DJI Hate
5551 55 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

check out DCRaymaker's own video, where he literally complains about the same issues. RC disconnected and RTHing into trees (mine actually RTH'ed the wrong way). Fortunately for him, i'm sure DJI just mails him new ones for nothing. (3m3s into the video)

"signal loss which you will see a lot of today"
2018-2-2
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I agree 100% with the statement above. Why people choose to buy directly from DJI is beyond me. It’s much easier to buy from Best Buy or some other local place that sells them. If you have a problem with it you just bring it back problem solved. Work smart not hard.
2018-2-2
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-2 11:40
I agree 100% with the statement above. Why people choose to buy directly from DJI is beyond me. It’s much easier to buy from Best Buy or some other local place that sells them. If you have a problem with it you just bring it back problem solved. Work smart not hard.

I didn't have an option of buying my platinum locally. I also pre-ordered it. I have also learned from this mistake and will never do either again.
2018-2-2
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 11:46
I think you have this with many brands. You can't satisfy everybody.
That does not free DJI from giving all they have got of course.
But so far DJI has been very helpful for me too!

I said something similar a few drones ago.
2018-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-5 22:53
I said something similar a few drones ago.

That is unfortunate I must say.
So far I had no issues, but who knows what the future holds.
2018-2-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-5 23:10
That is unfortunate I must say.
So far I had no issues, but who knows what the future holds.

I haven't had any issues with my Spark, goggles, or osmo+. I only wish I could say the same thing about my Platinum.. So far I have only had one working platinum (my 2nd) and the camera stopped working on that one. They send me used ones that have problems like sensors not working and this last one has USB cover that doesn't stay closed.

I finally got an email response from their corporate center to figure out what to do going forward here..they told me Thurs. Feb 1st I would here from them within 48 hours. Still nothing. 8 days of just sitting on a defective drone.. bah.. this is beyond depressing I don't drink but I think I need to start.
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-6 12:55
I haven't had any issues with my Spark, goggles, or osmo+. I only wish I could say the same thing about my Platinum.. So far I have only had one working platinum (my 2nd) and the camera stopped working on that one. They send me used ones that have problems like sensors not working and this last one has USB cover that doesn't stay closed.

I finally got an email response from their corporate center to figure out what to do going forward here..they told me Thurs. Feb 1st I would here from them within 48 hours. Still nothing. 8 days of just sitting on a defective drone.. bah.. this is beyond depressing  I don't drink but I think I need to start.

Just kidding right ...
But depressing that is
2018-2-6
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-2-1 11:16
" ....it seems all these flyaway scares, crashes, etc. are mostly pilot error. "

A few times now I've taken off before the gps has had time to fully connect and ended up crashing my drone just to save it.
2018-2-6
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaineMavick Posted at 2018-2-6 16:18
A few times now I've taken off before the gps has had time to fully connect and ended up crashing my drone just to save it.

good point to bring up... few months ago on a couple of occasions I almost took off w/out that gps so yes that could become an issue for some as you pointed out.
2018-2-6
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Thailand

Product great! Customer care sucks! Much of the care is empathy with no meaning. Sorry for your loss, yes we can help, then It fails!
2018-2-6
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I bought a Mavic Pro about a year ago. It flew fine for about a month. I was forced to do software upgrades and it hasn't flown right since. The mavic will fly connected to my phone via WiFi but it will not connect to the phone through the app. I tried for about 6 months working with DJI and reaching out to forums, asking for help and trying different things. I was never able to get it to work correctly. Time wore on and I just gave up. DJI does not have an answer for me, I asked. There are other users with the same issue. Buyer beware,
2018-2-6
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

Always amazes me how "good customer support" is usually linked to customers getting something for free.  

As sad as it is, its actually rare in today's world where someone accepts responsibility for their actions.  Instead, if someones drone fly's away or crashes, well - of course it has to be DJI's fault, because after all - it cannot possibly be the operator, so there MUST be someone else to blame.  And what do you mean DJI wants to actually look at the logs?  Don't they know that the self entitled operator is the most important person in the world and could not possibly make a mistake?  And why were they not moved to the front of the ticket queue?  After all, they ARE the most important person in the world.  Doesn't DJI know how much the customer paid for this (my personal favorite).  And of course, its all just a giant evil plot for DJI to get out of paying for the warranty coverage for obviously defective product (wink).

I actually believe DJI does a great job with their customers.  On top of that - they actively reach out to customers on the forums to try to solve customer issues proactively (many of which have not even bothered to open a support ticket, but instead use the forums as their personal "soapbox" to try and rally support from other mindless lemmings in a feeble attempt to somehow validate their low self esteem).  So to all you crusaders out there with empty lives and absolutely nothing else to do with your time, I say - good for you champion! (perhaps later you can go count in your "participant" trophies and recall your glory days)

But I digress.  
Absolutely no hate for DJI here!   

2018-2-6
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-6 13:54
Just kidding right ...
But depressing that is

nah he's not kidding drinking fixes a lot of problems you know you should try it out some day but note that it's illegal to fly a drone if you're not sober
2018-2-6
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-1 13:45
With the risk of being misunderstood and getting verbal fuss, I still want to throw the following into discussion. Remember, I'm Danish, and do not master the English language to perfection, but I try my best.

Here goes:

I think you have the nail on the head. I'm fairly new here, but all you have written agrees with my experience with the Chinese culture. They aren't bad or incompetent, they simply don't understand what the rest of the world considers good business practice.

I think their products are excellent, and though I'm a new user and can't get much of anything to work right, I blame myself for that mostly. But, in my defense, DJI products come with the worst documentation I have ever seen, including the abysmal excuse for a manual that Microsoft delivered with Visual C++ 1.4, and the utterly incomprehensible sample application called "Scribble."

Yes, there's a manual published online for my Mavic Pro Platinum, but that's worthless to me, since the only place I use my Mavic is in the middle of the Mojave desert, where there's no such thing as an Internet. Any product that ships without a comprehensive, detailed manual in plain English should be banned from import.

Thanks for sharing your insight...
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-6 19:34
nah he's not kidding drinking fixes a lot of problems you know you should try it out some day but note that it's illegal to fly a drone if you're not sober

Nah, I've seen enough problems that were 'solved' that way in my early years.
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_NiD1hxkMZh8n
New

United States

they make the best drone but support does not exsist and their website is a big piece of trash and as worthless as support.  getting one repaired.  Forget it.   
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules