3987 18 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air has issues when importing videos via Lightroom. They all import with the date of 1904-01-01. It's VERY annoying! The same issue happened with the Phantom 4 Pro when it was first released. Anyone know how to fix this or do we need to just wait for an update???
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I guess you are talking about some kind of so called EXIF data. Yes, there are tools to edit that data so you can correct your dates using these.
2018-2-1
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 10:39
I guess you are talking about some kind of so called EXIF data. Yes, there are tools to edit that data so you can correct your dates using these.

It's just annoying to have to do that. I use Lightroom because it easily organizes and catalogs my pictures and videos automatically. I hope DJI fixes this soon.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2018-2-1 10:56
It's just annoying to have to do that. I use Lightroom because it easily organizes and catalogs my pictures and videos automatically. I hope DJI fixes this soon.

Yeah, brand new product so little annoyances like this are to be expected.
Tough life of early adopters, I guess.
2018-2-1
Use props
samg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have this problem. What is so funny is that like you said the problem occurred with the P4 Pro, and Spark when first released but was fixed by firmware updates and then they release the Mavic air with the same issue. Do the divisions within DJI just not talk to each other!!
2018-2-1
Use props
takmack
lvl.1
Spain

I am having the same issues.

Do any of you know of a firmware fix for this yet?

Only seems to be with the MP4s - DNGs are dated fine... Frustrating having to alter dates...
2018-3-2
Use props
jeffbernhard_com
lvl.1

United States

Had the MA over a year now and this problem still occurs. Wtf
2019-2-16
Use props
Mullazman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1160968 ft
Australia

Yeah was there every a fix for this? I've tried:
Tried and failed:
- Importing directly from Mavic Air using supplied USB C cable
- Importing from USB card reader with SD card from Mavic Air

It seems it's video only. I can select all the clips after import and set the time to the file's creation date, which is reliable and then the correct metadata is written - but then in my import I now still have to move all the video to the appropriate folder, which just adds very unnecessary work.

DJI, any help on the matter, please?
2019-5-6
Use props
Mullazman
lvl.2
Australia

Checkout this thread -> https://forum.dji.com/thread-151498-1-1.html
kjetilk resolved this with the following code in a powershell script using exiftool

./exiftool -v0 -progress -overwrite_original "-CreateDate<FileModifyDate" "-ModifyDate<FileModifyDate" "-TrackCreateDate<FileModifyDate" "-TrackModifyDate<FileModifyDate" "-MediaCreateDate<FileModifyDate" "-MediaModifyDate<FileModifyDate" "-FileCreateDate<FileModifyDate" H:\Media\1904\1904-01-01\*.MP4

./exiftool -v0 -progress -overwrite_original "-CreateDate>FileModifyDate" H:\Media\1904\1904-01-01\*.MP4

Replace the tool location with yours and the folder location with yours, and the filetype if you're using .MOV

Confirmed working.
2019-5-7
Use props
bensh00
New
Israel

copying to a temp folder on PC before import by LR seem to solve it...
2019-6-19
Use props
bensh00
New
Israel

bensh00 Posted at 6-19 15:30
copying to a temp folder on PC before import by LR seem to solve it...

sorry - my mistake seemed to work but actually doesn't
2019-6-19
Use props
paulobrandao
New
Flight distance : 20177 ft
Spain

I have the same problem, any solution now?
2019-7-1
Use props
JoshFromPerth
lvl.2

Hey guys, can everyone like this post, and we'll try and indicate support for this fix to show DJI we're still interested. My previous method of resolving the issue doesn't work any more - not sure what's changed.
2019-9-9
Use props
YpsilonTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14491 ft
Belgium

Hey,

To be honest this is outrages.
A product that has a main focus on video but can't seem to be able to fix something as simple as adding Metadata to a video file.
The fact that you can find people complain about it since the release of the Mavic Air just makes it worse.
Because only the mavic air seems to have this problem, I can't imagine why they can't fix it.
I think it's just a matter of putting someone on the problem and releasing an update.

It's really annoying when I import alot of video clips they all show as being filmed in 1904....
2020-2-8
Use props
fansf27bc3ba
New
Flight distance : 127753 ft
Brazil

Same problem here. Only with the video files... Hey DJI! Any sollutions?
2020-4-23
Use props
YpsilonTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14491 ft
Belgium

YpsilonTM Posted at 2-8 07:54
Hey,

To be honest this is outrages.

DJI??
I guess we have to deal with it we bought the mavic and that's all we get.

2020-4-25
Use props
aemme80
New

Italy

Hello! Same problem to me. Pictures ok, video KO. The problem is that the drone is not writing metadata of the video clip. I spent the whole afternoon with Adobe and at the end that’s the clear conclusion. DJI has to solve the problem by firmware update. I’m now in contact with DJI and next week I should have a feedback from the technician. In the meanwhile, somebody found out a solution?
2020-5-22
Use props
aemme80
New

Italy

... and I had a strange thing. In 2018 I had the problem from March to May, then between 2018 and 2019 everything was perfect and during 2019 happen again... now, in the last month I moved to Premiere Pro and it’s terrible!
2020-5-22
Use props
LuisOntiveros
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245610 ft
Venezuela

Here is the solution https://forum.dji.com/thread-151498-1-1.html
and to install the exif https://exiftool.org/install.html#Windows
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now