Completely confused?
688 7 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skymax2
lvl.3
Australia

I made the mistake of ordering the OCYUSNC Combo with my RE Goggles I thought I could put it on my big Flying Wing and have long range but the more tutorials I read the more confused I get. Apparently my Spektrum radio is not compatible since its not in the list of compatible radios. As well as buying a new Radio I have to throw away my MS-DOS flight control sytem and buy something called a "NAZE"? Among other confusing information is not to use a 2.4g radio with the 5.8G antenna, how can you fly a 2.4G model without using 2.4G Radio?
It's all beyond my basic model-building experience and I just cant figure it out so I have decided to sell my OCUYSNC unit and just fly my Mavic Platty with the RE goggles.
how much should I ask for on Ebay for an OCUYSNC Module package?
2018-1-31
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That's only if you want to use ocusync to handle the flight control part as well as the video. You can use the ocusync module as just a standalone video downlink and keep the control part as-is with your current radio. That's how I'm setting mine up anyway.

The key there is to make sure you're not using the same band for both the video downlink and the R/C connection. Meaning, setup the ocusync video to run on 5.8ghz only, just as you would with an analogue setup...

2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-2-2 10:46
That's only if you want to use ocusync to handle the flight control part as well as the video. You can use the ocusync module as just a standalone video downlink and keep the control part as-is with your current radio. That's how I'm setting mine up anyway.

The key there is to make sure you're not using the same band for both the video downlink and the R/C connection. Meaning, setup the ocusync video to run on 5.8ghz only, just as you would with an analogue setup...

Yes, I see what you mean. I was hoping to increase the range of my flying wing, which it would do, but there may be a drop in Rez in the recorded video at a distance due to latency. This is understandable as after all I guess its a racing unit and the emphasis is on having the most stable signal rather than the prettiest, 640 is fine for flying through race gates I suppose. Yes I can use the RE Goggs to receive the vid from my flying wing as it puts out 5.8G and that would be much better than my cheapo Goggs, but.. I would be flying it with my Spektrum Radio which is 2.4G and I read somewhere that I am not supposed to do that? I'm afraid I don't really understand it yet
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

So it's cool to fly the wing with a 2.4G radio and receive 8.5G from it's vid TX at the same time?
2018-2-2
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, that's how I'm using it now on my F550.
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-2-2 18:04
Yep, that's how I'm using it now on my F550.

I understand now, you have to turn off the 2.4G receiver in the Goggles and put it in 5.8G mode only.
Thanks.
2018-2-2
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yes, there's an option in the "digital racing" menu in the goggles where you can choose the band. I set it to "auto" on 5.8ghz only. So it finds the best channel on its own, but only on the 5.8ghz band.
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-2-2 22:07
yes, there's an option in the "digital racing" menu in the goggles where you can choose the band. I set it to "auto" on 5.8ghz only. So it finds the best channel on its own, but only on the 5.8ghz band.

Good info, my Goggs are not here yet but nice to know.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules