Inspire 1 and Zenmuse XT V2
1496 2 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

Does the updated Zenmuse XT V2 work on the Inspire 1?

We have a 210 that we wanted to use for planned missions with the XT, but there's currently no software that can execute XT missions on the 210.

So we have an almost useless XT V2, and we'd need to buy an Inspire 1 to be able to complete our missions. But I can't find any documentation that indicates if the V2 update to the camera breaks its compatibility with the Inspire 1.

Thanks

2018-2-1
Use props
Gifro10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3585072 ft
Canada

This morning I had to test this for the first time (since our Matrice 210 is not cooperating with the double gimbal setup) and I can confirm that the upgraded Zenmuse XT (V2) works with the Inspire 1.   

On a side note I noticed that still photos taken in TIFF or Radiometric JPEG do not hold the color palette that you set, it records in black and white no matter what you see on the live feed  BUT if you set the camera to JPEG 8-bit then it holds your palette choice as set.  No issues with video holding the palette choice (e.g. Fusion vs. green vs. black and white, etc)
2018-2-2
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

Gifro10 Posted at 2018-2-2 08:53
This morning I had to test this for the first time (since our Matrice 210 is not cooperating with the double gimbal setup) and I can confirm that the upgraded Zenmuse XT (V2) works with the Inspire 1.   

On a side note I noticed that still photos taken in TIFF or Radiometric JPEG do not hold the color palette that you set, it records in black and white no matter what you see on the live feed  BUT if you set the camera to JPEG 8-bit then it holds your palette choice as set.  No issues with video holding the palette choice (e.g. Fusion vs. green vs. black and white, etc)

Thanks, good to know. We can't get our 210 to work at all with the dual gimbal setup.

I think the issue with the color pallete is that the TIFF and R-JPEG actually store some additional data so you can take actual spot measurements later. They're tied to a real temperature scale.

The JPEG and and video simply store the colors, so without some external data, you can't figure out what temperature "orange" is in the image/video. Unlike the other two, where you could put the image into FLIR Tools and decide that pixel 10 was 15º C.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules