How to travel by commercial airlines?
633 4 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66b854e7
New
Flight distance : 164 ft

United States

What is the recommended way to take my Mavic Pro with me on a commercial airline domestic USA flight?
Do I pack the batteries in my luggage or do I carry the battery with me?
Thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/
2018-2-1
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Batteries must be carried on. You can leave one in Mavic. Others need a LIPO safe bag.
2018-2-1
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

"Battery terminals (usually the ends) must be protected from short circuit (i.e., the terminals must not come in contact with other metal). Methods include: leaving the batteries in their retail packaging, covering battery terminals with tape, using a battery case, using a battery sleeve in a camera bag, or putting them snugly in a plastic bag or protective pouch."  - See the regulation: 49 CFR 175.10(a)(18)

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/ret ... 9y2.1.1.3.12.1.25.5

It's possible that the TSA might care but generally they just pass you through.  My first time through they were more just interested in long at the Mavic and talking about it rather than actually holding me up.  Honestly, I have more trouble with the small lock pick set I keep in my wallet than ever with the Mavic.  I have 4 batteries and along with the MP, keep it in on of those backpack cases that were popular a while back.
2018-2-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My last trip I kept everything in the backpack and had no issues. I had a lipo bag as well. Smaller airports may check a little more so make sure batteries are not fully charged.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules