Mavic Air Gimbal Forward / Down CF button GONE? Why, DJI?
13823 92 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fuzz6
lvl.1
United States

+1 for me as well. I just got my Mavic Air and was severely disappointed to learn that its not an available feature after just selling my Spark.
2018-12-2
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Yes, please, DJI - reinstate this totally ESSENTIAL feature for the MA just ASAP!
2018-12-12
Use props
gpomykala
New
Poland

Upvote for me on center / down under same button just as it was in every DJI drone since. I expected same RC/app experience on MA as on P3 and MP
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_O0c2XR5oPMof
New

Brazil

+1, this function is paramount for safety and good photos
2018-12-26
Use props
gccastro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63478 ft
Philippines

Coming from Spark that has this function, it's quite frustrating to not have in Mavic Air. It's a small yet convenient function to have. Saves time, and so, saves battery. Hope the next update will bring this back.
2019-2-4
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can confirm, wish option was available on the air. It’s extremely helpful on the zoom, so why not here as well?
2019-2-4
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

I guess this is why it wasn't called the Spark "PRO."

+1 on adding this as a customizable button function.
2019-2-5
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-9 04:12
I'm sorry, I could have taken jburkett's reply serious, If the Spark didn't have the option. But stating that it's only an professional demand and have it implemented on your entry level drone doesn't make any sense.
I can understand that DJI needs product diversification across their line of drone's, and offcourse everybody wants their drone with as much features as they can get for the lowest price possible. but having a popular feature, which is somehow suddenly graded as an 'professional demand' on your entry level drone and then leaving it out on a more proffesional drone that costs nearly twice as much is a contradiction to jburkett's statement.

This thread has been covered so many times (I myself started one a while back not long after the MA was released, I keep hering its a pro feature but it was on my spark and the phantom and the mavic and non of them are Pro model they are consumer, unless DJI is toying with us and are referring to the label PRO as in Mavic Pro as a Pro drone with the feature!

The scroll function is very slow as does not help when trying to land having to wait for it to scroll down so i can see my LZ! This is such a simple feature and easy to implement and has been on all the other models including the Spark which isnt a pro model by any shape of the imagination.

In short to all your answers this has been requested for nearly a year now and there have been 3 FW updates for the model since is release (maybe 4) and it hasnt arrived and the admins on here may well pass the details onto the engineers who probably just file it in the 'Dont Care' tray and the admins get fed the same story as we do, I dont think DJI engineers even look at this forum, so I wouldnt hold your breath chap!

It such a quick fix/win for them as lots of people have asked for the function to be added (DJO GO4 app has the function as part of it for all the other models so it only needs a simple (check where my current camera position is and then minus the differ to turn it to 90 deg downwards they already have the code for for the mavics so they only need to add the option in to the FW and we can choose to sue it or not really simple!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134186-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-147835-1-1.html

Problem is DJI have great products but not customer service for things like this, I suspect this was just forgotten about during the dev cycle and has been re-labeled a design feature by adding in the slow scroll feature instead (forgetting to add vs suggesting another feature as a replacement!

I would love to see this feature but suspect my lottery win will come first!
2019-2-6
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 01:33
I will forward this request to our engineers. Thanks for bringing us the attention.

After 1 year, we still don't have this simple feature
2019-2-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2-6 02:12
This thread has been covered so many times (I myself started one a while back not long after the MA was released, I keep hering its a pro feature but it was on my spark and the phantom and the mavic and non of them are Pro model they are consumer, unless DJI is toying with us and are referring to the label PRO as in Mavic Pro as a Pro drone with the feature!

The scroll function is very slow as does not help when trying to land having to wait for it to scroll down so i can see my LZ! This is such a simple feature and easy to implement and has been on all the other models including the Spark which isnt a pro model by any shape of the imagination.

Worst part is a lot of code already exists on the platforms, both in app and on the drone in in SDK.  I suspect the lack of feature parity comes because as you mentioned “dev rotation”.  Because that’s only excuse seems to fit.  

A list of things that exist in code, SDK, and app but DJI decided to opt out of feature parity even though adding these things would require almost zero effort to implement.  

No dynamic home point

no follow me (gps follow)

no short cut for camera 90 degree rotation

No waypoints.
2019-2-9
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the safety perspective is more just the ability to quickly flip down to see what beneath you  if trying to get a closer shot  if you are going down over water looking down isnt really gonna help, Its just a simple feature that adds to footage options rather than a slow pan downwards.

I think the MA should have at least the features of the spark plus a few more to line it up in between the  spark and the Mavic , I like the little bugger just annoying missing the simple things I guess.

If we think about cars for a min they all have mirrors and forward/reverse so not sure why some features are just not standard to all models through the range  and perhaps let the  cameras and others tech  make up the models differences. Only thing is DJI (and myself  would do the same) see marketing  features as selling points so if they leave certain things out it might force the user to upgrade to next model  i guess
2019-2-13
Use props
bssszzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340420 ft

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 01:33
I will forward this request to our engineers. Thanks for bringing us the attention.

Any feedback from the engineers? It's 2019 and we still don't have this feature in Mavic Air.
2019-10-6
Use props
sonofthesun
lvl.2

there was a post from dji like 6 months ago in other threads "forget about this feature on mavic air". No matter how we ask...
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules