Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would this be called a DJI Sabotage ?
1238 32 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Hello hobbyists,

Just a quick question,  what does that mean ??? please have a look at the photo attached?
I opened the box flew my P4P on two occasions , now today I am just playing around inhouse and every time I am trying to turn the engines on I get this message...,
I heard horror stories regarding the results of firmware updates and I do not want to upgrade at the moment, does DJI have the right to ground my Phantom 4 Pro ?,
if that is the case I would like to return it and get my money back.

Last thing I want to do after paying large sum of money is how to use my marchandise when paid in full,

This seems rediculous...

What do I do next ? I do not wish to update the craft..

is this 4 real ?

is this 4 real ?

Current Firmware

Current Firmware

Current Firmware

2018-1-31
Use props
noflyzone69
First Officer
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the DJI FIRMWARE HELL!
2018-1-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Return the purchase and demand refund, claiming your rights to be satisfied.
2018-1-31
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Your AC has the so far most stable version, not sure about your RC it look a little odd like an attempt to upgrade has not been successful?
I think your App is the cause of the lock, you need an older version of the app for that AC version.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 549140 ft
United Kingdom

go to apk mirror and download an older version of the app and side load it, sommat like 4.1.15 might be ok, maybe older still, trial and error
2018-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What has probably happened is that the app on your phone has automatically updated itself, now it wants you to install the latest version of the firmware for both the aircraft and the RC unit. If you don't want to be in that rat race, then switch off updates to the app in your phone. But you probably are going to have to update the firmware to get out of this one, or find a way to backdate the app.
2018-1-31
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-31 21:33
Your AC has the so far most stable version, not sure about your RC it look a little odd like an attempt to upgrade has not been successful?
I think your App is the cause of the lock, you need an older version of the app for that AC version.

thank you for your suggestion, the thing though is that I flew this craft 2 weeks ago with no problems , the same device , same firmware, same app version...
I will try a different version of the app, any idea where I can download lower version of the app ?
2018-1-31
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

For the App part,see this link.

Also look at this thread, not sure it helps you.
2018-1-31
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-31 21:46
For the App part,see this link.

Also look at this thread, not sure it helps you.

I will try that  youtube solution

thank you !
2018-1-31
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I'm assuming you have a P4P not the plus (+) version
Go here review the Release Notes: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
It appears you have an RC - Aircraft mismatch with respect to FW versions
AC is 1.03.0509 while RC is 1.03; release notes state for your AC version your RC would be using version 1.4
Suggest you update RC to version 1.4 and see if that clears your error...assuming you have that option, as current RC version is 1.4.1
Otherwise you'll need to research how to roll back your aircraft to v1.02.0304 to match RC, the info is out there.
This all assumes your lock is due to the mismatch, if not then I can't advise you further.

Edit: rolling back the app may also work too
2018-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:39
Go here review the Release Notes: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf

I am thinking that the update it is asking for is an update to the No-Fly Database.
2018-1-31
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-31 22:46
I am thinking that the update it is asking for is an update to the No-Fly Database.

Yes you could be correct there...it would be real nice if those warning messages were more specific as to those little details.

One note though, don't they usually say for Fly Safe Database?
2018-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:49
Yes you could be correct there...it would be real nice if those warning messages were more specific as to those little details.

Not sure, my old tub does not have one. Aaaaarrgh!
2018-1-31
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:39

Hi , thanks for the reply,

How could I roll back the controller firmware only ?
via Dji Assistant 2 ?
2018-1-31
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-31 22:52
Not sure, my old tub does not have one. Aaaaarrgh!

...and good on ya mate
2018-1-31
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:56

How could I roll back the controller firmware only ?

this is strange , I tried a lower version app with no results..., now back installed the new DJI GO 4 and I got green "Ready to go"... what is going on with this system? man how can you rely on this equipment when you do a job or schedule filming...  unreal... I better keep my phantom 4  standard , all runs on old firmware with no geofencing bs.
I'm kind of disappointed, such a great piece of equipment but so many hickups, I just spent 3 hours troubleshooting brand new equipment , is DJI going to compensate  my lost time fixing a brand new device lol ? this is a one sad situation.
2018-1-31
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:56

How could I roll back the controller firmware only ?

I'm not 100% sure you can, but I've read about folks who claim they have.
No I don't believe you can do it through Asst 2...you'll need to research that.
Sorry I cannot be more help with the specifics...I've never done that myself

For myself I've updated to the latest FW there is without issue both for the AC and RC.  I think the biggest thing with a lot of the updates is folks not getting a good update due to multiple reasons.
I only update my AC through Asst 2, I do not trust the GO 4 app to do the job.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Andrew, I'm afraid that the stability can not be ensured if the aircraft and controller version are not matched. Please try to update and make sure they are matched, then check again. Here is the tutorial video for your reference:

2018-2-2
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-31 22:49

I did a fly safe database update this morning, and it does say that is what's required (now at V01.00.01.08).
2018-2-2
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-1-31 23:07
this is strange , I tried a lower version app with no results..., now back installed the new DJI GO 4 and I got green "Ready to go"... what is going on with this system? man how can you rely on this equipment when you do a job or schedule filming...  unreal... I better keep my phantom 4  standard , all runs on old firmware with no geofencing bs.
I'm kind of disappointed, such a great piece of equipment but so many hickups, I just spent 3 hours troubleshooting brand new equipment , is DJI going to compensate  my lost time fixing a brand new device lol ? this is a one sad situation.

Do you live close to or in an NFZ ?
2018-2-2
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

No sabotage...its feature
2018-2-2
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not going to fly unless you update
2018-2-2
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-2 04:18
It is not going to fly unless you update

it's working now , I mentioned in my last post , working without update to craft and controller firmware,
all I did is tried the old go4 from June of 2017 - it was not working for me so I wiped it out and installed the newest go4 from the app store and everything is working perfectly.
It still asks me for an update I just hit ignore and I get the green bar "ready to go" displayed.
Never got a chance to fly it , I'm in northern Canada and it's been -20 for the past week , so now I am grounded by the weather... It's all good now
It's still disappointing to have to deal with this... like I said imagine you are on a tight schedule and you got a job to do and you can not fly your equipment because DJI says so , I find that ridiculous...
It's my craft I paid for it , by all means do not restrict me in any way / shape and form not to fly it... for what ever reason... Car manufactures do not disable cars because of a recall... the driver is held accountable for his /her own actions.
Having superb experience with P3P and P4 not a single crash using my equipment , now having this wonderful craft and having this incident really disappoints me...
2018-2-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-2 07:18
it's working now , I mentioned in my last post , working without update to craft and controller firmware,
all I did is tried the old go4 from June of 2017 - it was not working for me so I wiped it out and installed the newest go4 from the app store and everything is working perfectly.
It still asks me for an update I just hit ignore and I get the green bar "ready to go" displayed.

Glad you are up and running OK
I could not agree with you more, however, to date it does not appear DJI is listening and they have shown no interest in doing so.  However, they have made some concessions in the form of disconnecting from their Skynet, but I'd chalk that up more to the US Army raising flags over things than anything you or I might be saying.  If it is going to change at all it will take competition to do so.  My concern is that the precedent has been set and entities like the FAA will come to expect or demand these actions continue.
2018-2-2
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-2 07:18

I have had a good experience with the GO 4 App as well in my Obsidian.
2018-2-6
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-6 05:47
I have had a good experience with the GO 4 App as well in my Obsidian.

On my side it seems like the new version of Go4 solved the problem,
however this grounding craft feature is unacceptable...
2018-2-7
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-7 08:24

I agree with you. They are running our lives. I am sure it is only a matter of time before there is a class action lawsuit.
2018-2-8
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4065741 ft
Canada

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-7 08:24

So you'd rather take a chance and risk crashing due to mismatched versions of software? And if you did crash because you had the ability to fly it that way then what?
2018-2-8
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Stratcat Posted at 2018-2-8 08:35
So you'd rather take a chance and risk crashing due to mismatched versions of software? And if you did crash because you had the ability to fly it that way then what?

mismatch of what software, the go 4 app ?  please note , I have been able to idle the engine before at first setup after calibrating the craft, I had the green bar ready to fly on at the setup and at the testing stage idling without props on it all worked perfectly, I even take the craft later that week for a test flight it all worked great, then week later the app on the same firmware the same go4 version prompts me for a mandatory upgrade and grounding P4P... does that make sense ? Btw the updates had been disabled on my android device so the app would not update unless DJI has a back door to simply tell you what to do with your investment...  If this was a glitch I can take it, no problem, but if they can simply enter your device any time they feel like doing so then this is a privacy invasion and that is what makes me really mad...
It's like you bought a tv from Bestbuy and while you're at work bestbuy tech enters your house without your knowledge or permission to update your tv lol , how would that stand with you...
The P4P is a RTF straight out of the box... you should not be told or enforced what to do with the product you just bought.. Just saying...
Have you ever seen NFZ for racing drones ? with proper linking they can also go 2 km distance and probably much higher than a restricted P4P, does any company grounds those drones ? that if that was an issue where I'm located but there is not...
2018-2-8
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

wow, hmmm not sure what to say
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Do they have the right to ground your purchase? that is something I would want to know.
2018-2-8
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4065741 ft
Canada

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-8 12:02
mismatch of what software, the go 4 app ?  please note , I have been able to idle the engine before at first setup after calibrating the craft, I had the green bar ready to fly on at the setup and at the testing stage idling without props on it all worked perfectly, I even take the craft later that week for a test flight it all worked great, then week later the app on the same firmware the same go4 version prompts me for a mandatory upgrade and grounding P4P... does that make sense ? Btw the updates had been disabled on my android device so the app would not update unless DJI has a back door to simply tell you what to do with your investment...  If this was a glitch I can take it, no problem, but if they can simply enter your device any time they feel like doing so then this is a privacy invasion and that is what makes me really mad...
It's like you bought a tv from Bestbuy and while you're at work bestbuy tech enters your house without your knowledge or permission to update your tv lol , how would that stand with you...
The P4P is a RTF straight out of the box... you should not be told or enforced what to do with the product you just bought.. Just saying...

You should be able to fly without your phone or the app. You're limited mind you, but it's not required.
The only thing I can see is the app grounding you for incompatible FW versions between the AC and RC.
2018-2-8
Use props
duke123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Its the DJI my way or no fly way
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules