Mavic Air Wifi Only not working
29774 24 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United States

I am able to connect my remote and Mavic Air together without the rc cable, I can take off and fly however I can only see a blank aircraft disconnected screen on the Go4 App, I goto the Wi-Fi Connection, scan the QR code and I get a "failed to connect error"  Customer support is useless, I had no problem connecting with my Spark via Wi-Fi but this has me lost. My best guest is there is a problem with my Galaxy S7 Edge. Can anyone please help?
2018-2-1
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

What are you trying to connect to the WiFi on your phone? You use rc cable to connect the phone and Rc or use the phones WiFi to aircraft without RC not both at same time. Did you hold the Funcition button long enauf?

Capture59.PNG
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Craig, Mavic Air is using the USB cable for connecting the RC and mobile device, then choose Enter Camera View if there is a page popping up. If you need to control the drone directly by a mobile device, you need to switch the drone to WiFi mode, please kindly refer to the manual G_Sig posted above, more info needed, please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.0.pdf
2018-2-1
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Air remote has to be connected by a cable to your display device. It’s not like the Spark which used WiFi. Everyone seemed to hate that anyway!

2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-1 21:46
The Air remote has to be connected by a cable to your display device. It’s not like the Spark which used WiFi. Everyone seemed to hate that anyway!

The WiFi on my sparc connection worked well.

Also you must ensure that when you use a cable to connect to your Tablet that it is a proper data cable. Som cables are just charge cables. If the ones that came with the Mavic Air were longer people would not have this issue as they are proper data cables but only long enough for phones. Tablets need longer cables which you need to buy but make sure they are data
2018-2-1
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-2-1 18:10
What are you trying to connect to the WiFi on your phone? You use rc cable to connect the phone and Rc or use the phones WiFi to aircraft without RC not both at same time. Did you hold the Funcition button long enauf?
I read the other post and now understand that the RC cable must be connected to the device and the controller, thanks for the answers.
2018-2-2
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-1 21:46

Yeah it was a love/hate thang with me, thanks for the answer.
2018-2-2
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

CaptCraig Posted at 2018-2-2 07:11
I read the other post and now understand that the RC cable must be connected to the device and the controller, thanks for the answers.

Then you must use USB cable and be sure to set your S7 USB port to MTP not just charging.
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_DKkvq95h9wRn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4239 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-2-2 07:23
Then you must use USB cable and be sure to set your S7 USB port to MTP not just charging.

Here's what worked for me to get my phone (Motorola Droid) to connect to the controller. Open the DJI GO4 app with the cable hooked between your phone and the remote (both powered on). Now don't select connect my drone instead click on the three dots in the upper right of the GO4 page and select Find My Drone. Let it do it's thing for a minute then back out to the GO4 home page. When I did that it showed me connected and FLY NOW was highlighted. It's been connecting ever since.
2018-2-23
Use props
mevoyalmundocom
New
Flight distance : 4190 ft
Cambodia

Same problem, WiFi is not detected by my iPhone 6s
2018-2-23
Use props
fansdef19292
lvl.1
Panama

Hello greetings...

I try by all means to connect my new mavic air drone via wifi, and unfortunately it does not work after following all the steps of the manual and all the tutorials of DJI and other people does not work, but I found in the forums that many people have this problem but they do not say how to solve it, I bought it in Miami and I live in Panama. What should I do ... the drone has never been flown and only has 3 days of purchase-
2018-3-3
Use props
milindian
New
Flight distance : 1634 ft
Sweden

I don't know if this helps, but I'll post just in case. Try turning off your mobile data (e.g. 4G) and then following the WiFi connection setup on the DJI app. Also make sure that there is enough juice left in the drone battery. Mine wouldn't output a WiFi signal when I only had "one dot" of battery left.
2018-3-3
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

hi guys,  when I hold the multifunction button I hear a beep once and then two beeps that is only when you release the button.. if it is released when the first beep herd then the WiFi is not activated. the second issue was linking the remote.. you have to follow the steps to relink after using WiFi.. Cheers
2018-3-5
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

HenryHM Posted at 2018-3-5 02:47
hi guys,  when I hold the multifunction button I hear a beep once and then two beeps that is only when you release the button.. if it is released when the first beep herd then the WiFi is not activated. the second issue was linking the remote.. you have to follow the steps to relink after using WiFi.. Cheers

thanks managed to do so!
2018-3-7
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

all good now?
2018-3-8
Use props
fanse933b3ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303317 ft
France

Thank you Henry, it worked out....waiting after the second beep, thanx for the tip
2018-3-9
Use props
VILLETTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1552 ft
France

HIE     MY I PAD OR  GALAXY S7 DON T RECOGNIZE WIFI FROM MY MAVIC AIR
2018-4-1
Use props
VILLETTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1552 ft
France

HIE    MY IPAD MINI OR MY GALAXY S7 DON T RECOKNIZE MY MAVIC AIR  SO AS MAVIC SUPPORT RECOMMENDED I PRESS FONSTION BUTTON FOR 9 SEC AND IT S OK I HAVE THE CONNEXION BUT I LOSE THE REMOTE CONTROLER CONNEXION IF I CONNECT BEFORE THE MAVIC AND AFTER I CONNECT THE CONTROLER  BY PRESSING THE FONCTION BUTTON FOR 5 SEC I CONNECT THE CONTROLER BUT I LOSE THE THE WIFI CONNEXION   SO IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO FLOWN WITH WIFI CONNEXION  I CAN ONLY FLOWN WITH CABLE I TRY TO RESOLVE SINCE ONE WEEK BUT IMPOSSIBLE    HAVE YOU A SOLUTION   M THAK S
2018-4-1
Use props
LastBoyScout
New
United Kingdom

milindian Posted at 2018-3-3 15:30
I don't know if this helps, but I'll post just in case. Try turning off your mobile data (e.g. 4G) and then following the WiFi connection setup on the DJI app. Also make sure that there is enough juice left in the drone battery. Mine wouldn't output a WiFi signal when I only had "one dot" of battery left.

Thanks milindian, disabling my mobile data solved my problem when connecting using my phone's WiFi to connect to the Air, no cables or using the remote.

After successfully connecting via WiFi I was able to switch on my mobile phone's data again without disruption however you might want to bear in mind that there is the chance that if you loose connection that it won't be able to re-establish with the Mobile Data enabled.  Either way it's a problem that needs DJI to fix.

Additionally it is worth noting that I am able to scan the QR Code successfully AND connect to the Air's Wifi however the Go4 app fails to recognise the successful connection so I can't click "Done" and waiting for the auto-completion I get after disabling my mobile data doesn't happen.  This is the case when manually configuring and connecting via WiFi.
So this another thing that DJI needs to look into and fix  

I'm using a Motorola G5 Plus running android 7.0
2018-4-12
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Same problem, WiFi is detected by my One Plus 5 and connected but he app don't want to connect.
I think its my One Plus because my Nexus 6P, with only 10-20 minutes battery life, can handel it. It's the same problem/solution with Oculus Go and One Plus 5.
2018-5-12
Use props
mihnea
New
Romania

What I found out after repeated failures is that I had to press only once the green flashing button  to get wifi connection after I linked my phone to the drone with the remote connected.
My steps were: connect phone to rc, choose wifi connect, follow the steps written on the phone screen, connect than turn off remote and drone. Power on drone, start the app in phone with phone disconnected from the rc, press the green button from the drone until ONE beep was heard than wifi was on on the phone. Success!
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Dirk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5915 ft

I don't know if this helps, but I'll post just in case. Try turning off your mobile data (e.g. 4G) and then following the WiFi connection setup on the DJI app. Also make sure that there is enough juice left in the drone battery. Mine wouldn't output a WiFi signal when I only had "one dot" of battery left.

Turning off mobile data worked for me. But in addition I have to reset my MA each time (press 6 sec. until you hear 3 beeps) before being able to connect to my phone.
2018-7-17
Use props
Benno2005
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260699 ft
Thailand

Hi yes found this out too and it helps connecting my Galaxy Note 9 ,but still not able to connect with the QR code even mobil data set to off.
2018-9-5
Use props
baghira
lvl.1

Malta

I have same problem with a huwawei P20 lite.
Wifi is not detected by mobile phone... No matter what I do
2019-11-15
Use props
I Campos
lvl.1
United States

fansdef19292 Posted at 2018-3-3 10:50
Hello greetings...

I try by all means to connect my new mavic air drone via wifi, and unfortunately it does not work after following all the steps of the manual and all the tutorials of DJI and other people does not work, but I found in the forums that many people have this problem but they do not say how to solve it, I bought it in Miami and I live in Panama. What should I do ... the drone has never been flown and only has 3 days of purchase-

Hey there, to be able to connect your Mavic Air to WiFi only, so you can control it with your smartphone (No Remote Control), you need to hold the button on the back of the Mavic Air (the same the lights up/blinks...yes, it's a button) for some time until it beeps twice. First it will beep only once, keep holding the button and it will beep 2x, than release the button and try to connect via WiFi.
To connect the RC back, do the same procedure but release the button when you hear the first beep.
I hope this helps.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules