first when connecting. Hope it helps.

OK, I will do that.  I will look for a shorter cable later, but for now that will work.  Thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

I still can't get mavic air to work with ipad mini 4, using same cable I used with mavic air..equipment list does not list mavic air, tried entering under mavic pro , but that didn't work
2018-2-1
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

CaptainET Posted at 2018-2-1 12:05
I still can't get mavic air to work with ipad mini 4, using same cable I used with mavic air..equipment list does not list mavic air, tried entering under mavic pro , but that didn't work

Today I used the USB out of the controller to my iPad mini 4 and it worked great.  I wonder if you should uninstall the DJI app and try again.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CaptainET Posted at 2018-2-1 12:05

You need to update the DJI Go 4 App. The Mavic Air part of the App needs to be on you Ipad. The Mavic Pro Part of the App will not run the Mavic Air

Connect your Ipad to the Internet, Go to Apps Store, Tap on Updates, Scroll down to DJI Go 4 and update the App. When you launch the App you will now see a new front splash screen and the Mavic Air Portion of the App will be installed.

Once all is plugged in and connected to your Mavic Air and powered up you might need to pull out and then plug in the Cable connecting the controller to you Ipad.

Also you will need a recent version of IOS on your Ipad.

I am using an Ipad Min 3 and it works fine so a mini 4 will be even better (You need later than IOS 9 however which you will have on a mini 4)

This should get you up and running

Dennis in the UK
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules