Carrying case for Mavic Pro with Propeller Guards attached?
2416 13 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Goodday,

Looking for a carry case that will hold Mavic Pro with Propeller Guards attached to Mavic Pro.  Would be nice if there was such case that would do same with Propeller Cages attached.

Searches here have not turned up any Threads with such information.  Googling brings up Mavic Pro or Propeller Guards or Cases, but not a case that will hold Mavic Pro with Propeller Guards attched.

Thanks in advance
HedgeTrimmer

2018-2-1
Use props
Noah Pitzer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 271135 ft
United States

So you are talking Mavic unfolded? Sorry man, you aren’t gonna get much luck. The Mavic’s standout feature is portability and case designers will utilize that. You might have to make your own or modify another drone case... good luck.

If you are talking “will fit the propeller guards inside” then yes. Many cases are small, so look for Mavic cases that are big and spacious, for people who want to take all their acessories. However, it isn’t likely that there will be a designated spot designed for the guards. Anyway, good luck.
2018-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Noah Pitzer Posted at 2018-2-1 12:48
So you are talking Mavic unfolded? Sorry man, you aren’t gonna get much luck.

Thanks for reply.
I wanted the  case, so I could pull drone out ready to go.  Versus messing with guards.  
Planning to use it on trail (me parked) to film friends snowmobiling.
2018-2-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be one heck of a big case if you do find one.
2018-2-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

mycasebuilder.com take a picture of your drone with guards attached, and then make foam to fit a case you have. although for basic flying not sure why you fell the need for the cages or guards
2018-2-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

this was one I designed for my P3 4K

and the finished product

2018-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-1 20:16
this was one I designed for my P3 4K

[view_image]

Nice!

Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-1 20:10
although for basic flying not sure why you fell the need for the cages or guards

I have some safety concerns.  Not simply for drone, but for people.  Read yet another post about drone working perfectly at first then going dangerously crazy.

I doubt cages will work, based on some recent testing.  Fall back is guards.  

Again, thank you!
2018-2-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

welcome and yea the cages are overkill, and kill flight time by half
2018-2-1
Use props
mrtug
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever find anything?  I've been looking for the same sort of case.  I've found the cages work really well for indoor flying.  Most of my flying is done for video production on Inspire 2 and Inspire 1 frames.  I use the Mavic exclusively for indoor flying for situations like police training (active shooter scenarios).  While the flight time is reduced, it helps you to fly blind from outside the room.  I've inadvertently bounced it off of walls and other side obstacles without any issues by using the cages.
2018-6-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

mrtug Posted at 2018-6-17 16:49
Did you ever find anything?  I've been looking for the same sort of case.  I've found the cages work really well for indoor flying.  Most of my flying is done for video production on Inspire 2 and Inspire 1 frames.  I use the Mavic exclusively for indoor flying for situations like police training (active shooter scenarios).  While the flight time is reduced, it helps you to fly blind from outside the room.  I've inadvertently bounced it off of walls and other side obstacles without any issues by using the cages.

Nope.   Nothing that I thought was workable with Prop Guards on.
I ended up with a backpack that comes with hard case for Mavic Pro.  The backpack holds everything, except the extra large landing pad.
2018-6-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-1 20:16
this was one I designed for my P3 4K

[view_image]

One of the best looking and neatly organised case for DJI Phantom. Thanks for sharing.
2018-7-19
Use props
Mao72it
New

Italy

Hello, somebody knows if I can use the propeller guard of Mavic Pro on Mavic 2?

Thanks.
Maurizio IT
2019-1-1
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

it would be good if we could detach or fold the front landing pads and have a gap for the prop guards to slot in when we fold mavic up
2019-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules