2227 29 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

YOU do not need to start an entirely new thread about the same issues. Chances are, someone already started a thread/topic of what you're about to post. Try the search feature.

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 8.52.05 AM.png
2018-2-1
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh no, you started another one.  
2018-2-1
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

And Who are you to tell us not to?  You in need of  some sort of control?  Sorry but if people are fed up with all this firmware crap and issues  they have every right to start as many threads as possible to  A) get answered and B) to make it clear that DJI NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND FIX THES DAM ISSUES !
2018-2-1
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

I gave up with FW just before geo fence came out on my P3P
so luckily it has no geo fence on it and I am not putting FW in my P4A
as it fly's fine and I have and old version of dji go 4 on my tablet
that is the one that can be hacked
2018-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"YOU do not need to start an entirely new thread about the same issues...."

And on that list probably more than half have already been resolved thanks to the input from forum members and updates released by DJI.
2018-2-1
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-2-1 06:24
And Who are you to tell us not to?  You in need of  some sort of control?  Sorry but if people are fed up with all this firmware crap and issues  they have every right to start as many threads as possible to  A) get answered and B) to make it clear that DJI NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND FIX THES DAM ISSUES !

You're mad online. You should get help. "Yelling" and "demanding" DJI to do anything is a bad look. If I were DJI, I'd ignore you too.
2018-2-1
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I to am SICK  of firmware issue posts  - They need all moving to a dedicated area
2018-2-1
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-2-1 10:28
I to am SICK  of firmware issue posts  - They need all moving to a dedicated area

Probbably could do with an entire forum devoted to crap firmware updates. "Dji rubbish firmware updates . Com "
2018-2-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine is a new issue boss, All hail man who write post, complaining about posts, ah a wannabe mod, should have known.....
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry about this. Our engineers are still working on the firmware. We will release on our website as soon as it is ready.
2018-2-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You receive more DJI points for making a new thread compared to just post a M2 in the existing threads and often people experience different issues.
Not to forget that should a fix or a trick to solve or getting pass issues be posted it drown in a 42 pages thread and chances are bigger that you miss that solution being posted in a big thread opposite the reminder you get when a answer is posted on your own thread.

The more threads, the more visible the issues get.

So many good reasons making a new thread at the same time posting a M2 in the other threads.
2018-2-2
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-1 21:46
Mine is a new issue boss, All hail man who write post, complaining about posts, ah a wannabe mod, should have known.....

Congratulations. Then maybe a new thread is applicable for you.
2018-2-2
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-2 04:21
You receive more DJI points for making a new thread compared to just post a M2 in the existing threads and often people experience different issues.
Not to forget that should a fix or a trick to solve or getting pass issues be posted it drown in a 42 pages thread and chances are bigger that you miss that solution being posted in a big thread opposite the reminder you get when a answer is posted on your own thread.

Some good points. However, I think a better solution would be for DJI to create a way to report potential bugs if you don't need a repair. For instance the image flip. I don't think they keep track of issues reported on the forum. It's not a trackable source. I guess if every thread title is "image flips since last firmware update" then I guess they'll pay more attention but it doesn't make for a great experience. If they had a "ticket" system, they can ACTUALLY track that.
2018-2-2
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-2 00:54
Sorry about this. Our engineers are still working on the firmware. We will release on our website as soon as it is ready.

No reason to apologize. We all know it's in the works. But, this thread highlights a few key points:

Create a bug reporting system that your company can track/manage.
Secondly, police these threads more carefully. Merge ones that are the same or link them to another "parent" thread already dealing with the same issues.

Perhaps create a forum for just report issues that way those of us without any issues can enjoy the forum without staring at 75 topics that are all basically the same bitch fests.

Just my opinion.
2018-2-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-2 09:58
Some good points. However, I think a better solution would be for DJI to create a way to report potential bugs if you don't need a repair. For instance the image flip. I don't think they keep track of issues reported on the forum. It's not a trackable source. I guess if every thread title is "image flips since last firmware update" then I guess they'll pay more attention but it doesn't make for a great experience. If they had a "ticket" system, they can ACTUALLY track that.

There is a path to report bugs and product suggestions in DJI Go 4.

When running DJI Go 4, tap on 'Me' at bottom of screen, then select 'DJI Support'.

That may provide a better response than posting in user forum.
2018-2-2
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 10:53
There is a path to report bugs and product suggestions in DJI Go 4.

When running DJI Go 4, tap on 'Me' at bottom of screen, then select 'DJI Support'.

I love your conditional... They (DJI) "may" turn into real facts the promises their engineers are working to fix these issues too.
I agree many topics are repetitive. This is expressing people is really affected and some owners are upset and unhappy with the way DJI is adressing those bugs.

The day DJI will really solve, at least half of the bugs detected, we'll have a much cleaner forum...

I wonder how gadget world would be if Apple or Samsung would have to send as many individual beta FW's as DJI lately does.

2018-2-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I think what OP tries to illustrate and prove, is that there is way to many threads about issues that should have been resolved long time ago, and that he in a nifty way showed us how big the problem they keep saying "were working on it" really is, and that promises are long overdue...
2018-2-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-2 11:09
I love your conditional... They (DJI) "may" turn into real facts the promises their engineers are working to fix these issues too.
I agree many topics are repetitive. This is expressing people is really affected and some owners are upset and unhappy with the way DJI is adressing those bugs.

I think in Apples case they just call them 'updates', look how quickly they've moved through 10 'updates' in four months. So DJI is maybe not that far off.

iOS 11.0 then the updates

11.0.1 (26th September 2017),  11.0.2,  11.0.3,  11.1,  11.1.1, 11.1.2,  11.2,  11.2.1,  11.2.2 and to date 11.2.5 (phew!).

And DJI appear to have resolved the problems introduced with V02.00.0106 on the P4 with the release of V02.00.0700.  With Apples series of releases it's perhaps not a complete surprise that DJI Go 4 V4.2.4 fell over on iOS 11.2.2. But once again V4.2.5 released soon after.

Many of the problems with the updates were generated because RCs were not also updated as required to work. Partially thanks to failings in DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 (or mostly).

Likewise with the 'Beta' update for the P4 Pro V01.05.0301.

The forum gets a bit messy because 'resolved' problems are not marked as such and the posts not closed off. Some see what was a problem two years ago, and decide theirs is the same (in reality may have no connection at all) and resurrect a 'zombie' post.

DJI's first line support tends to be poor, but that could probably be said for many of the large companies as well, where they try and glean as much profit as possible by reducing communication and training to a minimum.
2018-2-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 11:44
I think in Apples case they just call them 'updates', look how quickly they've moved through 10 'updates' in four months. So DJI is maybe not that far off.

A perfect roll-up, Aardvark.
But I do agree with others that DJI should be maintaining a sticky post of “known issues”.  Perhaps along with the beta version released to resolve some. That would stop a lot of angst, and numerous hate posts.
2018-2-2
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 11:44

Last posts are refering to actual, unsolved bugs.
People is quite active on the forum, one solved issue on a new, duplicating topic is quite soon replied and that topic discussion usually gets to its end.
Other companies having as poor services as DJI it is not an excuse, nor does it fix existing issues.
P4P+ is stucked on a 4.1.15 version with quite less features than its "regular" counterpart.
Promises, promises, promises...
2018-2-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-2 13:50
Last posts are refering to actual, unsolved bugs.
People is quite active on the forum, one solved issue on a new, duplicating topic is quite soon replied and that topic discussion usually gets to its end.
Other companies having as poor services as DJI it is not an excuse, nor does it fix existing issues.

Last posts are referring to actual, unsolved bugs...........I said that more than half the posts listed by OP already had solutions, and I'll stick by that.

People is quite active on the forum, one solved issue on a new, duplicating topic is quite soon replied and that topic discussion usually gets to its end...............There are many posts that are resurrected where new posts should be created, where the old should be closed off for further replies.

Other companies having as poor services as DJI it is not an excuse, nor does it fix existing issues........ I'll rephrase that "DJI's first line support tends to be poor, where they try and glean as much profit as possible by reducing communication and training to a minimum. "

P4P+ is stucked on a 4.1.15 version with quite less features than its "regular" counterpart..........It's a different product from its counterpart, and was marketed as having a brighter display. A Mavic Air probably has more features than other products costing twice as much. I imagine it's quite possible that they will provide further updates for the P4P+.

Promises, promises, promises...I'm not sure if they ever promised anything other than what I purchased. But my P4 & Mavic & Goggles now have more features than they had when I bought them, at no extra cost to me.
2018-2-2
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 14:51
Last posts are referring to actual, unsolved bugs...........I said that more than half the posts listed by OP already had solutions, and I'll stick by that.

People is quite active on the forum, one solved issue on a new, duplicating topic is quite soon replied and that topic discussion usually gets to its end...............There are many posts that are resurrected where new posts should be created, where the old should be closed off for further replies.

Really ????
If I (re)post a list of P4P+'s bugs and missing features will you show or give me the solutions ??? Not to all of them, but at least to that "half" you are claiming for...
You are on your own right to be an unconditionally DJI fan. I have the same rights as you to be not.
I quote: "A Mavic Air probably has more features than other products costing twice as much". Who made any mention on Mavic Air here ??? Being unable to figure out what did you meant to say, "probably" means you are unsure on your previous affirmation and thus, invalidating it.
I'm glad you are happy with your regular P4&Mavic&Googles. Nothing spectacular here, is how things should be.
My experience with DJI: A very good P3A, followed by a brand new, awfull Mavic, with a jelly videocapture right from the box, they were unable to fix. Returned and refunded. Thank you, no more...
And a P4P+ with, 6 to 9 months after were posted and described, still unsolved bugs which makes in my case a 1 to 3 satisfaction ratio and gives me an objective measure of DJI Quality Controls.
With a 33% satisfaction rate only, it is quite hard for me to gave them a passing mark or to defend them as you do...

When I used the word "promises" I was not referring on what they eventually had promised to you...Not my business, nor of my interest. I was refering at the promises were made by various DJI PM's (Susan, Thor, etc.) to solve that bugs which, 9 months later, remain unhonoured...

2018-2-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-2 15:39
Really ????
If I (re)post a list of P4P+'s bugs and missing features will you show or give me the solutions ??? Not to all of them, but at least to that "half" you are claiming for...
You are on your own right to be an unconditionally DJI fan. I have the same rights as you to be not.

Thats not what he said, he said the posts in the OP's list, not a new list created independently

My experience with DJI, albeit very new (since Oct 2017) has been pretty good, i have the goggles and the P4P, whilst there has been a couple of issues, namely app update and fw, the good has far, far out weighed the bad, ok, somethings certainly have room for improvement such as bug reporting, such as speed of replies down to no replies from staff (includes PM's) then to the other end of the spectrum, the way a product works, take the goggles for example, if you use them with USB with say the P4P, you do not have a record of that flight in your flight log, thats just bad workmanship, you can get at a log from the goggles but it cannot be synced with your flight log, its just for DJI purposes....
2018-2-2
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-2 21:47

Thats not what he said, he said the posts in the OP's list, not a new list created independently

He said half of the reported bugs are fixed.
At least in the case of P4P+ this it is not true.
That's why I offered to (re)post a list with all P4P+ issues, expecting in exchange, to show us how to fix at least "half" of the bugs he claims are solved. Would be a very useful and loooong desired experience and would help to calm down affected owners.

I wish and hope your goggles missing features to be adressed too...And soon.
2018-2-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes but, you posting a list with all P4P+ issues is totally different to the list in the original post is it not?, this is the list he is referring too, you adding a completely different list and asking him to show at least half fixed is way off side, unreasonable, 2 completely different lists. ;)

Thank you, as it stands, it means that i have to use HDMI if i want a record of the flight and sadly that in turn means i do not get an functionality with the goggles other than live view. HDMI = Live view only / USB = no flight record sad state of affairs to be honest
2018-2-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-3 00:15
He said half of the reported bugs are fixed.
At least in the case of P4P+ this it is not true.
That's why I offered to (re)post a list with all P4P+ issues, expecting in exchange, to show us how to fix at least "half" of the bugs he claims are solved. Would be a very useful and loooong desired experience and would help to calm down affected owners.

All quotes are taken from post number 22, apart from the first from post 24.

"He said half of the reported bugs are fixed."

Post number 5 clearly states what I said, I even clarified that in post 21.

"I quote: "A Mavic Air probably has more features than other products costing twice as much". Who made any mention on Mavic Air here ??? Being unable to figure out what did you meant to say, "probably" means you are unsure on your previous affirmation and thus, invalidating it."

I used the word probably, because I like to be able to prove my statements to myself. And not being a Mavic Air owner I can only work off their published specification. That does not invalidate anything I said.

I used the Mavic Air as an example of how all products offer different feature sets and some seem to offer more functionality than others, that does not necessarily make them better, as comparison was made between the features of two different DJI products.

"With a 33% satisfaction rate only, it is quite hard for me to gave them a passing mark or to defend them as you do..."

I'm sure DJI are quite capable of defending themselves, I have no need to do so.
My reply in post number five was addressed to the original poster and was accurate, it was not meant to be read as a statement of defence on DJIs behalf. It was to highlight the fact that many problems have been resolved, even if only recently.

A conversation was initiated in post 16 that I felt was worthy of a reply in my post number 18, and the rest is now history.

2018-2-3
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-3 02:12
All quotes are taken from post number 22, apart from the first from post 24.

"He said half of the reported bugs are fixed."

Aardvark, now I understand how some got to be captains on this forum.
I'll will not continue to argue here, nor to publish irrelevant things.
Forum readers are clever enough to read, analyze and judge for themselves.
It seems to me you were somehow hurt by my criticism on DJI, criticism based on real facts, proof is they never said or write my complaints are or were fake. Nor were able to provide solutions.
Even more than that, DJI Thor said he'd translate the list of bugs to DJI's engineers and, a couple of months later, DJI Susan said their engineers were not aware on those bugs... No doubt at all, very professional. And customer proactive...
It was not my intention to hurt your feelings nor your trustworthiness in DJI, until we see that (first) "half" of the issues solved...q.e.d.
P.D. Mavic Air with a 12 Mp 1/2.3" sensor is indeead a very big step ahead. What smartphone can one buy today with this ridiculously small number of pixels ??? None. No Occu sync, but a big boomerang...
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-2 10:06
No reason to apologize. We all know it's in the works. But, this thread highlights a few key points:

Create a bug reporting system that your company can track/manage.

As Aardvark mentioned, if you found any issues or bugs, feel free to report in DJI GO. As for the forum management, I'll forward to the designated team as well. Thanks for your suggestions.
2018-2-6
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 02:20
As Aardvark mentioned, if you found any issues or bugs, feel free to report in DJI GO. As for the forum management, I'll forward to the designated team as well. Thanks for your suggestions.

Where is this feature? I've been a DJI customer for 2 years and I haven't come across it.
2018-2-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-6 08:27
Where is this feature? I've been a DJI customer for 2 years and I haven't come across it.

Post number 15 gives the path.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules