Lightbridge and Alexmos gimbal control
4070 2 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marek.przybyt
New

Poland

I have a self made octocopter with A2 controller. Gibal is based on alexmos unit (accepts typical PWM control signals) Till now I just used two 2.4 GHz controllers one for fligh another and one for gimbal control. Using lightbridge, I connected the LB air system to A2 by Dbus. How can I control my gimbal? As DJI claims, using together the LB and 2,4GHz transmition for gimbal is not recommended.  5,8 GHz transmitters and receivers are not avliable on the market. The only receiver 5,8 GHz, that DJI offers has  Dbus output only, so I can't connect the alexmos. Does anybody have any solutions? Did anybody tried Sbus - PWM decoder? Is it comaptible with Dbus?

Another problem is Lightbridge and GoPro H4 in 4k or 2,7k when recording. OSD just disapears from the screen when recording is on.  This problem is not only mine. Please watch video and help to solve the problem.

2015-4-27
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1. Connect both 2.4G remote controller to the ground end of LB, turn off the signal transmission at the same time, check the gimbal channel through LB assistant software
2. When the GoPro records in 4K, it give  a low resolution signal to video downlink, and there will be no OSD
2015-5-6
Use props
me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dear Marek,

I think that I can propose a work around for you. D.bus is compatible with S.bus. To set it up, you will need:

1. Lightbridge ground system connected to one or two transmitters via cable
2. Lightbridge assistant connected to the ground system via USB
3. A futaba-type Servo Y connector lead
4. A s.bus to PWM decoder (there are two major manufacturers that make these - I have a four channel decoder which was very inexpensive)
5. A s.bus servo programmer6. Servo cables to connect the PWM outputs to the gimbal controller board

To achieve what you want:

1. Use the Lightbridge assistant software to set up the servo channels that you want to control the gimbal channels (channel mapping)
2. Use the s.bus servo programmer to program the outputs of the s.bus to PWM decoder to the channels that you require for the gimbal controller board. You will need to follow the instructions provided with the decoder board and programmer to do this
3. Connect the d.bus to A2 connector lead to the Lightbridge air unit to the Lightbridge with the small plug
4. Connect the male servo plug end of the same lead to one of the female sockets on the futaba-type Y connector
5. Connect the male servo plug of the futaba Y lead to the X2 port of the A2 controller

6. Plug the s.bus to PWM decoder board s.bus input in to the remaining socket on the futaba-type Y connector
7. Connect the PWM outputs of the decoder to the relevent connections on the gimbal controller board

I have tested a similar set up with a Wookong-M and not an A2, but I can't really see why it wouldn't work. Remember that the PWM decoder board and PWM outputs will be being powered (+5V) by the flight controller in this configuration, so be careful that you do not draw too much power from the A2. You could consider powering the decoder board via its own BEC. I consider this a relative "safe" set up but it is not an officially recommended combination, and I accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury resulting from following my suggestion. Always meticulously bench test your configuration before attempting flight.

I hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Guy
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules