Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air's active track
1219 3 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

I shared this on FB, but I've not been on this form much and figured this is as much of a way to get back on here as any. Enjoy a few minutes of my commute. The Air followed me for a solid 5 minutes on a street/park I know well. I kept it at about 10' above all obstacles on the entire stretch. Really some amazing accuracy when you know how to use it.

2018-2-1
Use props
Chris Bury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

Question:

When connected only to a phone in "wifi mode", the drone purportedly can only fly a maximum of 300 feet from its home point.  How did you get around this?  Were you using the remote as well?  Stashed into a bag or something?  Seems a nuisance to need to have the remote; would be ideal to be able to launch and engage ActiveTrack with your phone, throw your phone in your pocket, and ride.

Thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris Bury Posted at 2018-2-1 13:29
Question:

When connected only to a phone in "wifi mode", the drone purportedly can only fly a maximum of 300 feet from its home point.  How did you get around this?  Were you using the remote as well?  Stashed into a bag or something?  Seems a nuisance to need to have the remote; would be ideal to be able to launch and engage ActiveTrack with your phone, throw your phone in your pocket, and ride.

I'm using the remote.. so no limit :-)  attached the remote wtih velco to the phone and I have a quadlock phone to handlebar holder
2018-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now