Spark to be discontinued?
4692 44 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-2-1 13:29
I don’t think so, but at the same time wouldn’t surprise me.  The Mavic Air is the Spark2 what everyone has been asking for.    Other than price, why would you get a spark over a Mavic Air these days.

If it happens, it’s ok with me...I won’t feel ripped off or betrayed....My spark will still fly the same way it did when I bought it.   I would they would continue to support the spark for at least another year or so though

The Mavic Air is not a Spark and definitely not what everyone has been asking for. Everybody here wish for a lighter drone than 250g, not a heavier one like the Air. I don't want the Mavic Air because I find it too big. Like most people here, I wish for something like a spark but less than 250g.
2019-1-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

CarolinaDrones Posted at 1-13 09:53
I have bought 4 Fly More Combos for less than $400 each.

wow, where? I paid 650 cad and it was the best price I could find. Americans are very lucky, you pay everything so much cheaper than we do.
2019-1-13
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Let me know where these clearance sales are, I will buy a couple more sparks, having a blast with my firstborn and could always use if you back ups.
2019-2-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-13 18:53
The Mavic Air is not a Spark and definitely not what everyone has been asking for. Everybody here wish for a lighter drone than 250g, not a heavier one like the Air. I don't want the Mavic Air because I find it too big. Like most people here, I wish for something like a spark but less than 250g.

So no one has ever asked for a spark with more battery life, longer range, 3axis gimbal and 4K video ?  Must have completely misread all those posts asking for that

Spark under 250gms ?  Never asked for that...that will just make it less stable in the wind.

Size ?  Air is smaller than spark when folded up.   In the air, who cares how big it is.  It’s the size when transporting that’s the main issue.

2019-2-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

CarolinaDrones Posted at 1-13 09:40
I love my Spark and I sold my Mavic Air as soon as the Mavic 2 Pro was released. I have several drones and my Spark gets more air time than any of them. It’s ready to go on my charging station all the time. I had problems with the Air from day 1 and was happy when I sold it.

There are signs that the Spark is being discontinued or replaced by something in the DJI Store since it looks like you can only get Alpine White or Red right now. The other colors are gone, not out of stock.

Yep.  I do love the charging station and is the biggest inhibitor to me upgrading to the Air (and money of course).   I’m very happy with the spark so while I do want the features of the Mavic Air, i’m In no huge rush to upgrade.

The fact that it’s been almost 2 years since they released the spark (I think it’s been that long anyway) and we’ve seen so many Mavic releases, but nothing from the spark, makes me think there won’t be another spark.   
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules