2736 32 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Fedex man showed up a day earlier than expected.  I can't wait to get it up in the air and start playing around!  Its the nicest looking DJI drone I've seen!

IMG_0456_CROP.png

Videos soon to be found at:  https://youtube.com/kloogee
2018-2-1
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gratz matey, hope to see how you get on soon!
2018-2-1
Use props
gezzer300
First Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft
United States

Gee... thats kool  Good luck bud, hope to see some more of those Kool videos
2018-2-1
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Congrats and have fun!
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats! I'm expecting more top reviews from you on this
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations. Looking very nice!
2018-2-1
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Looking good , fly safe
2018-2-1
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Awesome, couldn’t agree more. Mine (also red) finally shipped with tracking number; ordered it the 25th. Should get here next Tuesday! VERY excited. I suppose I’ll have to update my avatar!!
2018-2-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, my plans may have changed now.....  I may be reviewing the DJI Support system before I get a chance to review the Mavic Air....

2018-2-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jeeeeeeeez, already, hope you get it figured out
2018-2-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a replacement is probably going to be sent...
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-1 12:50
Looks like a replacement is probably going to be sent...

Sorry to read that mate! I'm sure they'll ship one quickly.
2018-2-1
Use props
Trip Astute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109593 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that. Looking forward to your videos on the Mavic Air!
2018-2-1
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Netherlands

I wait for the blue version so my wife doesn’t notice there’s a new one  
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Oh no, I fell the disappointment  - it's probably gone too fast in quality control.
But it's nice in its red shirt.
2018-2-1
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sux!!
Just got mine today and took maiden flight.
All went well.
2018-2-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the kind words guys!  I'm a bit disappointed because I'm like everybody else that wants to take their new toy out to play as soon as they get it.  But I'm realistic to understand that nothing can be 100%.  Hopefully the replacement process happens quickly.  The DJI support rep I worked with was very friendly and helpful.  I should get the shipping label to send the broken one back tomorrow.  It sounds like they may need to receive this one back before they will send out the new one.
2018-2-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-2-1 14:45
I wait for the blue version so my wife doesn’t notice there’s a new one

Haha, you are NOT a newlywed are you?!  Sound like you've got a bit of experience behind you!  Lol!
2018-2-1
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-1 19:54
Thanks for the kind words guys!  I'm a bit disappointed because I'm like everybody else that wants to take their new toy out to play as soon as they get it.  But I'm realistic to understand that nothing can be 100%.  Hopefully the replacement process happens quickly.  The DJI support rep I worked with was very friendly and helpful.  I should get the shipping label to send the broken one back tomorrow.  It sounds like they may need to receive this one back before they will send out the new one.

Crapola! Serious bummer, dude! Hoping for a speedy resolution & turnaround for you. Thx much for all you do for the community and for your always thoroughly excellent videos.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-1 12:20
Well, my plans may have changed now.....  I may be reviewing the DJI Support system before I get a chance to review the Mavic Air....

[view_image]

That is sad to read on this. Had you tried calibrating the Vision Sensor on DJI Assistant 2? Please try. And if it is possible, please kindly PM me with your serial number, I would like to also forward this to our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-1 19:54
Thanks for the kind words guys!  I'm a bit disappointed because I'm like everybody else that wants to take their new toy out to play as soon as they get it.  But I'm realistic to understand that nothing can be 100%.  Hopefully the replacement process happens quickly.  The DJI support rep I worked with was very friendly and helpful.  I should get the shipping label to send the broken one back tomorrow.  It sounds like they may need to receive this one back before they will send out the new one.

I'm sure you'll get a replacement very soon
2018-2-2
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

We all hope you enjoy it very much!
Cheers!
2018-2-2
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

one of the worst things, you are eager and happy, wait patiently  and then ... doa. hopefully you'll get a replacement soon.
2018-2-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

...and at launch too. Very disappointing. There should be some kind of compensation for this like free DJI Refresh for a year. DJI do have some amazing products but it seems quality control is still lagging a little.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 00:14
That is sad to read on this. Had you tried calibrating the Vision Sensor on DJI Assistant 2? Please try. And if it is possible, please kindly PM me with your serial number, I would like to also forward this to our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcjxfMocLM&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=4

Thor, PM sent with details.  I did attempt to do the Vision Sensor calibration.  However, it would never let me get to the actual calibration portion.  It would show the instructions, but the button to start the calibration was never enabled.  Next to the button for a minute there was a spinning icon for a minute, then it would go away and a message would pop up indicating to reboot the aircraft.  I would reboot the aircraft and try again with the same results.

I also refreshed the firmware and did an IMU recalibration at the recommendation of the support team.  None of that helped and I still had the same errors.
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

I suspect that due to high demand, factory sped up process of doing these so more lemons are expected to happen, unfortunately. Really sorry I'll not see your review anytime soon.
And this kind of things actually switched my mind from "early adopter" to "educated decision" type of consumer. Not just with drones, but pretty much everything else.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

No kidding. DJI sent out a brand new defective drone? At least they offered you a full refund. Better than they did for me.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-2 06:07
I suspect that due to high demand, factory sped up process of doing these so more lemons are expected to happen, unfortunately. Really sorry I'll not see your review anytime soon.
And this kind of things actually switched my mind from "early adopter" to "educated decision" type of consumer. Not just with drones, but pretty much everything else.

No manufacturing process is 100%.  Things will happen even on cars that cost exponentially more.  So far I haven't seen this as a widespread issue.  So I wouldn't get too upset about it.  

I was one of the first to get the public shipments of the Sparks on the very first day and so far, my Spark has been rock solid.  I'm optimistic when I get my replacement Mavic Air, it will be just as solid.

I've told my boys on multiple occasions when things don't go their way that sometimes life gives you what you need and not what you want.  Maybe I needed to be able to experience the support process so that I know what other people have to do when I'm trying to help answer their questions.
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-2 06:42
No manufacturing process is 100%.  Things will happen even on cars that cost exponentially more.  So far I haven't seen this as a widespread issue.  So I wouldn't get too upset about it.  

I was one of the first to get the public shipments of the Sparks on the very first day and so far, my Spark has been rock solid.  I'm optimistic when I get my replacement Mavic Air, it will be just as solid.

I completely understand there is no 100% process. But it might be from 99% down to let's say 90%. And it's usually function of time, less time you get to do something, more slack is going to happen.
That's that old economic principle of doing it quick, cheap and good but you can pick only any two.

And Sir, I do admire your optimism regarding how the things will settle. Way to go!!! Pity I've lost that kind of optimism somewhere in a process of getting older.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Real downer, genuinely feel for you .....

Is it a surprise given the DJI record ? ... probably not.

If it were me the bubble would be well and truly burst now.  We all understand that if things can go wrong they most likely will go wrong however, there is and has been so much pomp and ceremony over the launch of the baby Mavic (Spark upgrade) .... whichever way you look at it that one would be rightly thinking this has to be the best and given it is not DJI's first attempt at drone manufacturing I for one say it should be down right perfect.

If it is found to be a fault with a given component, will DJI be recalling all those drones it has shipped so far?
2018-2-2
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got my shipping label today to send my broken Mavic Air back.  Looks like they have to receive it, then will decide whether to send a new one or not.   Fingers crossed this happens quickly.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-2 06:42

You seem to be a very wise man telling your sons that! And I cross my fingers that you'll get your replacement or repair soon!
2018-2-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck, hope they get you a new one quickly.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules