Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The future of drones
1750 13 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

I have this idea and I think it will comes true in the future.

Once the drones has sensors on all 6 sides, it senses obstacle from all sides - basically it becomes crash-proof. Now, with a restrictive flight control similar to what DJI is doing with the NFZ, we can build a path or area for drones to fly - like a guided tour, but the drones can fly however they want within the confine of the path and areas.

A company can rent out drones in let's say: Athens or Egypt and the users pay the rental fee online to control the drone from their computers. So, someone in New York can rent a drone for half an hour and fly the drone in Athens, filming and taking photos (which they can download). This can be a global service for flying drones remotely through the internet.

Of course, the barrier is safety which needs to be resolved. There has to be sensors on all sides of the drone to be 100% crash-proof. Users need to be restricted to a certain path and area and they can't venture outside of it.

This will open up a whole new way to explore the world remotely from the comfort of your own home. Maybe even paired up with a VR goggles for an immersive experience.

2018-2-1
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

you may be on to something there
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Innovative but may be a c.2100 concept LOL
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It might help a lot, although moving objects will be harder to detect before it is too late.
But very interesting.
I'm sure it is already in development in some DJIlab
2018-2-1
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

This is a great idea.  You could actually see the area where you are planning to travel in the future as an example.  
2018-2-1
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Sounds like a fun idea.. I would certainly like to try it...  like I use google street view to 'walk around' in places that I would like to visit but in real time :-)
2018-2-1
Use props
DroneManDan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

You should definitely try that out!
2018-2-1
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

DroneManDan Posted at 2018-2-1 14:06
You should definitely try that out!

Do you want to finance me to start a new company. We just need to build a fleet of 6-axis sensor drones,  bribed officials from different nations to pass the legislation and create a website and app for the service. It's easy.

2018-2-1
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

LouisP Posted at 2018-2-1 12:33
Sounds like a fun idea.. I would certainly like to try it...  like I use google street view to 'walk around' in places that I would like to visit but in real time :-)

Yes and you can capture images that you can download, it's like you are really there - as a virtual tourist.
We already had live streaming videos for 2 decades, all this does is streaming live video from a flying camera - a camera that we can positioned any where in a 3 dimensional space.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Thanks for all the suggestion and support. I believe that our engineers are working hard on developing new products.
2018-2-1
Use props
DroneManDan
lvl.4
United States

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-2-1 19:38
Do you want to finance me to start a new company. We just need to build a fleet of 6-axis sensor drones,  bribed officials from different nations to pass the legislation and create a website and app for the service. It's easy.

I'm sure it'd be cheap...
2018-2-2
Use props
DroneManDan
lvl.4
United States

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-2-1 19:38

I'm sure it'd be cheap...
2018-2-2
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Without common techical standards it will never happen.
For things like power supply, rc controller, battery, and so on.

For a start, generic power supplies supporting usb pd can deliver up to 100W.
2018-2-2
Use props
Fer García
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3054 ft
Mexico

Hertz should be reading this!!
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules