DJI Hate
12Next >
5550 55 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WE9T1HkiCW1U
New
United States

What's with all the hate against DJI? To me they've been nothing but helpful to me atleast, plus it seems all these flyaway scares, crashes, etc. are mostly pilot error. Idk I feel like all these negative reviews outweigh the positive and it seems kinda unfair to DJI. Let me know your thoughts about it.
2018-2-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

It is all about their perception of customer service and how to keep happy customers.
Hopefully 2018 is the year that we can read more positive stories about the DJI customer service.
2018-2-1
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

just been reading this, a little ironic
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132812-1-1.html
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love their products and have mainly positive experiences during my custom with them. I love the hobby and they are the most innovative manufacturer out there. That said, there will always be unhappy and disgruntled customers in any business and one complaint tends to carry more weight than ten compliments. And they must be doing something right for their founder and CEO to become the youngest billionaire in Asia.
2018-2-1
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

" ....it seems all these flyaway scares, crashes, etc. are mostly pilot error. "

I would have to agree with this statement. Not always but I'm sure a lot of pilot errors who throw the blame game over to DJI. I had a crash several months ago and blamed myself for the error.
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think you have this with many brands. You can't satisfy everybody.
That does not free DJI from giving all they have got of course.
But so far DJI has been very helpful for me too!
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 11:46
I think you have this with many brands. You can't satisfy everybody.
That does not free DJI from giving all they have got of course.
But so far DJI has been very helpful for me too!

Well said Montfrooij
2018-2-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I myself have no complaints, but haven’t had experience with their customer service. The moderators here help me with my order. With that being my first order I was a bit edgy, but they handled it nicely. So THANKS DJI
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

With the risk of being misunderstood and getting verbal fuss, I still want to throw the following into discussion. Remember, I'm Danish, and do not master the English language to perfection, but I try my best.

Here goes:

So far, I have not been in need of help from DJI customer service, and I never hope it will be necessary. Having said that, I've been following here almost every single day since I created my user account and have often seen a DJI supporter/moderator jump into the threads doing the best to be helpful.

What I think can often cause problems is that the DJI people, as I have understood it, are all Chinese and therefore from a completely different culture, and with a completely different (logical for them) way of communicating. They have grown up with a much different mindset.

Occasionally, I can not help comparing their approach to threads, as the way eBay sellers react. From them there is also one submissive apology after another ... it is simply important for a Chinese person to express kindness, sympathy and understanding, regardless of the resistance they may encounter and / or feel.

I have a good Danish friend who is married to a Chinese woman, and I know from both of them that there are really many things Westerners and people from Eastern countries perceive widely differently. This will inevitably result in misunderstandings from time to time, and as well will the major language barriers. My friends also have told me that there is a very heavy hierarchy in China everywhere, and at all levels. You are not "free" in the same way as in the West.

When the wallet has to get out of the back pocket, to refund a defective item, an incorrectly submitted item, or otherwise, the problem escalates. My own view of this is that the poor person you communicate with, at times simply do not dare to do anything. It does not make things easier for any of the parties though.

I do not know what's going on behind the scenes, but I do not think it's a nice place to be. And I think we owe each other, always to be reasonably courteous even though we can be angry.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

4 lemons in a row.. their service sucks.. I'm still waiting.. going on 3 days.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK - firstly, as an Englishmen from birth I must say your command of my language is impeccable and very eloquent!
I completely agree with you and it is easy to forget that the Chinese market and culture is very different to western countries and I love how DJI have helped to bridge the west and the east.
Very well written and articulate - you hit the nail on the head.
2018-2-1
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Forums like this are the perfect platform for people to complain. That's why it's overwhelmingly negative on the forums. However, I bet if you asked every DJI owner the overall perception of the Brand would be overwhelmingly positive. I personally love DJI and have nothing but great things to say about them. There is no one better in the market space.
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-2-1 11:16
" ....it seems all these flyaway scares, crashes, etc. are mostly pilot error. "

My continuing saga of 4 returned Mavic Pros, terrible customer service, false promises, mistakes, non-communication and ignored problems is well documented on these forums. As is the defective out the box DJI Car Charger, and the defective Osmo+, whose problems are echoed by many Osmo owners, yet ignored by DJI.

I crashed my first Mavic Pro... it was my fault, freely admitted, I  even posted the video! It was not replaced by DJI Care Refresh as I couldn't recover it, so I had to  buy a new Mavic Pro. Those who crash their drones through pilot error and get a refurbished aircraft via DJI Care Refresh have little to complain about. But customers who receive refurbished aircraft with potentially hundreds of hours of abuse, in exchange for their brand new (but defective) aircraft do have a legitimate reason to complain. And that's where my story begins.

That said, I live by the credo, "Credit where credit is due," and when DJI does something right, I credit them for it... just as I did when I returned my defective car charger, and received a new one two weeks later.

The fact is, it seems like when DJI screws up. they screw up REALLY, REALLY badly, and they have no idea how to fix it. As said, above, I hope 2018 is more promising
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

they say fake news and make bad technology. a drone should NEVER fly away from you
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-1 17:31
My continuing saga of 4 returned Mavic Pros, terrible customer service, false promises, mistakes, non-communication and ignored problems is well documented on these forums. As is the defective out the box DJI Car Charger, and the defective Osmo+, whose problems are echoed by many Osmo owners, yet ignored by DJI.

I crashed my first Mavic Pro... it was my fault, freely admitted, I  even posted the video! It was not replaced by DJI Care Refresh as I couldn't recover it, so I had to  buy a new Mavic Pro. Those who crash their drones through pilot error and get a refurbished aircraft via DJI Care Refresh have little to complain about. But customers who receive refurbished aircraft with potentially hundreds of hours of abuse, in exchange for their brand new (but defective) aircraft do have a legitimate reason to complain. And that's where my story begins.

"But customers who receive refurbished aircraft with potentially hundreds of hours of abuse, in exchange for their brand new (but defective) aircraft do have a legitimate reason to complain"

Bingo!!! My story too.. I bought a brand new platinum. It never flew right. Sent another out.. refurb.. camera did work.. send another.. sensor malfunctioned.. sent another one.. this one has a USB cover that has been used so much it doesn't stay closed and the TAB is defective.   

TBH.. I'm going on drone number 5. 4 months of waiting (5 with pre-order) and I still have NOT received a working, new drone.  Mad? Damn right I am!!
2018-2-1
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

Without knowing how many drones they've shipped.?
You will never know what the "actual" failure rate is.?

Also how many failures are genuine Hardware vs Software.?

Just a note,
The industrial Revolution started in the West @150 years ago...
In China it started in the 1960's slowly, ramped up in the 90's, look at them now
Not making excuses... just saying
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 14:56
4 lemons in a row.. their service sucks.. I'm still waiting.. going on 3 days.

Iverson, we sympathize with your situation, your case has been escalated, hope things will be addressed soon. We appreciate your patience.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-1 17:31
My continuing saga of 4 returned Mavic Pros, terrible customer service, false promises, mistakes, non-communication and ignored problems is well documented on these forums. As is the defective out the box DJI Car Charger, and the defective Osmo+, whose problems are echoed by many Osmo owners, yet ignored by DJI.

Jyunte, we are sorry for your unpleasant experience. DJI Susan has explained your case and the local team is following up on it. Please wait patiently. And please don't keep spamming and post the thread repeatedly, users might be banned if they violate the forum regulations. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 17:47
they say fake news and make bad technology. a drone should NEVER fly away from you

We had explained your situation on this thread.
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 23:16
Jyunte, we are sorry for your unpleasant experience. DJI Susan has explained your case and the local team is following up on it. Please wait patiently. And please don't keep spamming and post the thread repeatedly, users might be banned if they violate the forum regulations. Appreciate your understanding.

DJI Thor, I have not been spamming the forum. You have been constantly deleting posts and moving them from the forum where they were posted. These threads had been there for weeks and even months and dozens of people had responded to them. Then you deleted them, or moved them to another forum, or embedded them into another thread, and even changed subject lines. You claim these threads belonged in other forums. Had they been moved to these other forums immediately, I might have believed you, but you didn't, you moved them weeks later, and after dozens  of people began adding their reports of similar problems with DJI products. I suggest you're trying to hide the bad publicity.

You have deleted two other popular threads of mine this evening. I have given DJI good reviews when it has done well, and bad reviews when it has done poorly. If you don't want me to post new threads about my experiences with DJI Support, STOP DELETING THEM so that I can update just the one thread!

This thread is titled "DJI Hate". This is exactly why some people dislike DJI.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

We really appreciate all of you guys' positive inputs here. Thanks for the support of our product and support. This is really encouraged, which provides us with more motivations to keep on going.
Some people might prefer to post their unpleasant experiences in the forum and hope to get more attention, for the first thing, we will do the best to help with the difficulties, and we also thank for these voices and feedback to our products and customers service which will help us to know the shortcoming and make our service better. If there is any problem, you are welcome to post on the forum and we will try our effort to get it addressed.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I have the Answer:

1) DJI Sort of model themselves on Apple
2) I have many Apple Products but I like many Hate Apple as a Company
3) So People also love DJI Products but Hate the Company.......................

Go Figure
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 23:39
We really appreciate all of you guys' positive inputs here. Thanks for the support of our product and support. This is really encouraged, which provides us with more motivations to keep on going.
Some people might prefer to post their unpleasant experiences in the forum and hope to get more attention, for the first thing, we will do the best to help with the difficulties, and we also thank for these voices and feedback to our products and customers service which will help us to know the shortcoming and make our service better. If there is any problem, you are welcome to post on the forum and we will try our effort to get it addressed.

Keep doing what you're doing - grand job!
2018-2-1
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

I don't think that Jyunte has an issue with dji Thor, he is quite a helpful chappie.  It's the company policies (way above his pay level) regarding exchanging old for new and introducing fresh problems.

Imagine if a car company tried that!

Even their most loyal fanbois don't have an answer which would appease many/most users who are experiencing a problem.

* hex *
2018-2-2
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

When I crashed my mavic pro I considered all options for the repair, somehow (in spite of negative reviews + slow service + expensive repair) I decided to send the drone to DJI in Netherlands.

The service was courteous, quick and affordable. The replacement was immaculate.

I also understand that the product won't be dismantled, repaired and tested in Europe and that they prefer to have a bunch of refurbished unit ready from China available in Europe.

In the past I did get quiet a few apple product replacements and the service was often slow. On one occasion, an out of the box ipad was faulty and was replaced by a faulty unit only for the 3rd one to be in good working order.
2018-2-2
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

So recently I purchased a DJI Mavic Pro Refurbished from NewEgg. I figured since it was sold from DJI official, it would be OK. Boy was I wrong.

Long story short, I was flying the Mavic on Christmas day outside my in law's cabin (wide open area for taking off and landing). As I was flying around landing it manually, the RC disconnected from the Mavic at no more than 3 meters away from me. RTH was pinpointed at 13m away from the drone according to the flight log they sent me. The RC disconnect was out of the blue, without any signal interference warnings or issues (also confirmed by flight log). The Mavic then held position, stopped about 12ft above me, stopped again, then FLEW AWAY from RTH by about 20ft. It then hovered there for a little bit and flew right into the trees. Destroyed the gimbal and all rotors. I send it in to Newegg and DJI for refund and they refused to refund my purchased. They are saying that It is MY fault the controller disconnected from the drone, triggering RTH under trees. While I wont lie, I was NEAR the trees, the drone flew underneath the trees on it's own when it disconnected. Not only is it DJI's fault for the disconnection from RC issue, but also for flying the wrong way from RTH, to get to RTH. For DJI to blame me for the fault is an abosolute ridiculous claim.

RTH crash FLY075 1. Unit took off with normal GPS signal, unit was responsive. 2. At t=513s, unit lost RC connection and triggered RTH when unit was 13m away from home location

That it literally what they sent me about the drone log. #3 was crash reported after RTH.

After multiple phone calls and even Newegg trying to push a refund in siding with me, DJI still refuses. They stand by their claim that my drone crash was caused "by user error." Looking further into it, I noticed that ALL the 1 star reviews on the Newegg MavicRefurb website have to deal with problems with them being refurbs. I do not have the only crash complaint on there. It is absolutely insane to completely discredit your customer when there are plenty of more people, unhappily, who are dealing with similar issues. I do plan on filing a formal complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office as well as the BBB although BBB isnt what they once were with customer help

After a SECOND evaluation of flight log data, they are still unwilling to admit any fault. They purely stated that they will just "not issue a refund as the unit was not malfunctioning." However, they are continually flat out ignoring my two questions that I have been constantly asking:

1.) Should an RC disconnect at such a short distance (again, 5ft) be expected? (especially since the DJI GO 4 App showed ZERO signal interference issues) (they replied to this and blamed my antenna position. I mean, really? at 5ft away the antennas could be removed and it should still be connected (mind you the adverts say it could fly up to 4miles away)

2.) During the RTH activation, the drone flew away from RTH before acending to the RTH altitude. Why did it fly away from home? (this is not how the instruction manual reads for an RTH activation)

I asked these two questions to them again today, and not one of them (DJI North American Management and DJI forum Admins) have taken any interest in replying. I am willing to take the hit in repair the drone on my own, but I want to make sure that others read my story and hopefully take it into consideration. Please buy yourself 3rd party insurance like the one State Farm offers. I would not expect DJI to uphold any kind of care refresh claim with this level of abhorent customer service. DJI Thor has replied so far, stating the same BS that I got from other DJI employees, however they still don't have an answer for the second topic.

The only advisable way to fly these $1000 drones is to make sure you have a 3rd party insurance attached to them. Because these things will inevitably have a problem and DJI will not be there to stand by their product (unless you pay them to fix it).
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 22:53
Iverson, we sympathize with your situation, your case has been escalated, hope things will be addressed soon. We appreciate your patience.

what about me homie? You still ignoring me?
2018-2-2
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

first knock on wood i have had DJI drones for almost 4 years and no problems and love their products.

I think a lot of the issues are pilot related but the ones that are not from what I have personally noticed are the following problems people have.

Receiving their new drones timely directly from DJI and returns and all that causing problems - Solution, buy local at Target or Best buy and if you have a problem you bring it right back. And you dont have to wait for the drone to ship when you first buy it. Seriously dont understand why people buy from DJI.com

DJI Repair issues - Solution, get it insured by State Farm. I will never have to send mine OUT for repair and wait for a USED replacement and deal with customer service.

Random Flyaways and failures- I personally never seen anything like this but its a computer and things could malfunction- Solution, Buy State Farm insurance and if that happens its replaced in a few days. Actually even if i crash the thing into a brick wall i get it replaced. Its a no brainer considering i wouldnt have to send logs or wait for DJI to see whos fault it was or anything. I just get a check and go back to Target.

Summary- buy yourself insurance for less then the cost of DJI care and have ZERO worries besides where you are going to fly next!

2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Can you get state farm on a used drone? Something I have had for a year? @ny300z
2018-2-2
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 07:32
Can you get state farm on a used drone? Something I have had for a year? @ny300z

I am not 100% sure but its worth a call to ask. I assume you can as long as you have the receipt still.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

That might just be my answer. Thank you.
2018-2-2
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 07:36

no problem, good luck.
2018-2-2
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

The Mavic Air is my 3rd DJI quadcopter, so not much hate here.
2018-2-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 07:32
Can you get state farm on a used drone? Something I have had for a year? @ny300z

Yup, except California, here is a list of available agents State Farm, pretty much all State Farm agents sell it. I insured a Used Mavic pro & P4P for $75 included both drones ($2500.00 total coverage) under 1 policy.
2018-2-2
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 07:36

I thought you had decided to set up a case at DJI?
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

DJI Thor is savage in this thread

There are 3 people complaining in this thread. He tried to use comment history against one of them when it was completely irrevelant and threatened to ban another. Savage lol
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-2 07:42
I thought you had decided to set up a case at DJI?

One would have to be a fool to trust the same people who have been jerking them around for months. I said in another thread I might sell it as is, or send into refresh. Knowing I can't trust DJI, I am now thinking I might start insurance through state farm or something. However I own my house outright, and I am not sure who I use for auto. Gotta figure it out. However, sending into DJI refresh I have decided for me it wouldn't be a good idea. Plus all the horror stories online, one guy is on his forth drone, waiting on the fifth, as his refresh runs out. Please.......
2018-2-2
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-2 07:58
DJI Thor is savage in this thread

They're actively hiding negative complaints with legitimate criticism. When I mentioned the fact that the DJI Go app has a 2.7 out of 5 review on the Google Play store to a DJI MANAGER, dude lit me up and said that he didn't want to talk about "other" issues. Unfortunately for him, I had to politely explain that the fact the app is so subpar, I had to turn off local caching due to people on this very forum suggesting it to have the app run more reliably.

its like they are literally refusing to take any kind of criticism. If only they spent as much time helping actual customers as they do sending free drones to popular youtubers, they might actually have a reputable after sales team.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-2 07:42
Yup, except California, here is a list of available agents State Farm, pretty much all State Farm agents sell it. I insured a Used Mavic pro & P4P for $75 included both drones ($2500.00 total coverage) under 1 policy.

Thanks for posting this. I live in Cali........ Guess State Farm is out. Running out of options here
2018-2-2
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Lol, seems my reply was not allowed.
To sum up .. pis s poor coding on the Android app from a billion dollar comapny

DJI will be xposed soon and s ued.
2018-2-2
Use props
12Next >