Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turning on/off third party drone-mounted electronics
569 5 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90069 ft
United Kingdom

Hi y’all

Enjoying my Spark til I landed it into a tree, and now my Mavic Air, only the British weather is so crap, had to abandon flight yesterday due to wind.

Anyway. I want to look into powering on and off lights which are drone-mounted. Has anyone done this? Ideally it’d be through the DJI GO app and some sort of auxiliary channel and circuit on the drone but I see no mention of this anywhere.

If not that then would need to be a complete remote controlled and independently powered system which seems a bit of overkill.

However being able to turn on and off the lights is critical to the application.

Many thanks.
2018-2-1
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lume Cubes can be mounted on a Mavic Pro. They can be remote controlled (i.e. turned ON/OFF) via Bluetooth and an app on your phone.
This setup is limited in range. I successfully tested them at a distance 10m and 20m height.

Another method could be by building your own opto-electrical switch mounted on one of the Mavics front LED's.
By turning the LED's ON/OFF by taking a photo, you can control your mounted lights.
2018-2-1
Use props
bdge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, that's clever!
2018-2-2
Use props
Noah Pitzer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 271135 ft
United States

I’ve seen people on amazon and ebay selling drop devices triggered by the navigation lights on the Mavic Pro. No doubt they will be coming out with a model for the air, you could probably get the light sensor out of that and use it for your project!
2018-2-2
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It would be probably easier running some stobeon white cree's and have them flashing, I use 4 rear facing  on my MP and MPP
2018-2-2
Use props
bdge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Noah Pitzer Posted at 2018-2-2 04:51
I’ve seen people on amazon and ebay selling drop devices triggered by the navigation lights on the Mavic Pro. No doubt they will be coming out with a model for the air, you could probably get the light sensor out of that and use it for your project!

Excellent. Found this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drop- ... escue-/302392535366

It seems a little over-engineered; I'm sure an opto-switch and driver circuit and tiny solenoid could be packed into a quarter that size. Not that I'm volunteering to try and do it.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules