12Next >
52018 53 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InThisLifeOrTheNext
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4856 ft
United States

I have the new Mavic Air. I can pair just the remote to the drone without the phone attached. It works in Wi-Fi mode but that's it. I have updated both the remote and the drone through the DJI assistant 2. My personal iPhone cable won't work and the one they gave me won't work. I am seriously lost here any guidance would be appreciated. I know sometimes things are "operator error" but I have looked through the books and have watched a few videos on pairing mode. Does the fact that I tried wifi mode first have anything to do with this? Help please.
2018-2-1
Use props
InThisLifeOrTheNext
lvl.2
United States

I may have solved this... If an admin or someone knowledgeable can confirm this. So I refreshed the update on each device one more time. However, this time when I plugged my phone in after the updates and after reinstalling the Go app I went and clicked connect via wifi except this time I picked the with remote version... I am assuming I should've done this from the beginning? This would be the correct way to have connected the controller from the beginning? I was guided by a tutorial to hit camera view in the app then try and link the remote through the camera view. I just want to make sure i don't have a half working expensive drone ha. Thanks for whatever input is added.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

InThisLifeOrTheNext Posted at 2018-2-1 18:13
I may have solved this... If an admin or someone knowledgeable can confirm this. So I refreshed the update on each device one more time. However, this time when I plugged my phone in after the updates and after reinstalling the Go app I went and clicked connect via wifi except this time I picked the with remote version... I am assuming I should've done this from the beginning? This would be the correct way to have connected the controller from the beginning? I was guided by a tutorial to hit camera view in the app then try and link the remote through the camera view. I just want to make sure i don't have a half working expensive drone ha. Thanks for whatever input is added.

If you connect the mobile device to the RC, after clicking the "Enter Device", if there is a page popping up to let you choose "Connect to Aircraft's WiFi" or "Enter Camera View", you need to choose directly enter camera view. This options would pop up when the aircraft has not been connected. If the drone is connected to the RC at that time, and you had connected the mobile device via the USB cable, then after clicking the Enter Device, you will go to the live view directly. So you can try again, make sure that all connections are normally.
2018-2-1
Use props
InThisLifeOrTheNext
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 20:25
If you connect the mobile device to the RC, after clicking the "Enter Device", if there is a page popping up to let you choose "Connect to Aircraft's WiFi" or "Enter Camera View", you need to choose directly enter camera view. This options would pop up when the aircraft has not been connected. If the drone is connected to the RC at that time, and you had connected the mobile device via the USB cable, then after clicking the Enter Device, you will go to the live view directly. So you can try again, make sure that all connections are normally.

When I hit "enter the camera view" it takes me to a disconnected screen where then I hit the three buttons up in the top right corner. Then I go to the remote icon and hit link controller. That doesn't work and yes I tap the button on the back of the Air until it beeps once. The remote never makes any sound like it wants to connect so I got it to work when I click " Connect to the Aircrafts Wi-Fi" Then I hit wired connection. It connects this way... Is that a correct way of doing so? or is the other way more reliable an a stronger connection?
2018-2-1
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

InThisLifeOrTheNext Posted at 2018-2-1 20:32
When I hit "enter the camera view" it takes me to a disconnected screen where then I hit the three buttons up in the top right corner. Then I go to the remote icon and hit link controller. That doesn't work and yes I tap the button on the back of the Air until it beeps once. The remote never makes any sound like it wants to connect so I got it to work when I click " Connect to the Aircrafts Wi-Fi" Then I hit wired connection. It connects this way... Is that a correct way of doing so? or is the other way more reliable an a stronger connection?

I am having similar issues. I can’t get past step 4. It won’t let me click “Link” when it’s in blue at the bottom. I did an update and then it restarted itself twice during it and completed and was blinking green as if it were connected but trying to get connected again isn’t working
2018-2-6
Use props
InThisLifeOrTheNext
lvl.2
United States

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-6 16:51
I am having similar issues. I can’t get past step 4. It won’t let me click “Link” when it’s in blue at the bottom. I did an update and then it restarted itself twice during it and completed and was blinking green as if it were connected but trying to get connected again isn’t working

Ok so I updated my phone and ever since then as long as I turn on my remote, plug in my phone and open the app, then lastly turn on the drone it connects for me every time. Then turn it off in reverse order. Don't want to leave the drone on without a connection!
2018-2-6
Use props
Kevin79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

Here’s what I’ve found works. Turn on remote and wait until blinking red light turns solid red. Connect mobile device with DJI GO 4 open via lightning cable. If you do not for the “RC connected”  status unplug and reconnect the light cable on the side of the remote until you do. Turn on Aircraft and wait for it connect, if it does not? Hold the back button on the aircraft until it beeps once to pair the rc to the ac.
2018-2-6
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
United States

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-2-6 17:19
Here’s what I’ve found works. Turn on remote and wait until blinking red light turns solid red. Connect mobile device with DJI GO 4 open via lightning cable. If you do not for the “RC connected”  status unplug and reconnect the light cable on the side of the remote until you do. Turn on Aircraft and wait for it connect, if it does not? Hold the back button on the aircraft until it beeps once to pair the rc to the ac.

Thanks for the tip, will try tonight after work. The remote was beeping like crazy the whole time I was trying to do the updates and connect it it drove me mad and in the end it still wouldn’t connect. I’m 24 and fairly tech savvy I didn’t think it would be so difficult to do
2018-2-7
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
United States

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-2-6 17:19
Here’s what I’ve found works. Turn on remote and wait until blinking red light turns solid red. Connect mobile device with DJI GO 4 open via lightning cable. If you do not for the “RC connected”  status unplug and reconnect the light cable on the side of the remote until you do. Turn on Aircraft and wait for it connect, if it does not? Hold the back button on the aircraft until it beeps once to pair the rc to the ac.

no luck, seems as if it doesn't want to work with my iphone, i tried it with my ipad but using the USB on the bottom with the normal ipad cable not the provided RC cable and it worked. support said i am using the wrong port that i should be using the one on the side... i know this, it just doesnt work. that cable wont reach my ipad port however so i think it could be an issue with the RC cable or the RC port on the controller
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_oblJfhiqjv5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194908 ft
United Kingdom

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-8 04:34
no luck, seems as if it doesn't want to work with my iphone, i tried it with my ipad but using the USB on the bottom with the normal ipad cable not the provided RC cable and it worked. support said i am using the wrong port that i should be using the one on the side... i know this, it just doesnt work. that cable wont reach my ipad port however so i think it could be an issue with the RC cable or the RC port on the controller

My iPhone won’t work with it either but my iPad and my girlfriends iPhone also work. It just won’t go blue for step three.
2018-2-8
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_oblJfhiqjv5c Posted at 2018-2-8 12:18
My iPhone won’t work with it either but my iPad and my girlfriends iPhone also work. It just won’t go blue for step three.

hopefully this is something they can fix with an update
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

So you do the same thing with both iPhones one works, the other don't?
Did you chose the wired RC connection?

Try the following:
1. Power off RC
2. Connect phone with RC with the DJI cable of the side port
3. Start the app until it's in the main screen where you chose the Mavic Air
4. Start the RC

2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

InThisLifeOrTheNext Posted at 2018-2-1 18:13
I may have solved this... If an admin or someone knowledgeable can confirm this. So I refreshed the update on each device one more time. However, this time when I plugged my phone in after the updates and after reinstalling the Go app I went and clicked connect via wifi except this time I picked the with remote version... I am assuming I should've done this from the beginning? This would be the correct way to have connected the controller from the beginning? I was guided by a tutorial to hit camera view in the app then try and link the remote through the camera view. I just want to make sure i don't have a half working expensive drone ha. Thanks for whatever input is added.

Yes indeed, if you want to use the remote, choose the remote connection (wired)
If you chose the wifi connection then the aircraft has to be set back to remote connection again. Using the function button on the back of the aircraft.
2018-2-9
Use props
FBNBLZR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19570 ft
Germany

Hi there,
I'm having the same error I guess..

I've tried both USB Ports with different cables and 2 different Android Phones (OnePlus 5 (my main device) and Honor 6(work colleague))
Both Cellphones did not connect to the Remote. The GO4 App didnt show any sort of connection. I've used my OP5 with the Mavic Pro before and it worked fine. Thing is: the WiFi connection to the air works, but I didnt want to fly with that.
The thing is my iPad Air works fine with the remote (lightning to USB-A OR USB-B both work) but also here: I did not want to fly with that huge tablet as a screen, as its not held by the remote

My OP5 shows its charging though (its not, its just showing it is), but i cant change the USB-connection mode for some reason. The Honor6 from my work colleague was able to change USB-Modes, but it did not connect nonetheless

Any help/ideas? I've already updated the firmware of both the drone and the remote with the iPad
2018-2-15
Use props
mmiii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65486 ft
Germany

FBNBLZR Posted at 2018-2-15 13:19
Hi there,

You need to enter Android Developer Mode and activate USB Debugging. Then everything works fine
2018-2-18
Use props
FBNBLZR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19570 ft
Germany

mmiii Posted at 2018-2-18 13:52
You need to enter Android Developer Mode and activate USB Debugging. Then everything works fine

mother of god
after 6 days i can finally start my drone *-*

THANKS!!
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_DKkvq95h9wRn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4239 ft
United States

FBNBLZR Posted at 2018-2-19 09:32
mother of god
after 6 days i can finally start my drone *-*

I just stumbled into a simple solution. I connected the mavic air to the remote then connected my motorola moto z play to the remote. Started the DJI GO4 app and clicked on the three dots in the upper right corner. Then I clicked on Find My Drone and let it do It's thing. Then I exited Find My Drone and the GO4 app showed connected with GO FLY highlighted. Now my phone connects normally to the remote. Go figure!!
2018-2-22
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30935 ft
Australia

Anyone else having this problem and has a solution? I just picked up the Mavic Air and have the exact same problem. Enabling developer mode on my phone doesn't fix the issue either.
2018-2-27
Use props
Kenny Nguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

Having exact same problem as others, can't link the remote to my MA! Please provide a fix, this is unacceptable for a >$1000 USD device.

Thanks.
2018-3-11
Use props
itsnoel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

you are my most loved friend right now!!!! This has been driving me nuts trying to connect!!! thanks!
2018-3-11
Use props
Surge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48944 ft

I initially had no issues with a connection to the remote. Then I Connected the iPhone to the Mavic Air via WiFii. After that, I couldn’t link the remote to the drone. Tried the setup link procedure many times. Didn’t work.
What worked was to connect to the camera only and then via the settings choose Link. And press the button on the drone when prompted.
2018-4-22
Use props
Surge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48944 ft

Kenny Nguyen Posted at 2018-3-11 02:29
Having exact same problem as others, can't link the remote to my MA! Please provide a fix, this is unacceptable for a >$1000 USD device.

Thanks.

Where are my posts?!
Connect to the Drone via the camera only option. Then go into the remote settings via the flight app view. Turn link from there.
2018-4-22
Use props
anonymous
New
Poland

FBNBLZR Posted at 2018-2-15 13:19
Hi there,

I have the same error.
OnePlus5, enabled USB debugging but even with this, app is not able to make stable connection to remote.
Remote is connected to drone OK (at least as far as I can tell by looking at the green light on remote and drone.

Scenario that shows issue the best for me is :
- Powerup drone/remote, should connect.
- Connect phone by cable and go to main app screen (with drone image, icon for remote connection)
- Now USB should be connected in 'charging mode', no connection in app
- Select any other USB mode from phone pulldown menu (PTP worked most for me)
- Watch the app screen, it says "connected to remote" and "getting information" for about 5 seconds, even shows "Lets Fly" button sometimes, then loses connection
- USB is back to 'charging mode'

Cannot fly.
Nice work DJI, i was completely not expecting this buying mainstream premium drone...
2018-5-16
Use props
ind1g081
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78822 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue and developer mode and USB debugging did not help. RC and drone connect just fine, no connection in the GO App. Tried two different Android phones. Been flying since November of last year with zero issues. Few on 5/7 an it worked fine. Few on 5/20 and it won't connect. RC and drone were NOT firmware updated at all in-between but the phone and app are always getting updates.

Just ordered a CrystalSky to get away from all this phone buggy madness.
2018-5-24
Use props
avitor
lvl.1
Spain

just do it sample.
connect your mobile to RC
start your RC and the dji go on mobile
start your aircraft
keep the RC & mobile close to aircraft wari close, not more then 30cm
press on inter device
connect wifi and fair
now is will work for sure

most important to keep the RC and aircraft wary close
enloy.
2018-6-23
Use props
Ronanb87
lvl.1

United States

Same here. Tried everything on this thread + half a dozen other threads.

Boxing it up and returning it. ABSOLUTE garbage. Shame because i owned 2 Phantom's in the past and a S1000+ in the past. I was REALLY looking forward in using it on our big trip and wanted to get a few days of practice in before leaving.

Left me with a disgusting taste in my mouth. Won't bother buying DJI again since they clearly don't care about their customers. Easily one of the most frustrating experience ever. Only thing that worked was the firmware update via Assistant 2.
2018-7-20
Use props
Rrivera
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

After trying all sort of things, factory resets in both controller and mavic air, calling customer support and doing all sort of troubleshooting, it work by just moving to a different location, all the time I was trying to link the controller in my room just as I did the first time I flew the drone. After spending tons of hours browsing the internet without a solution I just move the drone to m backyard and it connected in as little as 20 seconds thru the show my camera. Now I already use 3 full batteries without any problem.
2018-7-25
Use props
Beuttenmuller
New
Flight distance : 6276 ft
Jersey

To mmiii and fbnblzr, thank you so much for suggesting activating the USB debugging. It has worked for me after 3 days hitting my head against the wall. Also on DJI 4 app in setting I also notice an option to deactivate USB debugging  so maybe that is the inverse order of the solution ? Anyway it is working fine now and I will leave like this. Thank you for your help
2018-7-27
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

same problem with my iphone6s. works with my iphone 5s though, but there is already some problem with my iphone6s, it also cant use the sandisk drive
2018-7-27
Use props
ndjjjj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13734 ft
Canada

I had the same problem, RC connected to the aircraft but DJI GO wont let me in camera view..
I tried diferent start up procedure.. no luck.. enabled usb debgging.. still no luck..

Then the simplest solution worked.. I had to restart my phone.. My phone is ALWAYS on.. and i really can't explain why, but after a restart, DJI GO connected normally after the first try.. GO figure!!
2018-8-21
Use props
SmudgeMeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554 ft
New Zealand

Surge Posted at 2018-4-22 11:54
I initially had no issues with a connection to the remote. Then I Connected the iPhone to the Mavic Air via WiFii. After that, I couldn’t link the remote to the drone. Tried the setup link procedure many times. Didn’t work.
What worked was to connect to the camera only and then via the settings choose Link. And press the button on the drone when prompted.

Can you please elaborate on this.... thanks Pete
2018-9-1
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

Many people hav too much running on phone.  Good idea to reastart and stop running proccesses i think.  Android app very good and work for almost everybody.  DJI do good job!

Jimmy
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Akv2YE2kZIdq
New

Spain

Hi, did you ever solve this problem. I have the same issue - Step 3 won't go blue. And get this, this is after i sent it back for repair under their advice. It's like they sat on it for a week in the repair shop and did nothing. I can pair the rc to the drone nd fly the drone but have no video feed. Can you help? i dont want to send it back again.
2018-10-7
Use props
djiuser_Akv2YE2kZIdq
New

Spain

Hi, did you ever solve this problem. I have the same issue - Step 3 won't go blue. And get this, this is after i sent it back for repair under their advice. It's like they sat on it for a week in the repair shop and did nothing. I can pair the rc to the drone and fly the drone but have no video feed. Can you help? i don't want to send it back again.
2018-10-7
Use props
djiuser_Akv2YE2kZIdq
New

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 20:25

Hi, I just noticed you comments and was wondering if you could explain this a bit clearer to me. I'm having the same problem as the guy you responded to. I have just had the drone back from dji repair shop and it still won't "Link to Aircraft" at step 3 in the GO 4 app. The link button stays greyed out. I can pair the rc to the drone and fly it but not with the app in play - so no video. I'm using a new ipad mini and have tried lighting to usb and to the mini port on the side of the rc. Nothing seems to work but i don't really understand what your comment is saying to do. Please help if you can. Thank you, David
2018-10-7
Use props
djiuser_Akv2YE2kZIdq
New

Spain

Ronanb87 Posted at 2018-7-20 19:03
Same here. Tried everything on this thread + half a dozen other threads.

Boxing it up and returning it. ABSOLUTE garbage. Shame because i owned 2 Phantom's in the past and a S1000+ in the past. I was REALLY looking forward in using it on our big trip and wanted to get a few days of practice in before leaving.

Hey Ronan, did you get your money back cus i'm thinking of doing the same. Mine just won't work even after they say they have repaired it.
what did you say to them?
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Akv2YE2kZIdq Posted at 2018-10-7 04:25
Hi, I just noticed you comments and was wondering if you could explain this a bit clearer to me. I'm having the same problem as the guy you responded to. I have just had the drone back from dji repair shop and it still won't "Link to Aircraft" at step 3 in the GO 4 app. The link button stays greyed out. I can pair the rc to the drone and fly it but not with the app in play - so no video. I'm using a new ipad mini and have tried lighting to usb and to the mini port on the side of the rc. Nothing seems to work but i don't really understand what your comment is saying to do. Please help if you can. Thank you, David

Hi David, sorry to know that you have the connecting issue with your drone. Just to confirm again, you can now fly the drone with the RC, but the RC is not able to connect your iPad mini, right?
If yes, please check if the mobile device has a reaction when you first connect it with the RC, if no, you may try to change another lightning cable, please remove the left cable first before using the port on the bottom, or you can also try a different mobile device for connecting. If the issue persists, please provide us with the screenshots or the video of this case for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-10-7
Use props
fans4b8743f0
New

United States

Ronanb87 Posted at 2018-7-20 19:03
Same here. Tried everything on this thread + half a dozen other threads.

Boxing it up and returning it. ABSOLUTE garbage. Shame because i owned 2 Phantom's in the past and a S1000+ in the past. I was REALLY looking forward in using it on our big trip and wanted to get a few days of practice in before leaving.

What is this ‘Assistant’ you speak of. Is it on a desktop app. I need help. I bought a Mavic Pro that arrived with a fumble that didn’t work. Now this with Air. I’m not a happy consumer
2019-3-26
Use props
fans4b8743f0
New

United States

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-6 16:51

Same. Have you been able to find anything that worked
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

I Have the same issue. DJI store in MIlan told me "it is a cable issue, change the cable with original one" or the "smartphone usb port is broken".
I changed 3 cable, and also 3 smrtphone but the problem persist, i'm unable to connect RC to Phone.
What i have to do? Buying a new controller?? Please help, i spent a lot of money for DJI Mavic Air, and is not possible to not receive assitance. Mavic air has 13 months of life, so DJI CARE is just expired...

Please note that i triyed using the left port of RC and also the bottom USB port, nothing change!

2019-4-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules