2665 93 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-2-1 06:16
I have a questions for these so called captains ????  What war did you serve in and what merit did you accomplish to get to become a captain?  If you are a captain then that means what?  Your better than me or rest of us? You get special privileges ?  I didn't think so!    All I know is DJI needs to wtfu and fix all these issues  with updates  & firmware issues and  have better customer service as captains , sargents or chief petty officers  I dont care  somone needs to get the lead out of there china a$$ and do something !

Technically speaking my rank is higher than Capt, however, as you pointed out I too could care less about that moniker, dji bestowed it upon us, based on nothing more than doing this...I'm hear to learn about dji uavs and the like...but admittedly I do find some, not all, of these type threads extremely amusing.  You wanna change DJI then I suggest you learn to articulate your points clearly and work within the system they have, it is their company, and if you can't then seek counsel from the professionals...but don't kid yourself that anything you do here like this is going to matter.

Now, let's see...there is the Cold war, served 4 yrs on alert
Then Desert Storm, Southern Watch, OEF, and OIF
...and sat cockpit alert on 911 for 12 hours
NONE of which matters a hill of beans here, and especially this BS thread, and it certainly gives me no authority, power, or influence with dji...but if it makes you feel better...
That enough for ya Spanky, of course you can dispute this and you probably will; if that's the case then I would refer you back to your comment #18 and tell you to take your own advice on that.
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-1 06:23
Well said noflyzone69, these captains no it all and no nothing

UHm this is the spelling police
I must cite you for misspelling 'know' TWICE and NO I don't care if you care that I care how you spelled it as I have NO interest in hearing your opinion on that, but I'm sure you will let me KNOW it anyway.
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 07:41
Next thing is accusing a captain of being paid by DJI

You mean we are NOT
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-1 07:48
All contributors are paid by DJI, posts equals points, and points equals DJI credit at one US Dollar per 180 points. Hardly a fortune (p.s you've just racked up 2.222 Cents worth :-) ).

OH yeah we are paid...but we don't make any more as Caps than the new guys...gee is that fair
After all it seems to matter to some of these folk here...

Thanks for you voice of reason Aardvark, as always a pillar of the community
2018-2-1
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

the problem is in believing that we are free

2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There not trying to keep you quite, they just moved your thread to service, I think that’s were it belongs , after all it is a service issue, getting banned is not going to help your case , it’s also not going to cause any difficulties for dji, you will be just another statistic who shot himself in the foot.

“When we get impatient because something is taking too long, we should remember that Life waits on us a thousand times more than we wait on Life.”
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ssst. Don't tell anybody
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I was being sarcastic here.
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 10:38
PS, I was being sarcastic here.

Your secret is safe with me
2018-2-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Well that was 5 minutes of my life I’m not going to get back reading through this thread. To the OP, you would be better starting threads and discussing the specific issues you have,  random rants very rarely get much done.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlanHd Posted at 2018-2-1 10:58
Well that was 5 minutes of my life I’m not going to get back reading through this thread. To the OP, you would be better starting threads and discussing the specific issues you have,  random rants very rarely get much done.

Yes but there a great excuse to get the popcorn out. Lol
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 11:04

Got that right, most fun I've had here in like ever
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-2-1 10:47
Your secret is safe with me

Thanks for that. I was worried the 'non captains' would find out
Now I'm going to enjoy my jacuzzi that I have just bought from my captain's wage
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlanHd Posted at 2018-2-1 10:58

I agree on that, but I have a feeling that won't happen.
2018-2-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Remind me why I always buy a large popcorn and halfway down the tub all I want to do is throw it away.
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Well I’m going to leave you smart asses to play with each other because your doing a great job of making me and others laugh and I have other forums where I can bash DJI and have fun, so to hell with the whole bunch I know you’ll be glad, Bitches
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:08
Well I’m going to leave you smart asses to play with each other because your doing a great job of making me and others laugh and I have other forums where I can bash DJI and have fun, so to hell with the whole bunch I know you’ll be glad, Bitches

Your intellectual superiority is...how shall I say, astounding
Bye Felicia
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

Boy you got some smarts, and thanks for the kind words, good buddy
2018-2-1
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-2-1 09:35
How's it going so far

Actually after catching up this thread has been very entertaining indeed.
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-1 12:54
Actually after catching up this thread has been very entertaining indeed.

Yup its been a hoot!  ...and I'm lovin it
2018-2-1
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I havent had this much fun watching people argue for such a long time.
It warms the heart to see that people still care.
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

Who said we care Hellsgate, please check fro spelling!!
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

“It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.”
2018-2-1
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds good i will put the kettle on
2018-2-1
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Don't go..... stay for a cucumber sandwich
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 13:52
“It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.”

Whatever you say Mr hallmark007
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-2-1 14:13
Don't go..... stay for a cucumber sandwich

I don't like bread
2018-2-1
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

Sweet... he's gone
2018-2-1
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 13:52

Impressive
2018-2-1
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting thread - still none the wiser as to what it was all about . Guess this must be the place to come to throw the dolly out of the push chair
2018-2-2
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

This captain's here are made by software algorithm.  I give a hump for their words. Off course DJI don't like getting bad wind in this forum. And off course free speech is not Wellcome.
BUT
Its our free will who makes usbuy this cre or not. If enough say " enough"  .. May dji will start to listen.. or is choosing the path of Nokia. Down the hill in pride.

Every month we have new restrictions to fly, on top the fancy firmware who makes all worse.  This toy should make fun...or there is an other one. I don't like spend money and get a booth in my ass.
2018-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

T-R Posted at 2018-2-2 02:18
This captain's here are made by software algorithm.  I give a hump for their words. Off course DJI don't like getting bad wind in this forum. And off course free speech is not Wellcome.
BUT
Its our free will who makes usbuy this cre or not. If enough say " enough"  .. May dji will start to listen.. or is choosing the path of Nokia. Down the hill in pride.

Tell us what restrictions were put on you or your aircraft, because none on mine.
2018-2-2
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-2 02:29
Tell us what restrictions were put on you or your aircraft, because none on mine.

Height, airports. So u don't have..funny "captain"
2018-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

T-R Posted at 2018-2-2 02:46
Height, airports. So u don't have..funny "captain"

There have been no restrictions put on height by dji, when you purchased your aircraft it was 500metres, , you can’t fly drones at airports unless with permission from CAA and ATC, this is not a dji restriction,
So I guess your answer is none.
2018-2-2
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

@ Hallmark - liking the quote in post#62.

Maybe this thread should be retitled - I'm throwing my teddies out the cot.

Duke123.  You lost any credibility in your arguement, the moment you started cursing and swearing, and trying to put down those who don't agree with your point of view.

Put yourself in DJI's shoes as it were.  Would you listen to someone who comes across swearing, cursing - all the while not telling us what the problem was in the first place?
2018-2-2
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

Rigger73, I'm sorry for the things I said but I'm just fed up with DJI crap customer service all this started over another thread about a controller of mine they kept and would not return, I'm not going to get back in to all that thread, but again I'm sorry this got out of control.
Chris Sr
2018-2-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

No you didn't you said:

"Its funny  ALL captains are nothing but captains of A## kissing !"

In my point of view you're just a chicken since you have to mask out what you try to say in this free world of speaking.
And so far you sound like the biggest asshole in this thread!
2018-2-2
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-2 05:41
Rigger73, I'm sorry for the things I said but I'm just fed up with DJI crap customer service all this started over another thread about a controller of mine they kept and would not return, I'm not going to get back in to all that thread, but again I'm sorry this got out of control.
Chris Sr

Duke / Chris,

It's an unfortunate event that has caused this, and possibly an expensive one for you on top.

Main thing is to learn from it.

Can you do anything differently in the future to ensure you will get your parts back?

Never assume things - if in doubt - check - and check again.

Always always read the small print too.  You never seen South Park episode regarding Apple T&C's? ;0)

If I were in your shoes, I'd maybe eat a bit of humble pie and apologise to those you vehemntly disagreed with.

I'm sure they are big enough to accept an apology in good faith with no ridicule and we can all move on, like the adults we are.
2018-2-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-2 09:59
Duke / Chris,

It's an unfortunate event that has caused this, and possibly an expensive one for you on top.

Completely agree, I know of very few, if any, that want to see someone loose a drone or get the shaft from DJI.  I believe most here want to help if they can and others just try to learn or bounce ideas and their art and work off fellow droners.
It usually only starts to go side ways when folks start throwing names at one another or making outlandish statements without any details to support their comment or point.
If you look at my early postings here, I did try to get that idea across, albeit it was not well received and maybe my delivery was not the best but it was already on its way to sideways before that.
Lastly, I am a staunch advocate of Free Speech, I committed my adult life to defending that right, and I remain committed to it today.  However, as noted here, there are limits to it, sadly, as DJI decides what's on their forum, like it or not.  However, they do demonstrate a certain tolerance, at times, as they let this thread roll on even being off topic, if there ever really was one.  
So, it comes down to what was the point...now that I better understand it I am sorry to hear about Duke's issue, can't advise him on what to do but this thread was never going to fix it even if it was better focused on the problem.  Although it could have better informed everyone on what the problem was/is.  
I wont deny that this has been fun and funny, but it was not meant to be at the expense of someone's loss or to kick anyone why they are down, sorry if that was the case from my standpoint.
There are others here that should spend a bit more time knowing what it is to be here and what it means to be here.  Especially over this rather laughable issue of captains.  From everything I know there are no captains here that are on DJI's payroll other than the points we've earned which is a greater motivator for me than what name they give me.  They need to consider that the captains that are here, for the most part, are true hobbyists or pros with a great deal of experience and have been around long enough to have built the points to gain that moniker, nothing more.  Now not all are that way, some, like myself, are very new to all this.  I've only been here since September of last year, but I have spent a lot of time reviewing things and commenting, obviously, and in short order well here I am.  I make no bones about it either, I'll tell you if I don't know something and I generally don't poke my nose in to something if I don't know what I'm talking about unless I have a question about it.  I also have learned who is who here as far as who does know what they are talking about and I'll tell you that if they have not already weighed in on it.  Not everyone has great bedside manners here, and maybe forums bring out the worst in some, but most will help if you are willing to ask and listen to what they have to say, but you only have to do what you want in the end it is your property.
Good day and Fly Safe!
2018-2-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules