Mavic Air Gimbal Forward / Down CF button GONE? Why, DJI?
123Next >
13846 92 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonJinz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 676453 ft
Malaysia

I need this feature too.. any update?
2018-4-9
Use props
Llama88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61398 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 01:33
I will forward this request to our engineers. Thanks for bringing us the attention.

@DJI Thor any update on this? Please and thank you.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI P5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59610 ft
Singapore

+1 hope to see next FW update
2018-4-11
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This shouldn't be too hard to implement at all and its one of the features I miss the most. The outcry isnt just here in the forums, popular YT lads are complaining about it too.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Llama88 Posted at 2018-4-11 09:48
@DJI Thor any update on this? Please and thank you.

The engineers had replied on 5#. Since there are many users requesting the feature, I will forward to the engineers again.
2018-4-12
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 00:33
The engineers had replied on 5#. Since there are many users requesting the feature, I will forward to the engineers again.

We 'll just have to wait and see how hard they are listening to the customers...because as it is this we have just entered a new era for DJI.
Useful features that were present for generations of drones and are available for the Spark have been omitted for no reason at all, just to differentiate the Mavic Air (from the now similarly priced) Mavic Pro.
2018-4-12
Use props
JasonJinz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 676453 ft
Malaysia

The engineers had replied on 5#. Since there are many users requesting the feature, I will forward to the engineers again.

Thanks @DJI Thor, please do keep track of this feature to be added on next firmware update. As this is just a very basic feature and it totally not related to professional demand.
2018-4-13
Use props
DrawsWithLight.co.uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

+1 from me too
2018-4-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

+1 from me now. Adding this feature via SW should be a nice decision.
2018-4-13
Use props
jangai45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253530 ft
France

For me also please ! Bring it back +1
2018-4-13
Use props
Roberson Ricardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3611440 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

indispensable for flight safety
2018-4-13
Use props
mizik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please bring this feature back, why would you even want to remove it in the 1st place ?
THIS IS A MUST HAVE.  
Thanks
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JasonJinz Posted at 2018-4-13 00:15
Thanks @DJI Thor, please do keep track of this feature to be added on next firmware update. As this is just a very basic feature and it totally not related to professional demand.

Had forwarded the requirement. The engineers will see it. Thank you all for bringing us the attention.
2018-4-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Me to please I’d be happy to lose the playback function can’t see why I need that on a quick button if I need playback I shoul Enter a gps hover first then start to view but still need to maintain line of site, like to see it in the next update if we could
2018-4-24
Use props
gcomfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119613 ft
United States

I used it on the Spark all the time.  I too miss this on the Air. +1
2018-4-24
Use props
BogdanPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4126444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone sets the gimbal tilt speed very low to achieve cinematic movement. Sometimes you have to peek down fast to make sure you are not over people. Sometimes you have to tilt down your gimbal fast to set up a perfect center for POI. Using the slowed down tilt wheel takes forever. With a short battery life that feature is necessary. DJI drones that are 3 years old have that feature. And the #5 guy needs to try the drone and film with it and realize the importance of that feature instead of posting a response that lacks common sense and basic customer service.
2018-4-26
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-18 12:01
Another vote for this, having now slowed my gimbal settings for cinematic effect, it takes too long to tilt down. Recent is fine as I use it as my custom button.

Will also add my vote, please introduce this feature.
2018-4-26
Use props
fans5a82a2f6
New
Flight distance : 266115 ft
Slovakia

iam voting for this too, bring it back
2018-4-26
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

fans5a82a2f6 Posted at 2018-4-26 22:25
iam voting for this too, bring it back

My 1st proper drone (after basic syma).  I didn't miss this until slowing the gimbal (a necessity) for proper video response.  I can now see this as a requirement, not just a nice option.
2018-4-26
Use props
Bill-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70722 ft
United States

DJI...DJI...DJI...are you listening !!!
This is a must have badly needed feature.
2018-4-27
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All

Ive started a new tread on this specifically for the camera up down function to be brought back as this thread seems to have gone a bit stale as DJI seem to have been asked but no real response comes back.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1349229

I'm not trying to double up or barge in just think this camera up down feature is really needed so thought I would start a new thread just for that to encourage people to say yes they want the feature back in the attempt to get some action from DJI to listening to us loyal customers

Cheers

P
2018-5-10
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd like to vote to bring this feature (back?) to the Mavic Air too. I've just bought one as a temporary replacement for my P4P which keeps going back for repairs to the gimbal and I can't wait over a month for a replacement unit. Not having this feature is ridiculous, as others have stated, especially if you've configured the gimbal pitch speed to be very slow for more cinematic panning shots.

Please bring back the quick gimbal down/reset toggle function.
2018-6-2
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys not trying to hijack this thread but I started one of these a while back too and it  would appear that it has been released in the latest 4.2.25 GO4 app updated on App store IOS

But dont get your hopes up though I  have tested tonight and it isnt there although the info on the app store does say its there heres a link to the other post my comments

It does at least show hope that DJI engineers do listen to us

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147835&pid=1500870

P
2018-8-6
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-8-6 12:48
Hi Guys not trying to hijack this thread but I started one of these a while back too and it  would appear that it has been released in the latest 4.2.25 GO4 app updated on App store IOS

But dont get your hopes up though I  have tested tonight and it isnt there although the info on the app store does say its there heres a link to the other post my comments

The latest version for IOS is 4.2.24  ( not 4.2.25 ) and it appear that the feature was added to the INSPIRE 2 only ...
2018-8-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS013 Posted at 2018-8-6 13:05
The latest version for IOS is 4.2.24  ( not 4.2.25 ) and it appear that the feature was added to the INSPIRE 2 only ...
[view_image]

Good spot  I overlooked that! I was just testing based on someone else’s comment saying it had been added Doh! Still I remember DJI engineers saying it was a pro feature! is the inspire not a pro drone then DJI? That you  needed to add this function to a 2.5k drone that is available on the non pro spark!

And to think I thought they had helped us out!
2018-8-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I guess there are no comments on this from DJI support then?
2018-8-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a heads up the latest .500 firmware update released 30/09/18 still  does not have this feature in it! so the engineers were clearly no listening nice that our input on this forum is so valued!
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-30 02:05
Just a heads up the latest .500 firmware update released 30/09/18 still  does not have this feature in it! so the engineers were clearly no listening nice that our input on this forum is so valued!

Hi Schmooit, sorry for the delay, sorry to tell that currently, this function is still not available. Thank you for your attention.
2018-10-2
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI, can you please implement this feature asap. This has to be the most annoying non-feature of the Mavic Air.
2018-10-3
Use props
fans19cb2bbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490194 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Lack of this function is extremely frustrating! Please do something about it DJI!
2018-10-3
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jburkett@zackburkettco.com Posted at 2018-2-4 23:27
We've provided Gimbal Dial Wheel on RC to control the camera's tilt, to reach center and down,  and Button Customization on DJI GO 4 to recenter, it covers most demonds. Using one key to Gibmal Recenter/Down is a more professional demand.

Umm, Spark has this functionality. How in the world is spark considered more appropriate for "professional demands" than the mavic air? My Old P3 has the feature as well, the MA footage is vastly more "professional " than the P3. That's a pretty lame excuse...
2018-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

craighuddy Posted at 2018-10-3 14:13
Umm, Spark has this functionality. How in the world is spark considered more appropriate for "professional demands" than the mavic air? My Old P3 has the feature as well, the MA footage is vastly more "professional " than the P3. That's a pretty lame excuse...

If a professional was using any of these drones, he’s not really serious about aerial footage or photos.
2018-10-3
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

Berg I Imagery Posted at 2018-2-18 21:33
Yes, no reason for that Spark to have this feature but somehow it’s omitted from the Air. This is an absolute must from a usability standpoint. Hopefully DJI can include this for the next FW release.

Another 1+  vote for this function.  I have noticed there have been many people on this forum asking for this function since the MA was released.  I also noticed that someone from DJI, as they have above, said they would forward it onto their engineers.  From their response today, seems like there're not listening to their customers most requested function.  
Please DJI, listen to your customers, as this is not a huge update to implement and would make many people happy.  
2018-10-3
Use props
homan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89514 ft
Hong Kong

I really need this function since I buy the Mavic air in early 2018... may I know what's the official feedback from DJI?

Why cannot this basic function?  I was upgraded from DJI spark and always use this feature, but now I can't see this option anymore...

If DJI confirmed this function will not be added on Mavic air, please just tell us the direction, so we don't need to expect an update for it.

Thanks.
2018-10-9
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

i think that you can re assign the button in the settings or re assin it to the function key,  dji had set up a new function for the dower right custom button to provide easy access to camera setting which brighten or draken the image. if you are using manual when you click the custom key and play with the dial it will control shutter speed.  which and can make us save lot of time give a try and see if works  
2018-10-9
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI_ALEX Posted at 2018-2-22 10:20
Almost crashed today because of the lack of this button and having cynamatic mode with 10 as the gimbal speed. Please bring it back.

Then you need to be a better pilot.
2018-10-9
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

Not really sure if this is what you are talking about.

What I do if I need to move the gimball fast way down is press the screen of the phone and then drag my finger up or down (according to what I need)

SmartSelect_20181009-210221_Gallery.gif
2018-10-9
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rurre Posted at 2018-10-9 11:05
Not really sure if this is what you are talking about.

What I do if I need to move the gimball fast way down is press the screen of the phone and then drag my finger up or down (according to what I need)

Yes this is possible to use but it depends on the gimbal speed settings I tried this and with my speed settings its very slow, I could speed them up but at the cost of smooth footage, also for me if using this for footage it does mean I need to chop the images in post rather than just flip the camera down during a shot.

That said most of the time I use it for a quick check of what below me when filming closer to obstacles at distance so its more or a safety thing with the bonus of ease of use for filming.

Thanks though this might help others if they are unaware of it
2018-10-9
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

Hi.
My gimbal speed is 1 as you say, for a smooth footage.

But what I showed is independent of your gimbal speed settings.
Normally I use the wheel to roll the gimbal and when I need to move it fast I use this feature.

As said, it doesn't depend of your gimbal speed.

When you have pressed the screen, the longer you drag, the faster it rolls.

2018-10-9
Use props
Cybercap
New
Flight distance : 544964 ft
France

+1, unacceptable
That’s too bad
Gimbal down shortcut is a MUST !

DJI, please bring it back! .!!
2018-10-18
Use props