Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OCUSYNC Air Unit - questins from testing
3794 6 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans784c129c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1172267 ft
Czechia

Hi everyone,

I have more than 60 flights with Ocusync Air Unit. I tested both the mid-range up to 1.6 km and the penetration of the environment into a normal "freestyle" distance of up to 300 meters.
For testing I used the miniquad ImpulseRC Alien 5 inch. Configure below:

Alien 5 inch
FC DYS F4 PRO with 30A DYS BLHELI-S esc`s and mix of motors in first setup T-MOTOR F40 II and second setup DJI Snail,  always with DYS esc
TARANIS X9D+ with TBS Crossfire for some flights and Google RE for others.
Lumenier Butter Cutter 5inch and DALPROP 5040 Cyclone propellers
Ocusync AirUnit with dual freqency cylindrical antennas.
AUW 586g

Test videos are https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mQjQSvpTIVyJHn0qFK3Dg on YouTube. More videos and reviews will follow.

After several days of intense testing of Ocusync and Google RE, I have a few questions I want to discuss with you. Unfortunately DJI support does not respond.

QUALITY of recording
1) How do I change the resolution of the recorded video in Ocusync Air Unit? According to the manual, it is possible to record videos up to 4K resolution. I know it's not going right now, but the quality of the record could be better. May It be an update in some future version of FW?

2) Why do video recording in Ocusync air unit split into many short files? The last recorded video in a row is not saved and is always corrupted.

Spare parts and design
1) Is it possible to replace the damaged lens in the camera without losing the warranty? Will the lens be available as a replacement and when?

2)The USB-C connector on the camera has an inappropriate design. Would it be possible to shorten it in the future or create an angle of 90 degrees? It will save space on installation.

3) The ocusync protector is sizeless to fit the system into today's frames. Please consider at least removing the USB-c connector protection.

Operating conditions
1) How many Ocusync systems can I run at the same time?

2) Do you think in the future that the Ocusync system will be able to be controlled by the Mavic remote controller?

3) Why does video latency vary between 50-90 ms during my flight? It's very unpleasant for a fast flight.

Regards Jiri
2018-2-1
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

I also would like to know the answers to these issues since I am about to install one in a fixed wing.
2018-2-3
Use props
Svacik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1172267 ft
Czechia

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-3 17:31
I also would like to know the answers to these issues since I am about to install one in a fixed wing.

I'd rather not send you what I got from the support. Unusable and some of the questions the DJI avoided :-)
2018-2-5
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think we're probably going to have to figure all this out on our own without DJI's help unfortunately lol. I've already discovered a problem using the R/C link via s-bus with the NazaM V2 controller. It could be something as simple as how to actually hook it up, though I copied what my Futaba RX plugs into as closely as I can determine (meaning the s-bus signal and s-bus ground leads are just a guess, but I think it's pins 1 and 3 with the center pin being power and N/C).

I think this just was never tested by DJI, though it may be hard to blame them since they're specifically targeting racing drone controllers like the F4 and so on. So if it doesn't work with other controllers, that's not a huge surprise.

I'd be curious if it's possible to bind multiple units to one set of RE goggles also, since I may still get another unit to put on my other F550.....
2018-2-5
Use props
fans0e492600
New

Czechia

luciens Posted at 2018-2-5 08:48
I think we're probably going to have to figure all this out on our own without DJI's help unfortunately lol. I've already discovered a problem using the R/C link via s-bus with the NazaM V2 controller. It could be something as simple as how to actually hook it up, though I copied what my Futaba RX plugs into as closely as I can determine (meaning the s-bus signal and s-bus ground leads are just a guess, but I think it's pins 1 and 3 with the center pin being power and N/C).

I think this just was never tested by DJI, though it may be hard to blame them since they're specifically targeting racing drone controllers like the F4 and so on. So if it doesn't work with other controllers, that's not a huge surprise.

No comment :-). I use TBS crossfire to control my quads and planes. On some googles, you can batch how many units you want, but always one at a time.
2018-2-6
Use props
Twaire
lvl.2
United States

Hey there mate anyway you can show me how the ocusync wires into the dys f4 Pro? It would be much appreciated! Thanks in advanced!
2018-3-10
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans0e492600 Posted at 2018-2-6 11:39
No comment :-). I use TBS crossfire to control my quads and planes. On some googles, you can batch how many units you want, but always one at a time.

I'm trying to avoid having to spend a ton of money on the Crossfire if I can avoid it, though it really looks super nice and if it comes back into stock soon at TBS I might just do it regardless.

I'm in my last desperate calls for information about getting the air unit's SBUS to work with conventional controllers like my NazaM and Wookongs that do support SBUS. I pleaded and begged again for information on the RCGroups threads and hope I can get a response.

So I'll beg here in this thread one more time for any information at all before giving up. Does anyone know how to get the SBUS R/C control link support on the airunit to work with controllers like the NazaM V2 and others that support SBUS? Or is it just not supported or ?

If that plea fails, I've decided to just go Crossfire too. The airunit has a range of about 1 mile or maybe a little more on 5.8ghz only - which is actually great all things considered - but I want to try it on 2.4ghz with the dual band pagodas to see if I can get more range. But can't do that using my Futaba for the R/C link (it's on 2.4ghz also and it also has only about a 1 mile range before it starts taking hits).

So all I have to do is sell a kidney to pay for Crossfire and then I'll be done

2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules